Tue, Sep 24, 6:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 5:52 pm)

Subject: blacksmith3d question for poser character textures

FWArt ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2012 at 11:14 AM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 10:59 PM

Hi all,

I dont know if this is the right place for this but I hope somoene can help. I am developing some characters myself and sometimes like to have a better skin texture, correct some seams issues etc and always find trying to do it in PS isnt that great. Someone recommended blacksmith3d Paint for this, but I just wondered if someone used it here and what you thought before I spend $300 on something I haven't used before. Also if you used it, it the saving of the textures and maps fairly straight forward to then intigrate into poser for the actual character build (for shading etc...).

Any thoughts or help on that would be very much apprechiated.

Many thanks.

Fred

P.S. and sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

willyb53 ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2012 at 11:24 AM

I would recommend that you download the demo version of Blacksmith3d Paint.  I use it for placeing of tattoos accross seams etc.  The demo version is fairly low res, but it will give you a feel for the program so you can decide if the workflow is what you need.

Saving textures is simple.

Bill

People that know everything by definition can not learn anything

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2012 at 11:27 AM

You might also consider 3d coat as well for painting textures.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

FWArt ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2012 at 11:36 AM

Thanks for the comments, will give the demo a try and see how I feel, thanks also for saying about the saving, that helped a lot. WIll also look at  3d coat , thanks for mentioning it, will check it out now. THanks again, Fred :)

icandy265 ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2012 at 12:27 PM

You can either use that, Zbrush works also but is a little more complicated. Blacksmith's was fairly easy for me to learn.

Another thing that works if you are just adding details, tattoo's, etc is Texture Paint Helper

But overall the best is Blacksmith's in my opinion.

FWArt ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2012 at 12:40 PM

Thanks icandy, I saw that one before, Texture Paint Helper, and I liked it, but the thing that really put Blacksmith now in front is that you can subscribe to it now monthly, so no upfront big cost, so if after a while I dont like it I dont have a software I dont use, and if I love it, I get the license and drop the subscribtion.

So thanks to everyone for your imput. :)

Fred :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.