Fri, Aug 2, 9:54 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 31 8:13 pm)

Subject: Content Paradise P5 through P7

igohigh ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 5:12 PM · edited Fri, 12 July 2024 at 8:09 PM

Does anyone remember the steps for removing Content Paradise from Poser 5 through 7?

I just reinstalled on a new machine and can not find my notes and Netherworks' link is no longer any good.

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 5:40 PM

I believe it is to remove the section from Poser UI prefs_1024x768.xml  or whichever screen size you use from C:Documents and SettingsOwnerApplication DataPoser 7

This bit.

<WidgetPrefs widget="contentRoomTab"  left="300"  top="10"  bottom="24"  right="385"  collapsed="2"  rect.left="812"  rect.top="10"  rect.right="897"  rect.bottom="24" />

I would make a copy of the file before you try the deletion so you can restore it if something bad happens.

igohigh ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 6:18 PM

Thanks, I will give it a try right after dinner and let ye know

SteveJax ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 6:51 PM

Long Time No See Igohigh! Where's the Pirate Monkey been hiding himself?

igohigh ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2011 at 10:20 PM

markschum; Aye, that worked fine. However there is one other part further down, that must be deleted between the < widgit > and < / widgit > tags, otherwise ye get an error message when loading Poser.

Thanks!

SteveJax; 'hiding'? I never hide, I just come and go so fas ye never see me.

markschum ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 12:02 PM

good , I knew it was something like that ;)

ratscloset ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 12:33 PM
Online Now!

With the last updates for Poser 5 and in all versions of Poser 6 and Poser 7, as well as Poser Pro... There is no impact on performance for leaving the Content Tab as is, unless you actually go to the Content Tab. All it does is link to your Browser when you click on it.

ratscloset
aka John

igohigh ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2011 at 10:47 PM

Sorry to disagree with ye ratscloset - I just had a MAJOR imporvement.

The load on the CPU as it loaded the content in the background was VERY noticable over my DSL and it made the start up hang aprox three times the normal time, it also caused small glitches while navigating around.

When I clicked on the tab the content was Already loaded.

After removing it, Poser 7 popped right open (after loading the splash screen and taking inventory and such) - at least three times faster. Once opened there are no more 'background glitches' as I navigate around the libraries and working space.

Perhaps You have no noticable change on your system, but not everyone is on Your system.

ratscloset ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2011 at 9:46 PM
Online Now!

If the software was the cause, it would affect every install of Poser 7.

ratscloset
aka John

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 2:12 PM

I run Poser 7 sr2 , for me sr3 was a nightmare.

I just did the changes to remove the content tab and Poser certainly seems to be loading faster.

igohigh ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2011 at 6:29 PM

Aye, that it does markschum, that it does indeed!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.