Thu, Sep 19, 8:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:06 am)

Subject: D/S Downloads continously warning of virus contained.

3-d-c ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2011 at 12:21 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 5:41 AM

Hi all,

i had never had any issues with downloads from DAZ but in the recent weeks i continue to get messages of viruses in the file.

FIrst it was the Texture COnverter, saying a virus found in the download ... Kaspersky deleted the file. I contacted DAZ about this and they still just return: there is no harm, ignore the message.

i have downloaded D/S 4 today and again, Windows comes up with a virus found and warns me of the installation: ... is not commonly downloaded cause it could harm your computer!...

I am on Windows 7 64 bit english. Is anyone else expiriencing this?

Cheers.

3-D-Cs Facebook Page: 3-D-C on Facebook

Check the K-Azonica Story and World Evolving:   K-Azonica

Check my website and products and the large freebie section:   3-D-C

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2011 at 3:45 AM

When a .exe download comes through on Win 7, it usually warns you that this file can contain a virus, that is normal.  Did you scan the file?

3-d-c ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2011 at 4:40 AM

yes, and Kaspersky has found a virus in previous downloads then deletes the files or puts them to quarantine. the D/S 4 exe i havent scanned, but the texture converter i scanned and Kaspersky found viruses in there.

Again, DAZ returned my ticket saying i should ignore it and the install on an isolated system worked oK, nevertheless i begin getting the same messages on D/S4 exe so i was wondering if this is a pattern others see...

kylumi ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2011 at 7:34 AM

This is known as a "False-Positve"  possibly due to your Virus detection heuristics or even its dodgy signature.

I usually ignore them after scanning simply because I know the source.

Interestingly, I had one from Daz myself just recently.......but, after rescanning with Malawarebytes I installed it with no further problems.

3-d-c ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2011 at 7:38 AM

hm...

it just frightens me. more, because it does appear more then once...

the texture converters and all additions had coming up with it. And it came up on Kaspersky and Avira.....

thanks for letting me know that i am not alone :)

kylumi ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2011 at 10:42 AM

Its always best to check any files downloaded from the internet.....befroe releasing them onto your PC.....lol.

But, in this I am 99.9% sure the conflicting False-Positives are due to your own software.

If you could download your files to another machine which does not use Kaspersky Antivirus I suspect your False -Positives would disappear.

Good Luck.......stay safe!!!

3-d-c ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2011 at 10:43 AM

thats the strange thing. On another machine where i run Avira Antivir, its beeing caught also. And i downloaded those files more than one time... :(

well i simply hope its fine. I have never had any suspicious stuff coming from DAZ and could trust my A-Vir since years...

jestmart ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2011 at 12:29 PM

There are a number of virus scanners that are reporting the false positives because of the paranoid way they view any program that needs to open disk ports or write files back to the application folder.  I am running MicroSoft Security Essentials and have not had any problems installing or using DAZ Studio.  MSE is free, doesn't hog a lot of resources and the database is updated frequently.  The only down side to it is actually downloading the updates, on dial-up it is nearly impossible.

LBAMagic ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2011 at 2:16 AM · edited Fri, 24 June 2011 at 2:17 AM

I had similar false positive issue a couple of years back between AVG and Apple iTunes. I contacted both and it was AVG that provided an update (same day!) to their antivirus program. I think AVG were smart to act quickly so as not to piss off a very big customer base of Apple iTune users. I have never got virus warnings from AVG on products I download from Daz.

Digital_Mischief ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2011 at 9:48 AM

I also use AVG (both compuers) and have not receive any warning from DAZ products.  I auto scan my macnine about 3 times a week for viruses.  It's seem to be a constant battle between us and 'them' :)  I wonder of the virus creators realize they are actually keeping the virus software companies in business?

Images that run around in my head eventually end up in my gallery.

Dragons like to have fun too!  Dragon Mischief Art

SickenlySweete ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2011 at 3:23 PM

the new internet explorer 9 lists all downloads that are of an exe. nature as a possiable virus also..........lol

i ignore them if from a well known  and used site such as daz3d.

www.bloodyrosesdesigns.com

http://www.aldaraproject.com/aldara/

http://www.dreamslayervisions.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.