Fri, Aug 2, 11:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 25 7:29 pm)

Subject: Important: Don't update your Nvidia drivers to 270.61 just yet

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 6:16 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 3:49 PM

OpenGL is screwed inside Vue (9 and 9.5, didn't test earlier versions), any object not using texture maps is solid black in ortho views and solid brownish in camera/perspective views.
E-on is aware of the problem and is working on a fix. Xstream plugin inside C4D is not affected, dunno about other host apps.

Rich_Potter ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 6:17 AM

Thanks for the heads up bruno.

Rich

http://blog.richard-potter.co.uk

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 7:05 AM

That update caused other problems for me, my screen kept breaking up after installing it, I had to roll back the driver to get it back to how it was. Each time the screen broke up I had to reboot by the reset button because it also stopped the mouse working and the Ctrl, Alt, Del didn't work either. One of their worst updates ever.

I did contact their support only to be advised to update my Bios and Mobo drivers, now I know what a world of pain that can lead to, so I didn't bother, the older version is just fine..

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 7:19 AM

How do you roll back? Did you restore Windows?

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 7:20 AM

No, go into Device manager, select your video card, look for driver details and there's a button to click that says "roll back driver"..Job done.

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 7:36 AM

Right, thanks!

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 7:39 AM
Forum Moderator

Why on earth would they expect you to update your bios and mobo drivers? Surely their upgrades/updates should be backwards compatable?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 21 April 2011 at 9:54 AM

Quote - Why on earth would they expect you to update your bios and mobo drivers? Surely their upgrades/updates should be backwards compatable?

Because this is the kind of stuff developpers do for fun when they're bored?

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2011 at 3:13 AM

Nvidia have never and will never admit they have sent out a shit update, years of experience using their drivers and products tells me that much...LOL.

Cofiwch Dryweryn.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 22 April 2011 at 3:38 AM

The person that you contact via phone or email is never an actual computer tech.  Just a filter.  And their only job is to close tickets that they open.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

sirrick ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2011 at 2:58 PM

thanks for the Head's up, much appreciated

Darboshanski ( ) posted Sat, 23 April 2011 at 3:56 PM

Thanks Bruno I had already updated to that driver version and noticed the same problems. Just rolled back to the old driver and all is well.

My Facebook Page

martial ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 4:56 AM

Same problem here with Vue infinite 9,5 and the last NDvidia driver

But the problem is with Vue because i have many applications using Open gl display and everything is ok on these sides

So would i wait for a Vue update or go back to the last version of display driver ?

I hesitate

Rich_Potter ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 5:06 AM

roll, back, you can always update again when the next fix is out.

If everythign worked on the previous driver, and stuff didnt work with the new driver, theres no point in having the newest driver.

Rich

http://blog.richard-potter.co.uk

Vege-Mite ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 8:44 AM

I've had that update since Beta with no problems, although I always delete the
old driver by using 'Driver Sweeper' and pick the option to do a clean install
of the new driver. I also save the last few versions of the drivers on an
external HDD in case I have to roll back.

Adriaan Barel (a.k.a. Vege Mite)
"Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace." -- Oscar Wilde

Darboshanski ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 9:01 AM

Quote - I've had that update since Beta with no problems, although I always delete the
old driver by using 'Driver Sweeper' and pick the option to do a clean install
of the new driver. I also save the last few versions of the drivers on an
external HDD in case I have to roll back.

Same here  mate I delete the driver then run driver sweeper and install the last driver version. I save the last few driver versions myself :)

My Facebook Page

martial ( ) posted Sun, 24 April 2011 at 3:45 PM

Finally bring back version 266.58 downloaded from NVidia site

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.