Tue, Oct 1, 7:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Problem with the rigid deco. group

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2011 at 8:28 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 2:56 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

I'm making a pair of shorts and put a button on it. I applied the waist as a constrained group, the belt loops as a soft deco group and the button as a rigid deco group but the button is going all wonky. I've check for poke thoughs and that seems ok. Any suggetions? Here is a bofore shot. I'll post an after one.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2011 at 8:31 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

here is a shot of the after. That green line is the button. Any sugesstions?

oh if it matters I use poser 8 sr3

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

ShaaraMuse3D ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2011 at 2:17 AM · edited Fri, 01 July 2011 at 2:18 AM

I have seen that happening during simulation, but usually it clears up once the simulation is done. I had a similar issue, but I was able to fix it with some moving around. Unfortunately I don't know what I did to get there.

Have you experimented with some extremes? Moving the button a bit in to deliberately cause more pokethrough, or pull it out further from the model, just to see what happens during the simulation?

If the whole waistband is constrained, it's sometimes easier to simply make the beltloops and possibly even the button constrained as well.

shuy ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2011 at 3:31 AM

Rigid group should be separated from other groups. It cannot be joined to them.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2011 at 5:59 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

grappo, that is the finished simulation.  I've seen simulations that looked bad before too and when they finished they looked great. Unfortunatly this is not one of those times. I will try moving the button around.

shuy what do you mean?have the rigid group separate?

shuy ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2011 at 7:40 AM

file_470406.jpg

You should not select part of whole mesh. Button and pants should not have common verticles.

On the pict you see 2 meshes. This one on the left is correct - you can select rigid group. On the right you can see mesh, where rigid groups can cause problems.

ShaaraMuse3D ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2011 at 7:52 AM

Oh yeah. Shuy is absolutely correct. Make sure that the button is a separate mesh. It can all be exported as the same obj, but should not have common vertices like he says.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.