Thu, Sep 19, 10:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: Creating seams and collars for conforming clothing?

GaryChildress ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2011 at 2:39 PM · edited Sun, 04 August 2024 at 12:27 AM

Are there any good tutorials out there on how to create seams and collars for conforming clothing using Wings3D? Basically I am able to get the basic shape of the clothing pretty well, however, when it comes creating buttoning seams or the collar around the neck I can't figure out how to get Wings to do what I want. :(

Thanks for any help!

Please visit My 3D Freebies

Thank you for your patronage!

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 06 February 2011 at 4:01 PM

I select a row of polygons which lay along the seam , and extrude them slightly to get a raised seam.

You can do seams with a bump or displacement map too.

Conforming clothing does not have to be a continuous mesh , so you can model the collar as a seperate piece and simply overlap it slightly with the neck opening.

• sorry I use Lightwave - no idea what wing3d has as commands

another way is too select the edge along the neck opening and do an extend and move to create a new row of polygons. Then continue doing that to the top edge to build up the collar.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.