Fri, Oct 4, 12:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Nice "feature" in PP 2012

Jules53757 ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2012 at 7:22 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:20 AM

Accidently I found a new "feature" in PP 2012.

If you have a morphinjection outside of the pose file you have to use the readSript command. E. G. You have a pose named InjMySuperbody.pz2 and the Deltas are located in :Runtime:Libraries:Superbody you have to insert in the Pz2 file a command like:

readScript ":Runtime:Libraries:Superbody:InjMySuperbody.pz2

With Poser 5, 6, 7 and 8 no problem. It worked well but with PP 2012, and I expect also with Poser 9, nothing happens.

It took me a while until I found out, that PP 2012 doesn't like the same filenames, even when they are located in different pathes.

After renaming the file to 01InjMySuperbody.pz2 everything worked fine.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

wimvdb ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2012 at 7:55 AM

Are you sure it did work in the previous Poser versions?

It looks like the same restriction Poser has had all its life in not allowing obj and texture files with the same name to occur in a single session

But maybe this is a different issue

Jules53757 ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2012 at 8:05 AM

This is what me nearly made crazy, it worked and I tested it it still works at least in Poser 8. It is an old file that has a version number 3 but I believe I have it since Poser 6 as the files are from 2009.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

wimvdb ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2012 at 8:23 AM

In that case it looks like a new bug introduced in P9

Report it to Smith Micro so they can have a look at it and maybe fix it

I understand your frustration - I have had similar experiences in the past with similar issues - such as Poser loading the wrong object because the path references were incomplete.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2012 at 8:32 AM

Well, incorrect pathes should not work but I experienced a similar thing when I got Poser 6. Before a not existing hidden statement was interpreted as "not hidden". With Poser 6 the game changed and a not existing hidden statement was interpreted as hidden 1.

I don't think it is a bug, I believe they have now stricter rules for the interpretation of commands and rules implemented.

Ulli

millighost ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2012 at 11:36 AM

Do you use "None" for the file search option in the preferences? It should not load the file in the wrong path unless you set the search option to anything else than "None".

lesbentley ( ) posted Fri, 10 February 2012 at 6:46 AM

Thanks for the info Jules! 👍

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.