Wed, Sep 18, 3:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Looks like DAZ Shut the Forum Down Early...

coldrake ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 6:13 PM

Quote - Fact is, it was tested. PA's had access to the testing version. But when it rolled live, all the configuration changes

**paganeagle2001 wrote;

And that's where the problem ism one hand not knowing what the other hand is doing.

So you're saying that's what happened at RDNA? Their website wasn't working until a week after they said it was supposed to be back up.

Coldrake

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 6:14 PM

I think I had a few comments about them being down as well.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

fam0314 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 6:15 PM

LOL! Didn't you know. Others are allowed to do it just not DAZ.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 6:16 PM

Ahem, read my previous post.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

fam0314 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 6:16 PM

Quote - I think I had a few comments about them being down as well.

All the best.

LROG

When don't you have comments bashing somebody or some place?

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 6:18 PM · edited Sat, 19 May 2012 at 6:19 PM

When I'm recommending good PA's for use of their alants.

That type of comment won't work.

I know the, try to get a person to flame so that the thread gets locked routine.

This thread will not get locked by my comments.

All the best.

LORG

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 6:19 PM

I severely hope the thread doesn't get locked. Not everyone works to that end lol

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 6:22 PM

Those that have a problem with the current DAZ site:-

Just create a WP file of what is upsetting you.

Create tickets in your WP file ready to send.

Then when the site goes live again, you are ready.

Remember to just state the facts, don't do flames etc. as they will just get ignored.

Just state your points and like any company should do, they will make a tick off list and go through them and make a list of the more important ones to start with.

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 6:26 PM

I severely hope the thread doesn't get locked. Not everyone works to that end lol

I agree, but I have seen it over and over again.

Things need to be talked out, points need to be placed, on both sides.

Perhaps when the new site is working it will be a better experience for all, it might be a dogs dinner, but until they get reports in, via bugtracker, Zendesk, through their own forums or even from other forums they can't solve them.

Some things may be easy to solve.

Look at the people who were getting error messages. Easy to solve, clear cache, but if they didn't post in the first place and someone told them how to solve the problem then they would never get past the error report.

All the best.

LROG

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 6:27 PM

Quote - Those that have a problem with the current DAZ site:-

Remember to just state the facts, don't do flames etc. as they will just get ignored.

Just state your points and like any company should do, they will make a tick off list and go through them and make a list of the more important ones to start with.

All the best.

LROG

Now THAT I can get behind. Its way more constructive than complaining in a forum on an entirely different website.

Oh and also.... DAZ will have a bug report system (if its not there already)

coldrake ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 6:34 PM

paganeagle2001 wrote;

Quote - Those that have a problem with the current DAZ site:-

All the best.

LROG

Actually it would probably be better to wait until the site is live, many of the things that people are having problems with now may have already been fixed by the time the site is up. Otherwise they could end up being flooded with tickets that are useless and will take time away from getting things fixed that still need to be fixed.  

Coldrake

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 6:37 PM

Quote - Actually it would probably be better to wait until the site is live, many of the things that people are having problems with now may have already been fixed by the time the site is up. Otherwise they could end up being flooded with tickets that are useless and will take time away from getting things fixed that still need to be fixed.

Quoted for efficacy

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 6:45 PM

Yep, do a tick off list.

If you spot that it has been reported then you can take that off your own list, but you can also do a confirm that it is currently causing a problem.

The thing is, not to go in with loads of voices shouting about this or that.

State it in non confronting language.

Give as much info about the problem as possible.

Give browser info etc.

A rabble shouting about different things, does not get the voice or point over.

A group of people stating the same thing gets listened to more than a single voice.

So, if someone can go back though the thread and pick up the required points then that would be a start.

The same thing would apply in the DAZ Studio section here at Rendo.

Once you have starting points, you can then figuire out browser problems easily.

People who cannot view in whatever browser can check with others and see if it is just a cache probelm etc.

Now, when the DAZ forums goes live, do the same thing, state the points, don't allow flames to start, keep on track and keep pushing in the right way until things get solved.

Something may not get solved as quick as people want, but hopefully in the end things will.

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 7:00 PM · edited Sat, 19 May 2012 at 7:00 PM

Ok, one for the list but it may be solved before the site goes live:-

Use Release Date option.

From Genesis Battle Bundle onwards there are no Compatible 3D Figures or Compatible 3D Software information in the Additional Information sections.

If someone else would like to confirm, that would be of use.

All the best.

LROG

monkeycloud ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 7:21 PM

Paypal integration, at least for the two orders I've placed on the 17th and 18th May, is still apparently broken.

These two orders are still showing "processing_auth" and I'm unable to download anything from them.

Is this a known, ongoing issue that is still affecting a multitude of customers?

Further to this, the sales@daz3d.com Google Apps email address / group, given in the automated order receipt emails, is still either non-existent or blocked to external senders.

Cheers ;-)

moriador ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 8:15 PM

Quote - Just looking at this:-

Aiden for M5
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/new-releases/aiden-for-m5

Why do you need the M4 Bodysuit, especially twice????

All the best.

LROG

I posted a screenshot of the new character requiring "Charger Horse" -- This is the M5 that I want!

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

moriador ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 8:29 PM · edited Sat, 19 May 2012 at 8:31 PM

Quote - Might I suggest everyone wait until the store and site are finished before shopping or ranting about it endlessly like a certain troll?

True, DAZ said it would be finished before now, and I want it to be fixed as much as the rest of you. But never mind what the newsletters or any of last week's annoucements said, it's obviously not finished.

Why not do something else until it is finished? Try what I'm doing: check in every couple hours, see that it's not ready yet, say "aww" to yourself, and move on.

SnowS

I would absolutely love to wait until the site is finished. Totally. Agree. 100%.  But when Daz sent me 2 emails promising Sales, Coupons, and New Products at door busting prices... and told me "To better serve you DAZ has implemented a new and improved E-commerce engine!  You'll find the same familiar look and feel, but behind the beautiful product pages is a much more reliable and robust engine that will improve your overall shopping experience at Daz.  Visit us at www.daz.3d.com and see for yourself!

with a big GO NOW button...

what am I supposed to think?

Oh, it's Daz and those guys have a shocking sense of irony, I had better not visit the site until next month, or maybe next year?

If people don't keep posting on these forums to inform us of issues, how the hell are we supposed to know when the site IS ready?  By reading Daz announcements?

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

Faerydae ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 8:38 PM

Quote - Fact is, it was tested. PA's had access to the testing version. But when it rolled live, all the configuration changed

It was tested by others too, but that was at least a month or two ago. Not sure what changes were made since then.

brodiss ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2012 at 11:46 PM

I know that it will take time for DAZ to iron out the wrinkles now that the new site has gone live but I do wish that there was some was for me to contact Sales - or even DAZ itself - without having to resort to the telephone as I'm half a world away.

It's a bit tricky when you can't contact DAZ to let them know that you can't contact them.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 4:15 AM

DAZ did mention that PC members wouldn't be able to use Pay Pal to do monthly payments of the PC, so I'm assuming that the Pay Pal module has a bit of a problem.

Can't remember if they put it in the Commons, but they did put it in the PC section as I wasa PC member at that time.

Not getting into a blame situation, but you would have thought this would have been a high priority for a online store No one can be sure how many store users there use PP, but they must be more than miffed at the moment.

Well, I don't know what happened last night after I left but the whole thread in the DAZ Studio section here at Rendo vanished???

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 4:23 AM

The Aiden for M5 double repeat is still going strong, this time I get he needs:-

Fantasy Castle 2011 - Castle Keep

All the best.

LROG

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 4:55 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

"Well, I don't know what happened last night after I left but the whole thread in the DAZ Studio section here at Rendo vanished???"

read the sticky at the top of the Daz forum it's clearly titled and very very clear in it's intent. I hope the same is applied here in the poser forum and those involved with the endless fighting can fuck off.

moriador ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 5:19 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Quote - "Well, I don't know what happened last night after I left but the whole thread in the DAZ Studio section here at Rendo vanished???"

read the sticky at the top of the Daz forum it's clearly titled and very very clear in it's intent. I hope the same is applied here in the poser forum and those involved with the endless fighting can fuck off.

Indeed.  Let's hope that we have nothing but positivity and lightness, fluffy kittens, unicorns, and faeries because negativity hurts people's feelings and they must be protected.

I am brightly and happily faithful that as soon as the store is in top working order (and not a moment sooner), Daz will helpfully email me to let me know, as well as warning me ahead of time the moment they encounter any bugs I should be aware of.

fucking off

moriador ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 5:45 AM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 5:49 AM

Quote - miss the point much? we have 2 groups of users that fight in the forums. constantly. every chance they get. look for the locked threads and you'll see the names.

sorry if my post offended you, but there's a lot of us getting pissed off by the 2 factions endless fighting.

Well, since you didn't name names or direct your post to anyone in particular, as someone who has taken part in this thread, I can only assume you were telling me to fuck off.  In most parts of the world, that is offensive.  But if you weren't intending to offend me, I guess mabye it's actually a way of expressing affection, in which case, let me say, "How sweet!  Sorry I misunderstood."

ETA: :P

ETA2:  Some of those threads are the most interesting and most educational, if you can ignore the tone of discussion, which is often simply a matter of language differences anyway.  I think it's a shame they get locked.  But oh well.

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:04 AM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:07 AM

Quote - The Aiden for M5 double repeat is still going strong, this time I get he needs:-

Fantasy Castle 2011 - Castle Keep

When I checked last night, it needed some Hair model I dont recall the name of.  This morning it requires The Zombie.

I started this thread to inform, and it's unfortunate that the discussion has gotten unpleasant at times.  I had PMed Rrchard Haseltine. and he has been passing information from this and the former thread in the Studio Forum to those who can do something about it, so please try to be civil and concise so this can continue.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:10 AM

There is an old trick that certain people use when threads don't go their way.

First of all, start going off topic.

Then try to get someone to flame.

Once they start flaming, keep it up.

Moderator steps in and locks the thread.

So, the trick is:-

Stay on topic.

If someone tries to start to flame, don't react and keep on topic.

Don't flame back, it only enourages them.

This way the thread stays open.

State your points of view yes, but do it in a way that is not going to get the thread locked.

Now, you know the trick you can be on the look out for it and know how to defeat it.

All the best.

LROG

3anson ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:11 AM

information can be passed , but to no real purpose. the companies web staff have made it quite clear that they are of limited competance. experience over the last 2 years will bear that out.

yes, other sites that have migrated to new software have had problems, but none as many issues as this particular company.

sorry if it pisses people off, but some of us do remember the way things have been, and are not blinded by loyalty to a particular company.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:13 AM

Quote - DAZ did mention that PC members wouldn't be able to use Pay Pal to do monthly payments of the PC, so I'm assuming that the Pay Pal module has a bit of a problem.

I believe that was for new subscriptions only - existing subscriptions, and all one off payments, were not affected. I have been able to use PayPal for three orders - there was a period when several people hit a block, and I'm not sure if their pending orders have yet been finalised (it appears at least some have not; given that it is not currently possible, for at least some of us, to open support tickets that is not surprising) but to the best of my knowledge PayPal is currently working correctly.

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:21 AM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:24 AM

Quote - Stay on topic.

If someone tries to start to flame, don't react and keep on topic.

Don't flame back, it only enourages them.

This way the thread stays open.

Truer words are rarely spoken.... 😄

I run a small Model Railroading Forum, and we have in our House Rules...

The only way to deal with trolls is to limit your reaction to reminding others not to respond to trolls.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:23 AM

At the moment it would be an idea to know what IS working.

That way it is easier to go down the current problems, say from X amount of pages back and see if they have been solved.

I would have thought that the original beta team that tested the site before it replaced the old site would still be testing it at the moment. That is the job of the beta tester, they have access to people who can attempt to solve the problems.

Once something goes live it does not mean that the beta teams job is finished.

All the best.

LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:25 AM

Truer words are rarely spoken

And in my younger days I would have fallen for the trick, but now I have seen it too many times to fall for it.

All the best.

LROG

EpiEndless ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:32 AM

My own experience:

I was able to use PayPal to buy 2 older items last night.

Unfortunately, neither installer works.

I've tried the obvious - changing browser, clearing cache, using a different PC, resetting downloads etc.

Of course, there's currently no way to ask DAZ for help.

fonpaolo ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 6:48 AM

Just to say something on opposite:

Come on DAZ, fix all the issues on your site quickly.

I know that only in dreams everything will work without problem, there may be always one or more.

...and, hoping to not speak only for me:

I (we) will support you as I (we) did before in all those years, stop all the criticism and complaints by showing what you can do and do it well.

But do a little self-criticism, because in recent years you have demonstrated on many occasions what is being presented with the new site issues.

This is not new from me, I told you before in your forums in many occasions.
And I was there to try to help and improve, not for complain.

fonpaolo ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 7:00 AM

...and to try to help, just tried the site now.

Everytime I go to the site I have to log in, even if I choosed to be always logged in;

I have to refresh many times only to see my name as registered user;

The forum is very slow;

The store at least is faster.

moriador ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 8:07 AM · edited Mon, 21 May 2012 at 4:44 PM

Okay... if the details are being passed to someone at Daz, then:

This is what my wishlist looks like:

There has been an error processing your request

Item (Mage_Downloadable_Model_Link) with the same id "86344" already exist

Trace:
#0 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/lib/Varien/Data/Collection/Db.php(531): Varien_Data_Collection->addItem(Object(Mage_Downloadable_Model_Link))
#1 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/lib/Varien/Data/Collection.php(729): Varien_Data_Collection_Db->load()
#2 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Downloadable/Model/Product/Type.php(54): Varien_Data_Collection->getIterator()
#3 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Downloadable/Helper/Catalog/Product/Configuration.php(50): Mage_Downloadable_Model_Product_Type->getLinks(Object(AW_Sarp_Model_Catalog_Product))
#4 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Downloadable/Helper/Catalog/Product/Configuration.php(85): Mage_Downloadable_Helper_Catalog_Product_Configuration->getLinks(Object(Mage_Wishlist_Model_Item))
#5 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Wishlist/Block/Customer/Wishlist.php(178): Mage_Downloadable_Helper_Catalog_Product_Configuration->getOptions(Object(Mage_Wishlist_Model_Item))
#6 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/design/frontend/enterprise_daz/default/template/giftregistry/wishlist/view.phtml(117): Mage_Wishlist_Block_Customer_Wishlist->getDetailsHtml(Object(Mage_Wishlist_Model_Item))
#7 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(241): include('/var/www/html/m...')
#8 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(272): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/enterp...')
#9 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(286): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#10 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(863): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#11 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(582): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#12 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(522): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('customer.wishli...', true)
#13 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Page/Block/Html/Wrapper.php(52): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('', true, true)
#14 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(863): Mage_Page_Block_Html_Wrapper->_toHtml()
#15 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Text/List.php(43): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#16 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(863): Mage_Core_Block_Text_List->_toHtml()
#17 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(582): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#18 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(526): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->_getChildHtml('content', true)
#19 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/design/frontend/enterprise_daz/default/template/page/2columns-left.phtml(47): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->getChildHtml('content')
#20 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(241): include('/var/www/html/m...')
#21 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(272): Mage_Core_Block_Template->fetchView('frontend/enterp...')
#22 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Template.php(286): Mage_Core_Block_Template->renderView()
#23 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Block/Abstract.php(863): Mage_Core_Block_Template->_toHtml()
#24 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Layout.php(529): Mage_Core_Block_Abstract->toHtml()
#25 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(391): Mage_Core_Model_Layout->getOutput()
#26 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Wishlist/controllers/IndexController.php(131): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->renderLayout()
#27 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(420): Mage_Wishlist_IndexController->indexAction()
#28 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(250): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('index')
#29 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(176): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#30 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(349): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#31 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/app/Mage.php(640): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#32 /var/www/html/magento.daz3d.com/index.php(80): Mage::run('', 'store')
#33 {main}

Error log record number:1130203714225

*Edited for table breakage by Admin

mrsparky ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 9:59 AM

Um. might be a silly question this. They've just had a massive rebuild, and like all sites will need to clean out a few bugs. So why keep trying to order from it, when it's obvious theres a good chance they'll be a problem? Wouldn't waiting until they've fixed it properly make more sense?

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 10:00 AM

Didn't there used to be file size information ine the What's Included & Features section of store items?

All the best.

LROG

moriador ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 10:20 AM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 10:20 AM

Quote - Um. might be a silly question this. They've just had a massive rebuild, and like all sites will need to clean out a few bugs. So why keep trying to order from it, when it's obvious theres a good chance they'll be a problem? Wouldn't waiting until they've fixed it properly make more sense?

I don't think too many people are actually trying serious orders at this point.

I also don't think we'll know when it's fixed.

For the last week, I've been weighing whether or not I want to remain a customer there.  The responses in this thread have been

telling.  It's been useful for me.  If it hasn't been useful for you, then I wouldn't waste any more time on it.

tparo ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:13 AM

I have made a few orders and had no problem paying through paypal downloading and the installing the content. The most recent were today.

And could someone perhaps explain why the post are cut off for me.

Thanks

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:24 AM

Quote - I have made a few orders and had no problem paying through paypal downloading and the installing the content. The most recent were today.

And could someone perhaps explain why the post are cut off for me.

Thanks

The same thing is happening for me, too.  The posts in this thread, that is.  

As for DAZ...

They don't owe me any money and there's nothing of life or death importance that I have to buy from there so I ain't too bothered about the state of their site.  If anything, I think it's funny.  The little smiley guy made me laugh but then I'm easily amused sometimes.

Yes, they should have done more testing - and more thorough testing, no they shouldn't have made a big noise about the launch (or even made any noise yet), but that's not what happened.  Oh well. 

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:26 AM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:28 AM

Platinum Club prices are gone again, even after logging in.

Also, even though I was logged out, it showed a list of recently viewed items...

I don't know what the deal is here with the word-wrap not working....

EDIT it's working now that we're on a new page; must be a bit of buggy HTML code on one of the posts on that page...

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:32 AM

I'm hoping that the file sizes come back.

It's always best to check a files size before buying, especially if you are still on dial up.

Also, please, if possible could we have a Poser size and a Studio size.

The amount of time I have seen that an item has X amount of files at X size and then found out I only need to download 1 file that is about 10 meg.

I'm sure both Poser and Studio user would find this of use.

All the best.

LROG

fonpaolo ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:42 AM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 11:46 AM

The posts are not cut off only for you!

maybe it's an epidemic that now affects even here! :scared: :rolleyes: 

edit: something strange occurred but on the previous page.

Sorry.

coldrake ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 1:02 PM

Quote - And could someone perhaps explain why the post are cut off for me.

Me too. looks like they're having some problems with the forum software. :laugh:

Coldrake

Janl ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 1:27 PM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 1:28 PM

I think it was probably the error log that was posted that broke the previous page.

Now we are on a new page everything is normal. 😄

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 1:38 PM

Could be.  I asked in the CC if someone could take a look Jumpy is taking a look.

How's that for service? 

My Store

My Gallery

Janl ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 1:45 PM

Excellent, Sam. Hopefully they can fix it so it doesn't happen again but wide posts are hard to deal with.

coldrake ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 1:49 PM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 1:52 PM

paganeagle2001 wrote;

Quote - DAZ did mention that PC members wouldn't be able to use Pay Pal to do monthly payments of the PC, so I'm assuming that the Pay Pal module has a bit of a problem.

Richard is correct. It's only for new PC members, (and that's temporary,) for existing members Paypal will continue to work just fine.

3anson wrote;

Quote - yes, other sites that have migrated to new software have had problems, but none as many issues as this particular company.

Really? NONE?  Ever? Wow! That's truly amazing! And absurd.

Coldrake

Janl ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 1:52 PM · edited Sun, 20 May 2012 at 1:57 PM

Don't think he/she said None, just not as many:

Quote - "yes, other sites that have migrated to new software have had problems, but none as many issues as this particular company."

I read the none in that sentence to mean "not one site/company".

It does seem that some companies are plagued with problems time after time. :mellow:

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2012 at 2:30 PM

There's one software company who, in the UK at least, had the distinction of being the first (and so far, only) company to be sued by their clients for delivering a buggy new site.  

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.