Sun, Oct 6, 8:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Got an idea stuck in my head....

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2012 at 1:02 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 8:19 AM

file_477734.jpg

.... so I thought I'd 'flesh' it out.

Not too bad for a couple hours work. I don't know if I want to keep going on it, but I wondered how Antonia would look as Catwoman. I made the hair prop and the mask, but no suit yet. And it all needs work,

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2012 at 8:52 AM

The mask looks too much like a Teddy Bear.

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2012 at 9:08 AM

Pointy ears, and maybe angle the eye openings upward. Good start. Something to look forward to. Thanks for sharing.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2012 at 3:45 PM

Quote - The mask looks too much like a Teddy Bear.

Yeah, I am going to go back in Wings and fix that. I was just in a hurry to see what she was going to look like. Heck, I may not even finish it.

Probably will though....

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2012 at 3:51 PM · edited Tue, 24 January 2012 at 3:56 PM

file_477757.jpg

> Quote - Pointy ears, and maybe angle the eye openings upward. Good start. Something to look forward to. Thanks for sharing.

I am still trying to decide on which different version of her I want to emulate. I may ditch this mask all together if I decide to finish the costume. There are lots of versions to pick. The two I know I don't want are the current version of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman, or the Halle Berry version. Both don't seem to embody the character. Of course I will have to see the new Batman to know for certain.

The Julie Newmar or Eartha Kitt version seems close, but it's really got that 60's vibe going on. The new Batman Arkham Asylum version is cool, but the Arkham City version has the goggles that are either infared or night vision. I am not a gamer, so I don't know for certain.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2012 at 8:27 PM · edited Tue, 24 January 2012 at 8:30 PM

file_477780.jpg

Update: fixed the mask and the hair. I am now contemplating goggles... and I may get the mask closer to the pic of the Arkham City Catwoman in the pic above. I am thinking I don't want to copy this one too exact due to copyright violations, so I may leave it and just add the goggles.

Thoughts?

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 1:07 AM

file_477784.jpg

Update: goggles added, hair redone. Seems to be a problem with the hair, in that I can't find the collision detection for Antonia, so her hair fell across her ears weird, and looks thin just under the mask. I will figure it out, but in the meantime, I am going to start work on the rest of the costume. Going for something similar to the above Arkham City look.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 10:55 AM

It looks good so far.  I think the ears are still too roundish for a cat, should be pointier.  Googles look great.  The right shaders for the lense will definitely improve it.

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 25 January 2012 at 4:40 PM

I will give the ears another go later. The texture on the lenses is just a temporary thing. I UV mapped the whole mask and will do a formal texture on it later. I threw a blue hue into the specular node which I will remove for that.

What do you recommend as a good shader for the lenses?

Eric Walters ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2012 at 11:52 PM

Nice going Rokket!

Following contains humor-playing on the title of your post0 in NO way being critical of your idea- and in fact Sams3d should be saying this: :" Oooh, I've got a piece of brain lodged in my head" RP Gumby, Monty Python. End attempted humor.

Keep at it. How long have you been modeling? I saw the head you are working on. Most impressive!

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2012 at 6:57 PM

Quote - Nice going Rokket!

Following contains humor-playing on the title of your post0 in NO way being critical of your idea- and in fact Sams3d should be saying this: :" Oooh, I've got a piece of brain lodged in my head" RP Gumby, Monty Python. End attempted humor.

Keep at it. How long have you been modeling? I saw the head you are working on. Most impressive!

Hi, thanks! If I told you I have been doing this for less than 3 months, would you believe me? I just seem to have taken to it. I don't feel I am all that good, and there are content providers and modellers on here who blow my doors off, but I am enjoying it to the fullest. I have a huge undertaking, in that I want to get good enough in all aspects of 3D CG so that I can do it all efficiently. I started off trying to learn one aspect at a time, but it seems I can't learn that way. I have a loose wire in my head that won't let me do one thing at a time. So I tackle it all in small chunks.

And your attempt at humor was not lost on me. I love Monty Python... :biggrin:

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2012 at 7:08 PM

Keep at it and you will get to the point where others will say the same about you that you are saying about the content providers.

Glad you got the Python reference. :-)

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2012 at 10:05 PM

I hope so. Now I have a swelled head.... lol!

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 2:03 PM

file_478000.jpg

I fell back to my old standby, Sydney. I am used to her mesh and what-not, and it was easy for me to create this. I may do a full blown scene with it, and post it in the gallery. Obviously, I created the whole thing from her mesh, except for the boots. They were in the freebies section, and I would have to go back and find them again, because for the life of me, I can't remember who they belong to. Also, the background was done a long time ago, so as far as that goes, the lighting and shadows don't match between the character and background, but that wasn't what I was going for this time around.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.