Tue, Sep 24, 6:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 5:52 pm)

Subject: Injection morph files….

FWArt ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 9:47 AM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 1:40 PM

Hi, I got a question and I don’t know if this is the right place, but I hope it is.

I have created a few custom morphs for V4 including textures I created myself, and I can use them in poser myself, but I wanted to share them with some friends, after all they are all created by myself from scratch and they wanted them also. Now I my issue is that I don’t know how to create the injection/remove files for the actual morphs and the textures. I was told that Injection Magic works, but I looked at it and it seems to be only for the third generation of the DAZ figures, but I want to work with the forth one. So does anyone know of a software that helps me take the morph and texture I have in my own poser program to create a runtime file thing so I can share it with friends and maybe even people here who like to give my morph and texture a try. Sorry if my wordings are not all totally spot on, never done any “character development”  but a couple of them came out so well I just wanted to share them. By the way I am using Poser 8 if that makes any difference. And I tried to look through help-notes and went online, but I just can’t deceiver it all, too much jargon for me, I am an artist and not the best computer person ever…. Anyway, if anyone knows how I can create those runtime things from my morphs and textures without me ending up pulling all my hair out, that would be awesome. Oh and one last thing, I have a few different make ups that I created for the texture, so any help on how to save different options for the texture would also be appreciated. Sorry I know I am asking for a lot here, just don’t seem to get my head round it all.

Thanks for your help

Fred

jonnybode ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 10:11 AM · edited Thu, 26 January 2012 at 10:12 AM

For the morphs look for svdl´s spawncharacter script, should be available here in the frestuff section.

for the textures just step into the materialroom and create a materialcollection

FWArt ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 10:23 AM

Thanks for that, thats great... will have a look and see if I can find it :)

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 10:27 AM

Injection Magic will work with the DAZ Generation 4 models, however it is a rather cumbersome program to get good results the first time.  But it does work. 

There are other programs, some free, that will spawn those morphs for you and create the INJ/REM files.  For textures, you would be better off creating MC6 files in the material room for distribution.  The MATPose files are hacks which were invented versions ago; they are slowly being replaced by material room files as it should be.

FWArt ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 10:35 AM

Thanks for that, loads to look into.... never even heard MC6... gosh it's all a lot more complicated than I thought, but I like a challenge. So when I create a texture for the skin and some make up options in the material room, then I can have them with a picture shown for the runtime so that when my friends then try to add it to the morphed figure it would load the same way as it would be if they bought a character set with textures? Sorry I must sound like an idiot, just want to get it right and don't really understand all the jargon you get in the help files in poser8

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 10:49 AM

The image icons will need to be recreated because when you save, the only image which appears is the unrendered scene.  But that can be corrected by posing your character with the texture and render with a pixel resolution of 91x91 to start with.  Sizes can vary but you don't want to render too large, it will take up too much room in the library (but that is adjustable in P8).  Export the image as a png and replace the unrendered scene with the new rendered image.

FWArt ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 11:39 AM

Thanks for that, will have a play around with it. all very exciting. I don't know how quickly I'll be able to do it. but if someone wants to have a copy to play with, let me know. :)

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 11:45 AM

If the figure is a Daz character with empty PBM-CC channels you can load your morphs, save a new figure and then edit the cr2 (figure) to make an inj pose file. The rem pose is easy.  There should be a tutorial around with the details.

FWArt ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 2:03 PM

thanks for that, will keep looking into it and finding the right tutorials. it sounds all so dounting at first, and I am sure it definitly isn't easy, but then I guess once you've done it ones you know how to do it for the future. thanks again for your help to everyone. :)

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 8:51 PM

Like jonnybode, I would also recommend using svdl´s "SpawnCharacterP6 update" script to maqke the INJ and REM files.

FWArt ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 8:56 PM

thanks, downloaded it and will give it all a proper trial, still trying to get my head round the whole MC6 vs PZ2 stuff,... still don't think I am getting it all right, but have confidence that it will work in the end.

lesbentley ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 9:12 PM

[quit]never even heard MC6[/quit]

MC6 is the file extension given to "Material Collections". In the Material Room, when you save a file to the Materials library palette, you have the choice to save it as a Single Material (.mt5), or a Material Collection (.mc6). When you distribute the mc6, you also need to distribute any image files (maps) used by the mc6, eg any texture maps or transparency maps that that were applied to the figure when you saved the Material Collection.

FWArt ( ) posted Thu, 26 January 2012 at 9:16 PM

thanks for that... that helped a lot. thanks to everyone who helped so far.

FWArt ( ) posted Sat, 28 January 2012 at 9:26 PM

Help... I am lost.... ok, I created the morphs and found a way to do the INJ/REM.... ok, now a big issue I have is that for some of it ended up using some of the V4 face morph Kits 1-3 (here is the link to one of them http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/v4-face-morph-kit-3/87957)... . As i wanted slightly better features etc... now, the thing is, when i do the whole creating the INJ/REM the body is ok, but the face morphs just dont work unless I have the other face morphs injected, which wouldnt help at all as I couldnt make my friends get them all just to have my character etc. I tried to do the thing with the Spawn Morph thing and it creates the dial, but when I save it as a PZ2 file and create the INJ/REM file it shows in the Head part "(name of morph) not in deltas dictionary" I really don't know what I am doing wrong it is so frustating. Does someone know what I am doing wrong? I can send you the moph things I have so far, but probably wouldn't help as only the body changes when I INJ/REM the files.... really lost, anyone got any idea what I am doing wrong, been trying for hours and still can't figure it out.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 8:00 PM

Providing that you have the right to distribute the "V4 face morph Kits 1-3" morphs, and I'm not clear on this from the blurb, but it looks like you may be able to. Then using "SpawnCharacterP6 update" should produce a viable INJ file with no further action needed on your part.

But please note that the INJ files produced by "SpawnCharacterP6 update" contain deltas, so you should make sure that the morphs are either entirely your own work, or that you have permission to distribute any third party morphs used in their creation.

FWArt ( ) posted Sun, 29 January 2012 at 8:15 PM

Thanks for that, will give that a try, and yes those can be used, they are merchant ones, I thought just in case I wanted them to be used at a later date, looked into it properly. will give that a try.... fingers crossed. thanks for your help. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.