Mon, Sep 9, 4:11 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Help concerning obj import from 3dmax into poser

dante ( ) posted Sun, 15 May 2011 at 4:28 PM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 1:31 AM

file_468798.jpg

Hi all.

Upon importing an OBJ file with textures after it had been exported from 3dMax the mesh came fine showing all textures as they should be (1st Pict). But after rendering the textures showed like what you see in the 2nd pict. 

How can I correct this?

Thanks in advance

dante ( ) posted Sun, 15 May 2011 at 4:29 PM

file_468799.jpg

here's the second pict

millighost ( ) posted Sun, 15 May 2011 at 5:09 PM

Quote - here's the second pict

Looks like two overlapping cars. You probably either accidently loaded your car twice into poser, or you might have duplicated every face in 3dsmax.

dante ( ) posted Sun, 15 May 2011 at 5:16 PM

Thanks...I think you are right...let me check.

jonnybode ( ) posted Sun, 15 May 2011 at 11:44 PM

Or you could check out "normals forward" in the material room, or "smoth polygon" under properties.

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2011 at 3:24 AM

Quote - check out "normals forward" in the material room

This will likely be the quickest solution. A better fix would be to export with whatever option will produce single sided polygons (this may require some fixup depending on exactly what comes out).

232bird ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2011 at 8:31 AM

What version of Max?  I have 2010, and I know it has a Poser preset for the GW obj exporter.  Or maybe the preset is in the exporter. I don't know, come to think of it.  The exporter is a free download if you search for it.  Anyway, it automatically corrects alignment, grouping, (mostly) sizing, and has options to bake textures as well as export the textures as well.  It isn't perfect, but may fix your problem.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.