Sun, Oct 6, 12:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: How to Maximize the size of *.png rendered in Apo?

Pontigary ( ) posted Fri, 11 March 2011 at 6:18 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 10:34 AM

Dear friends, please tell me what is the maximum size of *.png files that one can render in Apo 7X with flam3 engine and how to make it larger?

Sometimes I "ask" it to make a rather big file (>20 mpix) and after say 20 - 30 hrs of rendering I have a *.bmp with its poor quality and inability to be postprocessed for print. I want to know the maximum possible size (Mpix or MB) of *.PNG beforehand.

Or does it depend on the PC configuration (say, amount of RAM)?

Or does it depend on Apo version one uses (I use 3Dhack, 2.09 & 7x v.15)?

Thank You in advance,
Anthony.

Lenord ( ) posted Tue, 05 April 2011 at 8:19 AM

Max size usually always depends on the ammount of RAM available, the more Ram the larger Image that can be Rendered, speed always dependent on the number of Cores available to process the Project.  I do not believe Apo (any version) has a limit on size of Render, it all depends on the Power of your Machine and of course your patience. 

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

Pontigary ( ) posted Wed, 13 April 2011 at 6:33 AM · edited Wed, 13 April 2011 at 6:35 AM

Thank You, Lenord!

Quote - Max size usually always depends on the ammount of RAM available, the more Ram the larger Image that can be Rendered

I've got 16GB DDR3 RAM...

Quote - speed always dependent on the number of Cores available to process the Project

My graphic Station is based on Intel Quad 9650...

Quote - I do not believe Apo (any version) has a limit on size of Render, it all depends on the Power of your Machine and of course your patience. 

You can belive me or not, but I can't get a 30 - 40 Mpx PNG  (5'000x6'000) of appropriate quality (>4'000) with flam3 render and what is more annoying is that I dont know how to understand beforehand whether I get a PNG or BMP as a result of my say 14-hour render...

Lenord ( ) posted Wed, 13 April 2011 at 8:57 AM

When setting up the Render settings you should be able to see what the final image format will be by checking the filename, is it .Jpg, .Bmp or .Png, change it to what you want. If you want transparent PNG make sure Transpaent Png is enabled in the Options list. I have a measly 3gig of ram but have rendered 25 and 30 mpx Pngs before no problem, there is however a warning that pops up in the image output stage that says "when rendering Higher Resolution Images it is better to use BMP format to avoid Memory problems" I ignored it and the Png was fine.

Remember...No matter where you go there you are

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.