Mon, Jul 8, 11:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 26 1:13 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT: ISS

peedy ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2011 at 12:40 AM · edited Sat, 06 July 2024 at 7:48 AM

This is really cool.
A look at ISS from the start till now.
I had no idea it was this big already:

http://i.usatoday.net/tech/graphics/iss_timeline/flash.htm

Corrie

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2011 at 6:38 AM
Forum Moderator

Thanks, Corrie.

After all that time it's still not much bigger than a couple of jumbo jets. Kinda sad in a way. I just hope they keep at it. Saw it fly overhead a few weeks ago. My son said it was nice to see where all the money went.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

peedy ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2011 at 8:20 AM

LOL!
Junior takes after senior, eh??? ;-P

Yes, it's not really big, the ISS.
But compared with how it started it's a big improvement.

Corrie

Hubert ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2011 at 8:41 AM · edited Fri, 14 January 2011 at 8:44 AM

They could need some sponsoring. As I already suggested in my according Bryce scene from Nov. 1999! I try to insert a downsized version of that render here...

Space Station (1999)

The space station above was from Freestuff and some models from RayDreamStudio4. The softdrink texture was "adjusted" by me then.

:)
Hubert

"All that we see or fear, is but a Sphere inside a Sphere."     (E. A. Pryce -- Tuesday afternoon, 1845)

peedy ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2011 at 8:48 AM

LOL!
Fantastic image!

I guess the sponsors want to see their advertisment. ;-)

Corrie

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2011 at 10:02 AM · edited Fri, 14 January 2011 at 10:03 AM

LOL...good job on the pop can texture...that would have got by in freestuff, heh heh heh.

Has anyone noticed that at the end if you click on any of the items to the right a small flash pop up animation appears of the item and at the end of the animation, includes dimensions for anyone considering modeizing this.. ...way cool

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

peedy ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2011 at 10:09 AM

Yes, I did see that.
Could be an excellent modeling help, indeed.

Quest ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2011 at 9:31 AM

Very cool Corrie...thanks.

TheBryster ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2011 at 9:52 AM
Forum Moderator

Oh get real! Americans would insist in adverts for Budweiser....:lol:

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

clay ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2011 at 11:46 AM

UFOlogists suggest that the moon is a space station (kinda like the death star) when the last moon landing occured NASA and the astronauts stated that the "moon rang like a bell for about 3 hrs" when the lander landed. they also stated that in some of the craters they could not find a bottom to them, suggesting that they were entrances for alien ships, kinda like a parking garage. Basically it's an observation/base for aliens to mess with us LOL!.

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

peedy ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2011 at 11:52 AM

Did the astronauts come up with an explanation?

Corrie

clay ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2011 at 11:53 AM

Well ufologists suggest that the moon is hollow. Nasa had no comment.

peedy ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2011 at 11:55 AM

Ok, thanks. :-)

clay ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2011 at 12:08 PM

No wonder the moon is grey, the aliens "blend in" hehehehe. Clever lil fellas:-)

peedy ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2011 at 12:10 PM

LOL!
Good one! :-D

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2011 at 2:10 PM

this thread took a cool turn there...thanks clay.. ..

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

electroglyph ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2011 at 9:33 PM

Just to mention this resource again. NASA has downloadable 3D models including the ISS.

http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/3d_resources/models.html

Chris,

Budweiser is owned by InBev a Belgian/Brazillian consortium. CocaCola is about as American as you can get.

Did you know when they decided to stop painting the shuttle fuel tanks white to save cash  Arnold Swarzenegger offered to cover the cost if he could put a poster for Last Action Hero on the side?

clay ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2011 at 9:55 PM

Is funny you mention that about Budweiser Electro, the family tried to sue the Anheiser Busch company over the name, is kinda like the guy in the state of Arkansas who sued Ford motor company because he owned the name Ford on his soda company and bought the rights for the URL and the Ford motor company ended up taking it away from him via the government. Yaaay for us little people.

electroglyph ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2011 at 1:10 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

I used to drink Coors myself. Now I like Shiner Bock and Dos Equis. Some of the Sam Adams are also good.

For a time there was World's Fair Beer. Saying it taste like piss is insulting to piss.

I got a can of "Old Frothingslosh" once. That's "The pale, stale ale with the foam on the bottom."

Wonder what the little grey aliens drink?

clay ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2011 at 1:14 AM

The grey aliens drink , drum roll here, Sprite! they say it makes their nuzzles feel tingly and their digits twangy, whatever twangy means.

peedy ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2011 at 1:15 AM

Moonlighted stuff, ofcourse! ;-)

Corrie

clay ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2011 at 1:19 AM

I'm from the south corrie, so I'm sure moon shine has a lot to do with some of alien sightings:-) And why do they name it moonshine? Is that a implanted hint about the moon space station? LOL!

peedy ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2011 at 1:20 AM

Hehehehe
I hope not!

electroglyph ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2011 at 1:36 AM

My digits are tingly and my nose is kind of twangy. Maybe I'm a backwards alien?

peedy ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2011 at 1:39 AM

LOL.

No comment! ;-D

clay ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2011 at 1:52 AM

<-- feels around with tenticles, yup twangy LOL!

RobertJ ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2011 at 4:14 AM

More seriously now, i miss the Japanese "Koutonori" (White Stork) in the list of transports to the ISS. This is not some model or idea on the drawing table, in the comming week they will launch another one.

http://www.jaxa.jp/countdown/h2bf2/overview/htv_e.html

Oh as they say it themselves, why "white stork"?

During a month-long nickname campaign, we received 17,236 suggestions. Among them, "KOUNOTORI" was selected because a white stork carries an image of conveying an important thing (a baby, happiness, and other joyful things); therefore, it precisely expresses the mission to transport essential materials to the ISS.

Robert van der Veeke Basugasubasubasu Basugasubakuhaku Gasubakuhakuhaku!! "Better is the enemy of good enough." Dr. Mikoyan of the Mikoyan Gurevich Design Bureau.

peedy ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2011 at 8:12 AM

Thanks, RobertJ.
I had no idea about that.

Corrie

electroglyph ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2011 at 9:30 AM

White Stork, Wonder if they sent a load of Sprite to trade with the aliens?

I've seen the ISS once maybe. Its hard to find a time that isn't 2am or longer than a couple of minutes. Lots of hills here and if the angle is low it's never going to pop up even if predicted.

If you would like to look nasa publishes tables of viewing times on this webpage.

http://spaceflight1.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/index.html

You can also download a skywatch app that lets you put in your Long/Lat and calculates vewing times for your exact location. It lets you find several satellites including the cosmic background explorer and Hubble. Probably need a telescope for those but it tells you where to look.

peedy ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2011 at 9:38 AM

That is way cool!
Thanks! :-D

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2011 at 9:45 AM

cool info electroglyph...noted and will be passed on to a young friend,[he's 14] just recently enamored of the space program.. ...

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Sarissi ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2011 at 3:58 PM

What are you going to do, IF, you see a bunch of Greys dressed in frilly pink tutus doing the Rockettes line dance, while singing Achey Breaky Heart?

clay ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2011 at 4:02 PM

I would break out the lawn chair, cooler full of beer, watch their show, and then start shooting LOL!!! Afterwards take their lil ship for a spin around the block, put some spinners on it, maybe a gun rack and put some killer graphics on the side and run it by my buddies and holler, I gots me a hover car nyaaahhhh:-P

RobertJ ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2011 at 4:42 PM

Quote - White Stork, Wonder if they sent a load of Sprite to trade with the aliens?

Knowing Japan it will be tasty :-9

I don't speak much Japanese, most of them are not that good with English, but later in the evening after some alcoholic beverages understanding one and another improves greatly.

Robert van der Veeke Basugasubasubasu Basugasubakuhaku Gasubakuhakuhaku!! "Better is the enemy of good enough." Dr. Mikoyan of the Mikoyan Gurevich Design Bureau.

clay ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2011 at 5:16 PM

All your base belong to us. LOL!

bobbystahr ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2011 at 9:27 PM

he he he!

I see a sound
and try to write it down
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Sarissi ( ) posted Wed, 19 January 2011 at 8:36 PM

I thought I would get a response out of Clay.  :D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.