Wed, Sep 18, 11:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: here is my library error message

santicor ( ) posted Sun, 15 May 2011 at 9:13 AM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 11:59 PM

I am  not the most knowledgabele PC user here-  so please have patience with this question - ( this is not as bad as my "how do  i  merge 2 light  sets?" question, though)

I have some kind of library  access http  error  every time I run  PPRO2010 so  i  guess this uses the internet  and I have some connectivity prob. can anyone help

FAULT Detected!
[FaultEvent fault=[RPC Fault faultString="HTTP request error" faultCode="Server.Error.Request" faultDetail="Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032" errorID=2032]. URL: http://www.contentparadise.com/api/search_params.aspx"] messageId="62FFB8C8-6709-0F38-F168-F3FA4072EF43" type="fault" bubbles=false cancelable=true eventPhase=2]

"When you have to shoot ...

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=3&userid=580115

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Sun, 15 May 2011 at 9:26 AM

If it's anything like the one I had, it's that a port is being blocked that the library needs.

I went into my firewall and opened all the ports for Poser and it worked.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sun, 15 May 2011 at 9:28 AM

It's nothing. Your PC is configured to prevent the GUI from asking CP a question. The question it is asking is this: "What search parameters should I offer to help the user do a search on CP?" Then CP normally answers with things like "Search by Vendor" followed by a list of vendors, "Search by Category" followed by a list of categories. 

I am sorry that I did not suppress the error message when I built it. I thought people would like to know that searching the store will not be possible. I did not anticipate the situation that is created when a user absolutely never allows their computer to talk to the Internet.

None of the beta testers reported this, which is when such scenarios are usually revealed. Otherwise if I had understood how a non-trivial number of people are affected by this, I would have added an option to disable CP search.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

santicor ( ) posted Sun, 15 May 2011 at 10:07 AM

In windows firewall  ( i  do not have any other firewall) I  just allowed full  access to  PPro2010 ....and I also  understand the error that  is happeneing b/c of  BBs  explanation.

at the risk  of  sounding thick .....  i continue to  get the error accessing Content Paradise  after setting rule in  firewall -  and then  the second  error after the CP error is this:

FAULT Detected!
[FaultEvent fault=[RPC Fault faultString="HTTP request error" faultCode="Server.Error.Request" faultDetail="Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032" errorID=2032]. URL: http://127.0.0.1:11530/apps/lms/api.py"] messageId="0F6E1FBD-9649-F5C9-0892-F42E566F0AA3" type="fault" bubbles=false cancelable=true eventPhase=2] --- Fault Request Info:
      op=appConfig

but the main problem is, after dismissing these 2  error notifcations I have blank  screen  for library.

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sun, 15 May 2011 at 10:22 AM · edited Sun, 15 May 2011 at 10:23 AM

The second one is much more serious - failure of the "appConfig" request. It is unable to talk to Poser itself. This is the very first internal communication and it is the configuration of the GUI itself - what are the 9 categories of content, what are the library paths, what are the options allowed on them, what are the words and pictures on every part of the interface, etc. Without a response to this, the GUI is like a blank sheet of paper - it knows nothing at all.

The firewall is not allowing any communication, even internal to the machine. You must fix that.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

santicor ( ) posted Sun, 15 May 2011 at 6:41 PM

Fixed the isue by  yanking the factory Mcafee (relatively new Dell desktop)   and buying Kaspersky -  that  mCafee is a curse I should have done this  long time ago

I simply could not manage that  horrible mcafee and it did not even  want to  uninstall  for me - fought me for an  hour

Library access  is fine now - both the windows and kaspersky firewalls are up  with no  special  rules needed for Poser and  it works fine.

Thank  you

SHOOT.

Don't talk "

- Tuco

Santicor's Gallery:

bagginsbill ( ) posted Sun, 15 May 2011 at 7:18 PM

Awesome. Earlier mentioned you thought you only had Windows firewall - if I had even a hint of McAfee I would have told you to dump that junk. That is the worst security software in the world. I was forced to use it for a while while I was consulting for a very large corporation because of their stupid rules. It slowed my work down so bad I was losing money! So I secretly removed it from their computer.

They insisted that it was not possible to remove their corporate security policy as it was enforced. I actually did it (bypassed and completely erased) in less than half an hour. McAfee is total junk. It interferes with the user, and does not prevent hackers like me for more than a couple minutes.

ShaaraMuse3D ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2011 at 2:04 AM

That error message has appeared for me too. Usually appears when I have wireless switched off (using laptop). I just click it away and continue. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.