Mon, Oct 21, 10:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Forgive my n00biness - which module handles rain?

kathym ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 11:13 AM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 2:16 AM

So I downloaded the newest trial version of Vue esprit 9 and I have to be honest - I'm in love. I've been looking at the modules - but I can't seem to find one that says it generates rain.

Is that effect something I am going to have to do via photoshop?

thanks!

Just enjoying the Vue. :0)

thd777 ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 11:26 AM

Hello and welcome to Vue!

There is no specific module to add rain. However, there are multiple ways to a rain in Vue renders. One can use transmapped cylinders with procedural textures or specifically textured plant models (for sale at cornucopia3D, look for wabe's weather). An example for the transmapped cylinder is included in the full version of Vue on the extras disk, but I don't think it that is also in the free demo (look in Objects -> Exterior -> Nature).

Have fun and feel free to ask questions. If you want to see some example of what Vue can do, check out my gallery here or at deviantART (thd777.deviantart.com). All renders were done in Vue with some help from DAZ Studio or Poser for the characters.

Ciao

TD

kathym ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 11:50 AM

Thanks for the information. You gallery looks really good btw. Heading over to check out the wabe's weather now. :0)

thd777 ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2011 at 12:20 PM

file_468650.jpg

No problem. The sets at Cornucopia are called "Wabe's bad weather collection" and "wabe's bad weather expansion 1" . I have both. Theuy are very good and versatile.

Above is a quick example of using the transmapped cylinders to generate rain. Just a quick and dirty 5 minute effort, but you can see the genral look of it.

Ciao

TD

kathym ( ) posted Wed, 11 May 2011 at 12:39 PM

that looks great. what format would you recommend exporting poser characters as to import them inot vue?

Is there one format that works better then others?

tsquare ( ) posted Thu, 12 May 2011 at 6:37 AM · edited Thu, 12 May 2011 at 6:37 AM

Hello and welcome Kathym :)

Forester also makes nice rain and other water effects at Cornucopia, and here at 'rosity.

Teque

thd777 ( ) posted Thu, 12 May 2011 at 8:37 AM

Attached Link: DAZ to Vue tutorial

> Quote - that looks great. what format would you recommend exporting poser characters as to import them inot vue? > >   > > Is there one format that works better then others?

For Poser exports I usually just read the .pz3 directly but I do not use the "Poser shader tree" option (Do not use the "allow re-posing" option unless you have a true monster of a computer and lots of memory!). I very much prefer the Vue materials, but if you are in a hurry and have enough memory you can use the Poser Shadertree option and your chgaracters will look pretty much like they do in Poser.

My primary posing program is DAZ Studio amnd from there I usually use .obj export for still renders and Collada (.dae) for things I want to pose in Vue or for animations. OBJ works also well for Poser exports and is quite memory efficient.

I have a short PDF tutorial for OBJ to Vue on ShareCG. It is written from a DAZ Studio point of view but there is lots of info in there that applies to Poser as well. See link above.

Ciao

TD

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.