Thu, Sep 19, 12:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:30 am)

Subject: Just So I Got Ths Right...

shorterbus ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 9:00 AM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 8:41 AM

As I understand it, I can mosey over to Phil's site and purchase the V4 plug-in for the Wardrobe Wizard that came with my Poser 2012 and that will convert the clothing I have to fit my weight mapped (bless you guys!) V4. Right?

What about conforming hair?  

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 9:11 AM
Online Now!

Right.  There are mixed reports about how conforming is responding to the weightmapping as mentioned in another post.  It will either work without any problems or suffer the same faith as non weightmapped clothing.  Copying joint parameters directly seems to correct this quite easily.  As for clothing, running them through cages script will introduce all matching weightmapping for WM-V4.  And you have it already with your WM-V4 package.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 9:13 AM

Yes ... and no.

Although Wardrobe Wizard in Poser Pro 2012 can do this provided that you have the V4 support files you can actually perform this task using Poser's Figure menu. With the clothing selected in the scene go to Figure > Copy Joint zones from...

If you need the extra body handles found in V4WM then import the clothing OBJ file and apply the V4WM rigging in the set up room.

Wardrobe Wizard will do a cleaner job of it without you having to go to too much trouble but it is not essential. 

shorterbus ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 9:27 AM

7 bucks, spread over the course of a long, long lifetime, that's worth it.

shorterbus ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 9:40 AM

Uhh... $8.75. Still more than fair.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 10:09 AM

Please see this page regarding the new weight mapped version of V4.
http://www.philc.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3740

lkendall ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 11:50 AM

And, we at PoserPlace thank PhilC for his prompt and professional support of V4~WM. We believe that V4~WM is an excellant reason to buy Poser, and to buy V4 support for WW2. After all, with the right support files, V4.2 and V4~WM can have an extensive wardrobe just for the effort of converting the clothes.

PhilC gives great support for his many useful products in his own forums, but generously continues to support his products here at Renderosity, and contributes his advice and knowledge in the forums here and at RDNA. We are honored that he has visited PoserPlace.

Many of the tasks people wished they had a script to do have already been provided with PhilC's utilities, which are updated for P9/PP2012. A visit to his site is well worth the time.

lmk

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 03 February 2012 at 5:13 PM · edited Fri, 03 February 2012 at 5:14 PM

Quote - Yes ... and no.

Although Wardrobe Wizard in Poser Pro 2012 can do this provided that you have the V4 support files you can actually perform this task using Poser's Figure menu. With the clothing selected in the scene go to Figure > Copy Joint zones from...

If you need the extra body handles found in V4WM then import the clothing OBJ file and apply the V4WM rigging in the set up room.

Wardrobe Wizard will do a cleaner job of it without you having to go to too much trouble but it is not essential. 

In order for this (underlined bit) to work correctly, be sure to have SR1 installed. Copy Joint Zones from... was borked in the initial release.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.