Thu, Sep 19, 9:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: Looks like DAZ Shut the Forum Down Early...

Faerydae ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 12:00 PM

Quote - > Quote - Well at least it's a close-up. I like to see all of the little details before spending $.

Yep.  The eye textures look a bit odd, though.  Something wrong with the specularity, or they have those fake reflection maps on there.

Still, it's one hell of a morph for the Genesis figure. 

That must be it! I knew something didn't look right! :laugh:

fivecat ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 12:05 PM

I'm still waiting to check out the $1 Aiden texture.  The new store sucks.

fivecat ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 12:08 PM

And now we are taxed in Cali. Just wonderful. Now I know I will no longer be a PC member.

SnowSultan ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 12:23 PM · edited Sat, 19 May 2012 at 12:24 PM

Might I suggest everyone wait until the store and site are finished before shopping or ranting about it endlessly like a certain troll?

True, DAZ said it would be finished before now, and I want it to be fixed as much as the rest of you. But never mind what the newsletters or any of last week's annoucements said, it's obviously not finished.

Why not do something else until it is finished? Try what I'm doing: check in every couple hours, see that it's not ready yet, say "aww" to yourself, and move on.

SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

fivecat ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 12:27 PM

Snow, thanks for calling me a troll for voicing my opinions.

SnowSultan ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 12:29 PM

I was not referring to you.

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

fivecat ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 12:31 PM

Oh, nevermind then. ;)

SnowSultan ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 12:36 PM

No problem, sorry it looked that way.  :)   I'd be mad too if I suddenly had to pay taxes on 3D content...California does need the tax revenue badly and it's not any business' fault, but that's never any fun.  :(

EpiEndless ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 12:40 PM

file_481479.jpg

I see I'm not the only one with this problem.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 12:42 PM · edited Sat, 19 May 2012 at 12:43 PM

I hope they put a clause into the contractors contract about time constrains.

If downtime goes longer than X then this will not be payed for by the company.

Normally this puts the contractor on the ball.

They should have started the change over on a Monday, and then they wouldn't have gone into a weekend. 

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 12:47 PM

I think the comments in her have been more restrained than in the actual DAZ Studio thread:-

LINK

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

fonpaolo ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 2:43 PM

At least they can, since they're DS users... :rolleyes: 

:laugh: 

fonpaolo ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 2:47 PM

Oh I forgot to say:

I hope it's the unfinished forum setup, have you noticed that there's no Poser section?

Let's wait and see.

coldrake ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 3:20 PM

file_481481.jpg

**fonpaolo** **wrote;**

Quote - Oh I forgot to say:

I hope it's the unfinished forum setup, have you noticed that there's no Poser section?

Let's wait and see.

Look again.

Coldrake

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 3:21 PM

Quote - Might I suggest everyone wait until the store and site are finished before shopping or ranting about it endlessly like a certain troll?

True, DAZ said it would be finished before now, and I want it to be fixed as much as the rest of you. But never mind what the newsletters or any of last week's annoucements said, it's obviously not finished.

Why not do something else until it is finished? Try what I'm doing: check in every couple hours, see that it's not ready yet, say "aww" to yourself, and move on.

SnowS

How long are we supposed to wait Snowsultan? 

As long as we have been waiting for DS4 shaders to come out of beta?

As long as we have been waiting for Documentation (Cararra, Bryce, DS4)?

As long as we have been waiting for autofit to come out of beta?

DAZ chose to send out their emails.  They chose to elevate everyone's expectations.

Based on past experience, I wouldn't be looking for most of the functionality to come back for months if ever.  DAZ NEVER completes anything - they are constantly moving to the new shiny.

I log in, I move through the website, I am logged out, go to a different page & I am logged back in, move to the third page & I am logged back out again.

I have already received a PM from DAZ telling me it will be WEEKS before we see zips in the store.

I am betting on June before the forums come back.

fonpaolo ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 3:34 PM

Coldrake wrote;

Quote - Look again.

Coldrake

Wow! :scared:

There's someone from DAZ who's reading while I'm typing!

That wasn't there before. 👍 

goldie ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 3:47 PM

Quote - Oh I forgot to say:

Let's wait and see.

as far as i can say, it was always there.  it was up in the second position in the previous forum.  now it's near the bottom.

goldie ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 3:53 PM

what i can't understand is why Daz constantly tries to work on a new site while it's on line.  this is so wrong...use another server to set up the new site and once it's all working either upload to the existing working server or redirect traffic to the new server...who ever is working on the site hasn't a clue, or only a itsy bitsy clue, of what they are doing and what needs to be done.  very amateurish...

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 4:01 PM

what i can't understand is why Daz constantly tries to work on a new site while it's on line.  this is so wrong...use another server to set up the new site and once it's all working either upload to the existing working server or redirect traffic to the new server...who ever is working on the site hasn't a clue, or only a itsy bitsy clue, of what they are doing and what needs to be done.  very amateurish...

DAZ, sign this person up as they make more sense than all your staff put together!!

All the best.

LROG

SnowSultan ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 4:06 PM

"How long are we supposed to wait Snowsultan? "

You and I and everyone else are going to have to wait until it's done, like it or not. There are other places to discuss 3D (here, as people are doing) and other places to shop in the meantime. I agree that DAZ should not have sent out those newsletters that make it sound like their site is ready, but it obviously isn't and we just need to wait it out.

"There's someone from DAZ who's reading while I'm typing!"

Coldrake and I are not officially 'from DAZ', we're just users who occassionally try to reason with people over here.  ;)  I don't know about Coldrake, but I know no more about what is going on at DAZ at the moment than any of you.

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 4:23 PM · edited Sat, 19 May 2012 at 4:23 PM

As has been said the Poser forum has been there since they first put the New forum up on line as read only.

The only difference is that in the New Forum the App specific forums are now displayed alphsbetically.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

goldie ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 4:27 PM · edited Sat, 19 May 2012 at 4:35 PM

Quote - what i can't understand is why Daz constantly tries to work on a new site while it's on line.  this is so wrong...use another server to set up the new site and once it's all working either upload to the existing working server or redirect traffic to the new server...who ever is working on the site hasn't a clue, or only a itsy bitsy clue, of what they are doing and what needs to be done.  very amateurish...

DAZ, sign this person up as they make more sense than all your staff put together!!

All the best.

LROG

well, richard, it is not that i only make sense, it is the way professionals do it.  Daz just can't seem to get someone(s) to work on their site who is/are really up to snuff.  and their attitude the last time folks voiced their displeasure over the bright color scheme was a real put off--basically they told us to shut up and live with it, they weren't going to change it.  talk about hubris.

i, like so many, have been a Daz customer for many years, which equates into mucho bucks...but, no longer.  since genesis, i have dropped the Plat. Club and have made very few purchases.  did buy something the other day, but had to get a refund since it was crapola in Poser 9.  seeing how the new site is going, glad I asked to have my CC credited.  i usually ask for a store credit, but alas, where are our credits, vouchers, gifts even listed now?

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 4:35 PM

This new site has been just around the corner for the last 4 months, so what would a couple of more weeks have caused a problem.

The old site may have been falling apart, got sticky tape holding it together, but......

It worked!!!!!!!

Those that could post could do it, those that wanted to buy things could in safety.

What have they got at the moment, zippo!!!

Once it goes live again, I would love to be in the PA's forum asn see the comments that they make about lost sales etc.

At the moment items are being shown with things that are required that are not required and even duplicates of those items.

How can someone buy things from the store with confidence????

At the moment, I would advise people to hold off buying anything until they sort the store out.

All the best.

LROG

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 4:45 PM · edited Sat, 19 May 2012 at 4:47 PM

Quote - > Quote - Yes Pagan..over a Million USERS. Users are those using their software.. members are another thing, since you can DL and use the software, but not have to register on DAZ3D. In the scheme of things, does this actually matter? If nitpicking every word they say to help get out some sort of self-invented truth makes you feel better, then fine, but at least stop twisting the "truth" to suit you.

And as far as this being some attack on Poser users, no.. I am one. This is a clarification of facts only, as watching someone call DAZ3D a liar every other post is getting old. Especially since in his own post he said users, but then twisted the meaning.

A million users?  Really?  Vendor sales don't seem to support that number.  I have seen way too many posts from vendors that talk of sales in the low hundreds.

We are disucssing DAZ's total number of users.... not what percentage there are of active users.

And just because the average PA's sales are not indicative of that large of a userbase, doesn't mean there AREN'T circumstances where some have way higher sales. Would I say sales in the millions? No. But its neither here nor there.

We are discussing the total number of people here, tho.... not whittling it down to who's actually active, who's actually buying, who hasn't died since downloading, moved on, etc etc. Obviously, there would be no way to know for certain exactly how many are actually USING DAZ by DAZ. There are far too many variables to consider, and far too few ways for DAZ to accurately have access to that info and know

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 4:53 PM

We are disucssing DAZ's total number of users.

No, you are discussing DAZ users, I was talking about registered members. There is a difference.

Anyone can pull a number out of the air for users, there is a record of current registered members.

All the best.

LROG

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 4:57 PM

Quote - We are disucssing DAZ's total number of users.

No, you are discussing DAZ users, I was talking about registered members. There is a difference.

Anyone can pull a number out of the air for users, there is a record of current registered members.

All the best.

LROG

That wasnt a reply to you. That was a reply to sgbryan.

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 4:59 PM

paganeagle2001 Said
"To use Studio you need a valid serial and to get that you need to be registered at DAZ."

Nope, not any longer. THere is a direct download link to DS4 pro, and the serial number is in the readme which is included in the zip file.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Janl ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:01 PM · edited Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:01 PM

Oh please, at least these new forums are not "absolutely coded by Daz programmers" so they have a chance of working given time. Not sure what PHPBB thought of that statement but there you are. Credit is not always given where credit is due and that's life. :scared:

Stuff happens folks. It's not the most professional way to roll out a website that has been in development for several months but I'm sure the forums will be functioning in some usable way next week. The experience may even be better than the old forums. In the meantime I suggest that anyone going through withdrawal symptoms moves over to the DS forum to discuss things there and leave this forum for Poser issues. 😄

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:04 PM

Oh I forgot, you have to donwload it now, instead of buying it in the store and having it in your purchase history.

Before this, you had to be registered.

So, pluck a number out of the air for users, but not for registered members of the DAZ site.

All the best.

LROG

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:04 PM

Quote - Oh please, at least these new forums are not "absolutely coded by Daz programmers" so they have a chance of working given time. Not sure what PHPBB thought of that statement but there you are. Credit is not always given where credit is due and that's life. :scared:

LOL are you still carping on about that? Wow.... ok wait... nm, I take that back.... Im really not surprised.

goldie ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:06 PM · edited Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:08 PM

Quote - Oh please, at least these new forums are not "absolutely coded by Daz programmers" so they have a chance of working given time. Not sure what PHPBB thought of that statement but there you are. Credit is not always given where credit is due and that's life. :scared:

Stuff happens folks. It's not the most professional way to roll out a website that has been in development for several months but I'm sure the forums will be functioning in some usable way next week. The experience may even be better than the old forums. In the meantime I suggest that anyone going through withdrawal symptoms moves over to the DS forum to discuss things there and leave this forum for Poser issues. 😄

stuff always happens at Daz.  and I do believe that if one wants to discuss this situation here we should be able to...after all, according to Daz, Poser users are very important to them....as Poser users, I do believe it is quite appropriate that we post here.  the Daz forum is for DS users...perhaps YOU would be happier in the other forum ?

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:17 PM

Anyone else noticed that the DAZ section here at Rendo has been busier in the last few days than the whole of the last 3 months!!!

Normally it is very quiet in there.

All the best.

LROG

coldrake ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:22 PM

paganeagle2001 wrote;

Quote - Anyone else noticed that the DAZ section here at Rendo has been busier in the last few days than the whole of the last 3 months!!!

Normally it is very quiet in there.

The forums at DAZ aren't working yet.

Coldrake

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:29 PM

WOW!!! Thought the DAZ forum here was bad!!!!

Just checked the Facebook page and well.........

Unhappy bunnies to say the least.

All the best.

LROG

fam0314 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:29 PM · edited Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:34 PM

There's a reason why the fourm is only read only. They are still working out the glitches that the testers are finding. It's not some big conspiracy theory that some lead you to believe.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:30 PM

Yep, I know theyare not working and those uspet people in the Renderosity DAZ Studio forum also know that.

All the best.

LROG

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:33 PM

Quote - WOW!!! Thought the DAZ forum here was bad!!!!

Just checked the Facebook page and well.........

Unhappy bunnies to say the least.

All the best.

LROG

Well, clearly, they've had that software up and running since February.  Just look at some of the posts in the "Read Only" forum dated February.

Most businesses would have tested the hell out of the software BEFORE they went live and sent out several emails touting their "re-birth." 

Typical DAZ though.  They never released a thing that wasn't buggy as hell, undocumented AND useless.

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:34 PM

Quote - Yep, I know theyare not working and those uspet people in the Renderosity DAZ Studio forum also know that.

All the best.

LROG

LMAO ty for that riveting revelation.

Yes, people being upset is obvious.... thats what happens when they can't use a site they love and are much a part of.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:37 PM

From what they are saying, they haven't felt part of it for a while!!!

I can now see the programmers eyes lighting up, working on a SUnday, more money for us, slow down and get more wages.

All the best.

LROG

fam0314 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:38 PM

Yeah, they can delay the live version of the forum for something that works properly or release the broken one and have everybody complain. Seems to be a catch 22.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:40 PM

I would have also thought they would have put this version on a different server to test out.

If they cannot roll back to the older system and something goes wrong with the new version, then............

What was that they used to say when you started computing??????

ALWAYS have a back up, just in case.

I taught that to my students within the first half hour of their courses.

All the best.

LROG

fam0314 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:44 PM

They did do this, but as everyone knows when you fix one thing another goes wrong. The store and forum are innerconnected and have to up together and can run the new store on the old forum.

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:44 PM · edited Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:48 PM

Quote - I would have also thought they would have put this version on a different server to test out.

If they cannot roll back to the older system and something goes wrong with the new version, then............

What was that they used to say when you started computing??????

ALWAYS have a back up, just in case.

I taught that to my students within the first half hour of their courses.

All the best.

LROG

hm... you have never coded a store, have you?

Theres this little thing called configuration, which is encoded to work in that test environment, but not live. Live, it has to be completely reconfigured. 

Fact is, it was tested. PA's had access to the testing version. But when it rolled live, all the configuration changed

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:48 PM

Fact is, it was tested. PA's had access to the testing version. But when it rolled live, all the configuration changes

And that's where the problem ism one hand not knowing what the other hand is doing.

Just wondering if others than the PA's did a beta of the site.

No, I'm not being awkward, but I have beta tested sites before for people and know it takes people of all abilities to test things. More experienced testers can overlook things that starter testers find etc.

All the best.

LROG

fam0314 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:50 PM · edited Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:52 PM

There was a very large group that tested it. Fact is things happen and you have to fix them.

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:54 PM

Quote - Fact is, it was tested. PA's had access to the testing version. But when it rolled live, all the configuration changes

And that's where the problem ism one hand not knowing what the other hand is doing.

Just wondering if others than the PA's did a beta of the site.

No, I'm not being awkward, but I have beta tested sites before for people and know it takes people of all abilities to test things. More experienced testers can overlook things that starter testers find etc.

All the best.

LROG

🤦 u really don't get it. You could test til you are blue in the face... everything... changes... when... the ... site... rolls... live. Unless you launch it live from the start and work on it realtime. Which no professional business would do.

But to answer your question, yes... others did test it.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 5:57 PM

So, where the hell did it go wrong?????

Sorry, but as a tester I ask daft things.

Obviously I don't want anyone to go past a non discolsure, but something major must have happened at launch point if it was ok before.

Yep, I know things change when the big switch goes on, but not to this extent.

I just hope DAZ have a Plan B, just in case.

A few days down I can see and understand people getting upset, but if it carries on, especially with people seeing that they are logged on with other peoples names etc. then the will just get more upset.

All the best.

LROG

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 6:04 PM

Quote - So, where the hell did it go wrong?????

Sorry, but as a tester I ask daft things.

Obviously I don't want anyone to go past a non discolsure, but something major must have happened at launch point if it was ok before.

Yep, I know things change when the big switch goes on, but not to this extent.

I just hope DAZ have a Plan B, just in case.

A few days down I can see and understand people getting upset, but if it carries on, especially with people seeing that they are logged on with other peoples names etc. then the will just get more upset.

All the best.

LROG

Thought Id explained where it went wrong. No matter, I will again. The configuration changed. And no, its not a "DAZ flunkee" issue... it would happen to any store. I know, Ive installed a few in my time. But see, there weren't a million eyes on my stores to see every little error and my silly-smiley-face-doodle-placeholders, to call me out on that.... no harm, no foul. It becomes way trickier when ur having to perform your super leet coding skills in front of a live studio audience. Pressure, anyone?

coldrake ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 6:05 PM · edited Sat, 19 May 2012 at 6:07 PM

Quote - Yep, I know theyare not working

Ah, I see. I assumed you would figure out that since the DAZ forums are not working that people would post in other DAZ Studio forums. My bad.

Coldrake

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 6:11 PM

I liked the little smiley face placeholder!!!!!

Now they need to put a few more in the store and run a contest to find them all.

All the best.

LROG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.