Fri, Aug 2, 11:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 7:00 pm)

Subject: Poser(7) to DAZ material pose conundrum

igohigh ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2011 at 11:23 PM · edited Thu, 11 July 2024 at 1:05 PM

Q: Can Poser(7) mat files (mt5) be converted to PZ2 for use in DAZ? Can the extention be simply renamed? Is there a converter utility for this?

Senario: I gave a freebie set (all PP2 files with no obj call) I built years ago for Poser to someone who uses DAZ Studio, (settle down in the back, I built the set, I created all the textures, it has been posted here and at several other sites for free for years). Now that we have worked out a few kinks they would like to have "PZ2 files"; I assume for material loading as the props have no 'poses' to be posed.

The issue I am running into is that each PP2 file is actually a combination of props intended to be expandable (a fence section with removable posts at each end - load multiple times and remove the extra 'posts' and you have a fence as long as you need. Others are more complicated consisting of up to 8 or more individual parts.)

When I tried using MAT Pose Edit, it only recognizes 'part' of the compound PP2 of props.

So, if I can convert MT5 Poser material files then I can quickly create and convert those for each piece....but to break up each set into separate items and save them all to the runtime to run through MAT Pose Edit will take much longer.

Any suggestions? Has anyone ran into this?

mishamcm ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2011 at 11:37 PM

Change the extension to .pz2 and change the line

mtlCollection

to

actor $CURRENT

igohigh ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2011 at 1:16 PM

Thanks mishamcm, I will give it a go. Odd, as I look through existing files some already say 'actor $CURRNET' while others say 'mtlCollection' - at first it looked like the mt5 files where already 'actor $CURRNET' and the mt6 files where all saying 'mtlCollection' then I found that was not consistant....either case I will follow your description!

laztspark ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 7:38 AM

file_471030.jpg

This is interesting as I use Poser 7 and am starting to use DS4 so I may wish to use some of my stuff in DS. This is a DS4 render using Poser files. Old ones.

igohigh ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2011 at 11:40 PM

I do not have D|S myself but the one I sent the files to said it worked great!

Thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.