Mon, Sep 9, 3:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 12:29 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: I have to say on the new 'site look'

MrsRatbag ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 1:53 PM

When I first saw this change I thought "Oh no, someone has hacked in and infected the site with bugs."  The colours are jarring for an art site, not at all a good  background, and the coding/layout is amateurish and harsh.  Can you tell I hate it?  My time here has already been greatly reduced due to other factors, this might well be the end of it for me. 

Savage_dragon ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 2:11 PM · edited Thu, 07 July 2011 at 2:17 PM

I got the Firefox add on. You can keep the site cheap looking now if you like.
At least I won't be going blind from glaring colors.
Only problem is it seems to really slow down the loading of the pages on my satellite connection. I guess I'll just have to 'get used to' that one.
Yes, I AM grumpy. My eyes are still hurting.

I'm Getting old.
My wings are cold.
I think I'll go sit on the sun.
Savage Dragon
"Chronicles of the Dragon Queen"

Faerydae ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 2:12 PM

Have to agree with everyone else...the colors are horrid, and the layout looks very unprofessional to me, especially compared to the way it was. I'm not that old as others have mentioned lol, but the colors are even hurting my eyes and giving me a headache. There is no getting used to this change for me.

I'll never understand why people/businesses insist on "fixing" something that wasn't broken to begin with.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 4:06 PM

I'm very sorry for the design team who made this happen, but my thoughts on the new layout:

-This blue hurts. Been said, yes, but I want to press on the matter, my eyes are in pain and I've only been here for 15 minutes. I doubt I'd ever be able to spend hours browsing Rosity as I'm used to now.

-This blue actually competes with other colors. Optical illusion: skin tones in the galleries and store look too saturated, for instance. Things just look off. This is an art website, layout NEEDS to be mostly black, white or gray (and I really truly prefer black because it's the color that goes easiest to the eye).

-Menu with the gradient looks too amateur, like it was done on Microsoft Front Page. It doesn't look like a professional site where I'd spend my money at all...

-Our store banners are only waaaay back down now, which gives us less exposure. Not many people will scroll to the very bottom of the page every time.

-Way too many bad-placed gradients with two very saturated tones of blue.

-"Welcome to the Renderosity Forums" in goldish yellow? Yellow stars, yellow icons, yellow text on blue just do not work. But please, those yellow things are great, please please get rid of the blue and give us our black back!

-I feel that search bars look much better aligned to the right, instead of centered as it is. In the same place, I feel that those "Connect" buttons are something a user would use just a few times, so it shouldn't deserve such a grand place at the very top of the pages.

Now I could get a firefox addon to change everything, but most of my customers would still be seing things off-color and cheap-looking, and I really can't afford losing any more sales, seing as I'm already only making a couple of sales a week, sorry to say that.

Sorry if I sound rude, but my eyes really really hurt.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

yoyodyne5 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 4:23 PM

Quote - No there isn't.. Give yourself some time to get used to it:) I absolutely love it the more I see it!!

Who decided on the color change? My eyes hurt. Owww.

What is with this "get used to it," attitude? Renderosity can do no wrong? If enough people complain... Remember when Gap decided to change their logo? What a fiasco that was.

Illusionator ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 4:36 PM

Why the change?

Its awful.

toastie ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 4:40 PM

Ugh! This blue is painful... think I'll only be visiting the site wearing shades from now on. Horrible change.

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 4:43 PM

""Welcome to the Renderosity Forums" in goldish yellow? Yellow stars, yellow icons, yellow text on blue just do not work. But please, those yellow things are great, please please get rid of the blue and give us our black back!"

We will be changing out the goldish yellow to something that goes with the new site colors

Notilize ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 4:44 PM

Quote - > Quote - No there isn't.. Give yourself some time to get used to it:) I absolutely love it the more I see it!!

What is with this "get used to it," attitude? Renderosity can do no wrong? If enough people complain... Remember when Gap decided to change their logo? What a fiasco that was.

I agree with you my friend.

WildDesigns ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 4:51 PM

Stacy, why are the powers that be refusing to address the color issue. These colors are hurtful to my eyes, and I do not have an eye problem. You  . . . WE . . . are going to lose customers b/c it is just too painful to view this site!!

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 4:53 PM

Quote - ""Welcome to the Renderosity Forums" in goldish yellow? Yellow stars, yellow icons, yellow text on blue just do not work. But please, those yellow things are great, please please get rid of the blue and give us our black back!"

We will be changing out the goldish yellow to something that goes with the new site colors

Radioactive Green with Puce Lepoard spots on a neon pink bar......

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 4:57 PM

I'd rather have had orange and purple...lol (ick) ;)

Laurie

Notilize ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 5:06 PM

Quote - Stacy, why are the powers that be refusing to address the color issue. These colors are hurtful to my eyes, and I do not have an eye problem. You  . . . WE . . . are going to lose customers b/c it is just too painful to view this site!!

I do find it funny the color blue is not being address, even though everyone is saying it's cheap looking, awful, and hurts our eyes.

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 5:28 PM

Quote - (or more likely the people who actually like the new site design aren't posting to say that)

Or they are the same ones who post the "Ohhh, pretty" comments on less than mediocre artwork.

Don't really hang out here anymore, so my opinion is worth less than 2 cents, but damn this is ugly. Very amateurish. Will someone who has my email notify me if they ever change this crap? I only ask cause now I won't even pop in once in a blue moon to look at artwork unless it does get changed. Images coming up small enough to fit on one of those old, old monitors with no option to change it...ugly colors that hurt the eyes when trying to read threads...yep...amateurs. Be nice if for once Rendo listened to the ones who pay the bills instead of doing as they please, but I know that won't ever happen.

nruddock ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 5:38 PM

Quote - I do find it funny the color blue is not being address, even though everyone is saying it's cheap looking, awful, and hurts our eyes.

See -> The CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) Workroom

PL-Finland ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 5:38 PM

What a mess, This looks terrible.

Only positive thing I can say is "a blind person would love too see it"

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 6:05 PM · edited Thu, 07 July 2011 at 6:10 PM

Quote - ""Welcome to the Renderosity Forums" in goldish yellow? Yellow stars, yellow icons, yellow text on blue just do not work. But please, those yellow things are great, please please get rid of the blue and give us our black back!"

But please, those yellow things are great, please please get rid of the blue and give us our black back!

But please, those yellow things are great, please please get rid of the blue and give us our black back!

PLEASE. I can't stress this enough. The blue NEEDS to go. The black was great.

The whole thing looks like something I'd do for a fan game site when I was 14. And that was some 12 years ago, when monitors wouldn't go high resolutions, there were 256 colors we could use safely to create websites (all horribly saturated), and on top of it all I was a teen and an amateur.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

jeditojan ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 6:08 PM

I think the blue is over powering the pictures not to mention my eyes! I liked the previous color and layout.

rebelmommy ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 6:30 PM

Just in case you missed it Rendo.. the majority of your forum members, customers and everyone else.. HATES THE BLUE!!!!  Seriously I hate to nag about it but it is extremly harsh on the eyes.  When you have numerous members complaining of the headaches it gives them you need to take notice.

I like blue.. hell I even like this electric shade of blue and all the other blue tones you have going on.. I like it on cars, on paper, in clothes and shoes, even in art and pictures.. HOWEVER I really hate it here.  Not because I don't like the colors (as I said I do) BUT THEY HURT MY EYES!!  I can read literally maybe 2 or 3 posts and then I have to close Renderosity because I start to feel nauseous and get one of the most obnoxious headaches.  I hate thinking that I will be coming here less, I don't post much in these forums but I do browse them many times a day.  I hate even more to think that customers (and potential customers) will avoid this site because it actually causes them pain.

I have very light colored eyes, and have a high sensitivity to light, I wear sunglasses on overcast days simply because the sky is still to bright most of the time, so this site is very hard for me to spend more then 5 minutes on at most.  PLEASE PLEASE listen to us and change the colors.  At this point I would settle for a muted purple with orange stripes and green polka dots.. anything but this blue!

Renderosity's "problem Child"
Support Hydrocephalus research.. because a Shunt is NOT a cure!

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 6:38 PM

file_470638.JPG

For Firefox users:

Between the new CSS in the CSS forum and Color That Site! addon for Firefox, you can get this...

Laurie

rebelmommy ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 6:46 PM

Ohhh Thank you Laurie!  I will definately be changing mine now.  I think though the point should be made that Renderosity's members and visitors should not be expected to "find a fix" themselves.  The very fact that a fix is needed speaks volumes.. I would add what I think it speaks about but my mom always told me if I didn't have anything nice to say to keep my mouth shut.. soo

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 6:51 PM

Let me just be honest with you all and hopefully you will respect that I am being straight with you

We understand as with any change that some people love it instantly, some people it takes a minute and some people never warm to it. While we hear what some of you are saying, we want to give it a minute to get feedback from as many members as possible.  It doesn't mean it we won't do some tweaking, it doesn't mean we will. We just don't know yet as we want to let it sit like this for a minute to gather as much information as we can.

We have had positive feeback as well in the FP article, in some other forum posts, sitemail, email, even phone calls so please understand that we just launched the live site today and some people are seeing it for the first time so let's give it some time.

We appreciate and value your feedback and opinions so we want to hear your thoughts but please be patient while we gather information.

Thanks

Stacey

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 6:54 PM

Quote - Ohhh Thank you Laurie!  I will definately be changing mine now.  I think though the point should be made that Renderosity's members and visitors should not be expected to "find a fix" themselves.  The very fact that a fix is needed speaks volumes.. I would add what I think it speaks about but my mom always told me if I didn't have anything nice to say to keep my mouth shut.. soo

LOL...ur welcome rebelmommy. Someone was nice enough to walk me thru the CSS stuff cause I'd never used it and the addon is pretty straight forward. I'm worried that other folks may shy away from the site. The bright blue hurt my eyes really bad ;).

Laurie

WildDesigns ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 6:55 PM

I give up.

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 6:55 PM

Attached Link: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6048/5913834026_98f64c0097_b.jpg

I'll stick to my local over-ride... (a mix of Firefox Plugins and CSS from the CSS forum)

Faerydae ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 7:12 PM

Quote - Ohhh Thank you Laurie!  I will definately be changing mine now.  I think though the point should be made that Renderosity's members and visitors should not be expected to "find a fix" themselves.  The very fact that a fix is needed speaks volumes.. I would add what I think it speaks about but my mom always told me if I didn't have anything nice to say to keep my mouth shut.. soo

Exactly. If I have to come here and and fix everything before it's even remotely usable, I'll just go spend my time and money elsewhere.

I am no coding expert or anything, but I don't see why it would be such a big deal to have a dropdown with multiple color schemes and then everyone would be happy. I can deal with the layout if I have to, but I will not get used to the migraines from the colors, nor do I want to.

rebelmommy ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 7:19 PM

Quote - Let me just be honest with you all and hopefully you will respect that I am being straight with you

We understand as with any change that some people love it instantly, some people it takes a minute and some people never warm to it. While we hear what some of you are saying, we want to give it a minute to get feedback from as many members as possible.  It doesn't mean it we won't do some tweaking, it doesn't mean we will. We just don't know yet as we want to let it sit like this for a minute to gather as much information as we can.

We have had positive feeback as well in the FP article, in some other forum posts, sitemail, email, even phone calls so please understand that we just launched the live site today and some people are seeing it for the first time so let's give it some time.

We appreciate and value your feedback and opinions so we want to hear your thoughts but please be patient while we gather information.

Thanks

Stacey

Stacey, I do appreciate that you are being straight with us.. and I know it is probably a real pain in the rear end to listen to us all whine, I just think our whole point was that (at least in this post anyway) the majority of people are saying that the new site is causing issues for them, and we did not feel that you were even listening.  I am willing to give it chance and wait and see now that you have told us that you have heard us but are waiting for a larger pool of feedback  (and now that I know I can change it via firefox and CSS).

I am glad to know that you have heard us, and I am glad that you have had positive feedback to the new site, I for one love the whole new setup with the exception of the color shades used.   So, as I said, now that I know that Renderosity has heard us and is willing to weigh that, I am willing to wait and see.  I will change my view via the css and firefox and await what the majority says.  I think we all just felt that Rendo was poo-poo-ing (for lack of a better phrase) us with a "you'll get used to it" attitude and my main frustration was with that.  

Thanks for listening (I know you are wishing it was Friday already..LOL) and for at least letting us know that we are being heard!

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 8:10 PM

Thank you Amy, your post and understanding means a lot:)

Savage_dragon ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 8:26 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - No there isn't.. Give yourself some time to get used to it:) I absolutely love it the more I see it!!

What is with this  attitude? Renderosity can do no wrong? If enough people complain... Remember when Gap decided to change their logo? What a fiasco that was.

I agree with you my friend.

"get used to it"...
Feels like I've been insulted.

I'm Getting old.
My wings are cold.
Savage Dragon

wimvdb ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 9:14 PM

Add my vote against the new color scheme.

It is extremely annoying and makes reading the site more difficult.

Changing  the site with a CSS script is not an acceptable solution if a large proportion of users do not want it

I really do not understand why you want to force it onto your members

coldrake ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 9:33 PM

file_470645.jpg

> Quote - I'd rather have had orange and purple...lol (ick) ;) > > Laurie

Here you go Laurie!

Coldrake

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 9:37 PM

Quote - > Quote - I'd rather have had orange and purple...lol (ick) ;)

Laurie

Here you go Laurie!

Coldrake

Um, I take that back...lmao.

Laurie

blinkings ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 9:43 PM

Unicornst said 'Or they are the same ones who post the "Ohhh, pretty" comments on less than mediocre artwork'. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder you know. I missed the thread when you were promoted to judge and jury here.

blinkings ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 9:44 PM

The blue is ok for the front page (if we HAVE to have it), but it is so wrong for the galleries. It clashes with people's work, which is so silly on a site on this. Who on earth decided to do it? Can we still easily see if there is a message in sitemail? Also hyperlinks look almost the same as regular text. The blue is my fave colour actually but please not behind my photos. ;) Tara mentioned that we will get used it. We shouldn't NEED to get used to it.

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 11:05 PM

Quote - Unicornst said 'Or they are the same ones who post the "Ohhh, pretty" comments on less than mediocre artwork'. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder you know. I missed the thread when you were promoted to judge and jury here.

Take a joke.

Should I have put winking faces behind my statement? Sorry...pain in the arse to use emoticons in FF here. Hate all the copying and pasting I would have to do.

Main point is....The new look is not good for me and therefore, I won't even be doing the occasional browsing I used to do. sigh And once upon a time I couldn't let a day go by without coming here. Addiction over.

KageRyu ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2011 at 11:50 PM

I really have to say I don't like it, not one bit. I think the site looks kinda cheap and chinsy now. As FutureFantasyDesign said it does look a lot like a cheap template style website - and a lot of websites seem to be going in this direction (I hate most of them for it).  I thought the old site looked much nicer, cozier, comfier.  The colors especially are quite horrid in the combination they are in, and I much prefer the muted, darker color backgrounds and gradiants of the old site.  Prolonged exposure, contrary to popular belief, will not get me used to it, but instead will likely turn toxic and cause systemic shock.  While I wont go as far as to say I wont shop here, it will reduce the amount of browsing of galleries, products, and content I do here overall.  I am adding my two cents as it was mentioned that the site staff are still gathering feedback from the community and want to wait to see how the site is received, so I do want to make sure I am heard.

As it was mentioned that tweaks are still being done, I hope they will adress some of these issues.  By all means, please, please, please either reset the backdrops and colors to something closer to what they were, or better yet, make the site skinable for users (many websites have done that these days).

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

Savage_dragon ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 12:33 AM

As theKageRyu said about systemic shock, probably not far from the truth & one of the reasons I was so crabby. I have epilepsy & certain color combos, after even a small amount of exposure, can make me ill if not cause a seizure as in flashing lights.
And it literally did make me feel sick. For quite a while.
As you can see, its making many people a bit aggressive.
For me, its not just that I don't like the color combos, it could be detrimental to my health. And I'm wondering at this point what RO feels is more important.
I did change the colors with the Firefox app, however, some people are using the other colors & they load on my screen when they do.

I'm Getting old.
My wings are cold.
Savage Dragon

musicat ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 12:38 AM

thank you laurieA.  this site now works for me. 

auntietk ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 2:31 AM

I'm not sure exactly what's happening on that end, but on my laptop, the color has changed again.  (I'm not at home, so can't check how it looks on my big computer.)  I opened RR yesterday and this morning, and the screaming blue was there.  Closed it, came back in a couple-three hours, and the blue was darker but still not the gray-blue it used to be.  Bill's (bmac62) computer is showing RR in the screaming blue.  I just checked them side-by-side, and the color IS different.  The gray-blue of the comments and forum text boxes is the same, so please don't assume our laptop screens are calibrated differently.  It was the first thing I checked.  It's just weird.  PLEASE don't try to get me the neon blue back!!

As long as you're looking for serious feedback now, I'll give you my serious opinion.

I don't like change for the sake of change, and I don't think there was anything wrong with the site the way it was.  I dislike the new look, format-wise.  I agree with those who have said it looks cheap and amateurish.  THAT, I can probably get used to.  Change is inevitable.  I might whine about it, but it's just a look, and no different from any other art I see here.  Some I like, some I don't. 

The hyperlinks no longer being underlined is like playing one of those Myst-style games where you have to click on everything to see what it does.  Hovering over everything and waiting to see if a little hand shows up is annoying.  I can't really see the subtle difference between white and gray as an indicator of what page I'm on in the galleries without sticking my face up against the monitor, and the only way I know what words on the pages are links is because I've been here long enough to know how to navigate to where I want to go.  If you're not going to underline the links, can we have some other, more obvious clues?  Can I get used to this?  I don't know yet.  Right now I'm hating it, but perhaps my brain will learn to distinguish the subtle differences.  (If I were a new member, or a prospective member though, I don't know how easy it would be to navigate the site!)

The bright blue (and even the darker blue I'm now seeing) are absolutely awful, and I won't get used to them.  This afternoon I went browsing to see if there were other art sites I might be happy with, in case the members don't win this argument and the awful color stays.  Unfortunately, there really aren't.  Renderosity is unique.  I'm not making threats about leaving.  Seriously ... I'm sure RR doesn't need my $5.00 per month in order to stay afloat, and I've seen oodles of people leave because they're ticked about some change you've made, and all they get is gone.  It's stupid.  You'll all go one with or without me.  I'm just letting you know how strongly I feel about the color ... I was looking for alternatives, and if I had found a good one, I would have been checking it out more carefully instead of adding to this thread.

Stacey, I'm sure you know me well enough to understand the spirit of my previous comment ... I'll assume Andrew was the only one who didn't get it.  I know you really do have our best interests at heart, and you want to make this the best site it can be.  Knowing you're at least seriously considering our nearly (so far) unanimous complaint makes me feel better about the whole thing.

If this weren't an art site, I wouldn't care what the background color was, but everyone here is an artist at one level or another, and most of us are very attuned to the effects of color.  The blue-gray we had before (and that still shows up in a lot of places) wasn't my favorite when you changed over to THAT scheme, but at least it's a subdued color.  If you must have a color, could it just have a lot of dark gray in it please?  Don't make our art fight the background color.  The color I'm seeing now makes anything I've posted that contains a lot of green look absolutely billious.  I like green a lot, and would like to be able to continue to use it in my art!

So: 

New look ... I'll adjust. 

Hyperlinks ... jury is still out. 

Brilliant blue background ... No, no, and no.

Thanks for listening. 

(Oh yeah ... and the double spacing when I hit the Enter key is still driving me bonkers!)

"If your pictures aren't good enough, you're not close enough."  ...  Robert Capa

IO4 ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 2:45 AM

O

On a positive note (after all the complaints about the blue, yes, I complained too...) I have just visited the market place and it seems to me to be much better. I never used to like browsing there before, but things seem to me to be easier to find, and the layout and look just seems a whole lot better.

I notice our artists pages have reverted back to how they used to be before the recent change where you could customize sections. Are they going to stay the way they are now?

Beginners tutorials for Bryce

Bryce Arena

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 3:03 AM

OK I came back and nothing is changed. RO has made some gaffs in the past, but this is a really bad one! Why would you want to look like this? Seriously??? Are you truly thinking this is good???
I know it doesn't matter to you what we think, and I wonder why you asked about bugs when you should have asked the phenominal artists here for ideas! Sveva comes to mind as a great person to ask about this, her site is beautiful. Actually anything would improve on this!

Lastly, why is no one from ro responding to these comments and legitimate (*hurting eyes) issues!? At least revert back to the old colors until you can decide on a better looking, more esthetic site! Seems in the past you asked and had contests on doing new site looks.

Again, being a diabetic, who has vision issues, I have to complain that I cannot see past the color that is very distracting, painful and nauseating all at the same time. PLEASE help me and those of us that are being penalized by your choices!

Oh, a response would be nice too.

sincerely,
Ariana

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

Hubert ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 3:29 AM

Hi,

I appreciate changes and the efforts for a new style, but really dislike this new blue color scheme!! Besides: No, I will NOT get used to this new coloring..... :(

@ R'osity:

• Please consider a User Option, to change the site coloring or provide an additional option so one could revert to the OLD style. (Which was very convenient for the eyes, w/o offensive blues, w/o distracting gradients, with its much better contrast for legibility esp in forums...).
  • Please provide an option, to view Gallery Images immediately at FULL SIZE, as was before. 

Thanks for consideration.

Hubert

"All that we see or fear, is but a Sphere inside a Sphere."     (E. A. Pryce -- Tuesday afternoon, 1845)

WildDesigns ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 6:16 AM

Well, looking a bit better this morning. I see the colors have been toned down. I had to get out of Firefox and get into IE to see if anything had been done, and there has been a slight change for the better. Thanks for listening to us. Now, go a step further and tone it down just a bit more and make the font in these text boxes bigger and I'll be a happy camper. :)

doarte ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 6:57 AM

Are the banners that used to exist on the top been eliminated?  The single one at the bottom makes one scroll to the bottom to see it, and it seems far from on the information on the page.  Any change of restoring the ones that appeared at the top?

mamba-negra ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 8:18 AM

I think the problem here is that any colors the site uses will likely have a negative effect on some images in the gallery....renderosity can't control which colors you use, so there will always be some colors that simply don't jar well with the color of choice. On top of that, there are the usual preferences of colors (some folks don't like certain colors)

If it were my site, I would never allow a gallery that I didn't strictly control contents of to have any color: either black, white or somewhere inbetween. Otherwise, you'll get garish clashes with some images-and since this is an artist oriented site...that is pretty bad. I think it's clear that those making the big decisions are not designers and probably never even thought of thumbnails and pictures fitting in with the rest of the site...yet, this site's whole purpose is visual in nature...

As for my opinion on the rest of the site, it looks OK. It's more modern than the previous style, and reminds me of most of the new CSS based sites-which means they are definitely moving in the right direction. I think they are doing the right thing in general, and look forward to seeing how things look in the near future.

KageRyu ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 9:15 AM

Ok, I see that the colors are a little darker, still brighter than I'd like, but at least Renderosity staff are taking some notes and making changes - so there may be hope yet that the colors at least will get more liveable.

Many are not seeing the colors have changed though, I think those of you who frequent the site often may need to do a forced page refresh to get the new colors loaded (or clear your internet cache possibly).  That may prevent any small changes in colors and gradients from showing, especially if the pick used is named the same as the old one, then most often it will simply use the one already in the cache.

I still say the old look was far better, especially the colors.  It's mainly the blue - there's just too much of it, and even though it's darker than it was yesterday it's still far brighter than the older site and far brighter than is comfortable for my eyes.

Though, I will add just for reference, I am one of those people that generally hates change, especially if it is change just for change's sake.  If something is broken, or something new needs to be added, ok, that's one thing, but even then I prefer when things stay as close to what they are as possible. Given that, My views will be very biased.  It seems everyone is changing their websites now, and most are not doing it for the better coughDaz3Dcough*. *I just feel if it's not broken don't break it.

The New HD Toaster from Wamco toasts bread more evenly and acurately than Standard Toasters. Take advantage of the FULL resolution of your bread and try one today, because if your toast isn't in High Definition, you are not getting the most of your toast!

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 9:33 AM · edited Fri, 08 July 2011 at 9:35 AM

Ok, I opened another browser to see the changes made to the site and I'll stick with my altered one. Meh. Too much color and it clashes with the art, the thumbs....everything. One topic that keeps coming up and that I agree with is that this is an art site. The colors should be neurtral as you can get them so they don't compete with everything else. That color ain't doing it ;). For as much as ppl seem to hate the new Daz site, their colors are still neutral so it doesn't fight with their product thumbs and images. You're a money making site: the last thing you want is for the products to get lost in the background. Rethink the whole color scheme. Seriously.

Laurie

Faerydae ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 9:45 AM

I don't know if it's something on my end or not, but since the change every page on R'osity is loading very slowly, especially the marketplace. It's not happening on any other site. Anyone else having this problem?

SeanE ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 9:50 AM · edited Fri, 08 July 2011 at 9:54 AM

** BLUE!!!!!!!**

How can anyone possibly think a bright blue like this is a good thing for an art website???

It violently clashes with the actual pictures as can be seen below -->

The thumbnails need to be set against a nice neutral colour such as black so you're not distracted by all that BLUE!!!!!

At least the actual gallry image has a black background, but now that stands out like a sore thumb against the BLUE!!!!!!!! of the surrounds -->

But dear Lord, it's BLUE!!!!!!

Who on Earth thought thsi was a good idea???..?

Black was so much better. Cgtalk uses black, ItsArt uses black - why? Because it's the most effective background that's why. We look at the picture NOT the BLUE!!!!! of the website.

OK, so the argument is "Oh but it makes Rendersoity stand out so much more effectively than those other sites"... Well since WHEN has Marketing ever had a better clue as to what works or not artistically than the art dept. itself, in any company on the face of the planet? Gawd... I feel like we've entered the Dilbert zone with this BLUE!!!!!. Who did the website coding - the Elbonians?

Please please change it back to a darker colour or the dark grey/black of before

This is more than a simple change of header/title - which everyone hates anyway but we get used to - this is far more serious.

Sean

KageRyu ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2011 at 10:44 AM

Maybe, and this is just speculation, they chose blue because they became aware of how much notice was taken of and how popular the Navi were, and they were blue after all - or maybe it's a cross-marketing promotion for the new smurfs movie?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.