Wed, Sep 18, 3:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 12:29 pm)

Subject: New Daz Improvements

Ian Porter ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 10:35 AM

Quote - The Itemised Order History is sorted by product name - it looks odd because there are some items with punctuation (such as quotes) in front of the name and those are shown first. Once you go to the second page the page number is in the URL so it is possible, at least as a work-around for now, to edit that by guessing where you need to be to hit the product name (I have a huge list and didn't find it too time-consuming to get some resets, though it is annoying to have to use even a simple work-around for a limitation).

I found navigating the order history to request a reset initally confusing, but soon realised it was sorted as you described.  I was very impressed that after requesting a reset the item was there in my downloads within seconds.

barb ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 11:20 AM

{waves back]  :)

Haven't looked at 4.5 yet .... still practisiing controll Advanced Pro ...

Barb

Quote - > Quote - A THOUGHT!

Maybe now is the time for all of us to actually use the software we've already purchased :D

Barb

::waves to Barb::

Good idea. But I just closed DAZ4.5 after playing with instancing for a couple of hours. Need a break :)

larsmidnatt ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 11:31 AM · edited Wed, 23 May 2012 at 11:32 AM

anyone try the instancing stuff? I tried it and I ran into some issues. If I deleted the instance node the instances remained. Anyone know of the right way to get rid of them?

I made a few instances of hitomi and things started to slow down so when I tried to delete them. After the instance node itself is gone you can actually select the instances directly to try and delete that way.

SatiraCapriccio ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 6:16 PM

I realized it was ordered alpha and that products with numbers or non letter characters appear first.  But, I also used the itemized list to copy the product name, order number, and order date into an excel spreadsheet.  It was easier to do that then to open the order page and copy the relevant bits from different locations on the order page ... especially, when I didn't populate my spreadsheet immediately, so had more than one order to grab.  Unfortunately, that's what I now have to do, and it is rather ... annoying.

Still, what makes the itemized order history most cumbersome is not being able to display the entire list on one page which then allows you to easily use browser Find.

As horrendous as the in-house store/forums must have been to maintain, they provided a far better customer experience.  But that is one of the advantages of in-house 😉

Quote - The Itemised Order History is sorted by product name - it looks odd because there are some items with punctuation (such as quotes) in front of the name and those are shown first. Once you go to the second page the page number is in the URL so it is possible, at least as a work-around for now, to edit that by guessing where you need to be to hit the product name (I have a huge list and didn't find it too time-consuming to get some resets, though it is annoying to have to use even a simple work-around for a limitation).

Burning within each of us are Fires of Creativity

Satira Capriccio

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2012 at 6:24 PM

ssgbryan: Oh, I sooooo agree.  I have a visual impairment and my eyes water trying to read that!!! I left a message about it in "The Commons".

Boni

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

gate ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 6:30 PM

Ok I just got my self Popcorn and Beer.. don't need my TV anymore since I went to visit DAZ today after a While . joining Beth QQQ and all Daz Optimists

Well What a show I go on first page tell ya guys its action , well nothing new since a week so I go to page two then three ... well pretty boring since it is still the same as 5 day's ago, so I decide to go back on first Page .... and woooow new stuff appeared but hell where did the stuff go I saw the first time I enter the Daz New releases , I have to admit the figures well Promos look great at least it is not a frozen Image anymore .. It's Alive ... I naturally Quote kylumi giving me the inspiration with his Dog for extreme situations... back to the Page!!  thinking what news could Daz have on the second page I make my way though to hit the link , oohh boy more new stuff well but the GIS expansion I saw at the beginning disappeared , now where did it go?? .....so after one page after the other no luck! and the New Jeep is also gone ! desperate I search for them. Ok time to restart the browser and start from scratch and jupiii GIS and Jeep are back on front but all the news are gone !!!

there must be a system to all this ... well I mean a mathematical one .... so I do the same as previously ... I solved the Puzzle !!!

I say Popcorn and Beer because I see Newbies creating great sites, Children creating forums and whole working websites with stores
and they do them in a half a day with no glitches,  I even believe that allot of you in here also have experienced how easy 
it is now day's to create a working Website , but a cooperation like daz seems to have more Barking Dogs then Competent Personell

I Just Love Intertainment

gate ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 6:56 PM

Ok where is the Add to cart link ??? 

A new Puzzle !!!

well I just cant wait to see the whole DAZ Crew and hes Dog, on David Letterman's Stupid Human Tricks or Pet tricks Show ( Please Google ), well I Might then spend the money I would of left on Daz Products on all the Popcorn and Beer needed.  

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 7:28 PM

Quote -

Ok where is the Add to cart link ??? 

A new Puzzle !!!

well I just cant wait to see the whole DAZ Crew and hes Dog, on David Letterman's Stupid Human Tricks or Pet tricks Show ( Please Google ), well I Might then spend the money I would of left on Daz Products on all the Popcorn and Beer needed.  

Are you logged in? I have an Add to Cart button on that product.

AtticAnne ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2012 at 11:04 PM

I just tried it and even without being signed in, the Add to Cart button is there.

kylumi ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 12:26 PM

Quote - Ok I just got my self Popcorn and Beer.. don't need my TV anymore since I went to visit DAZ today after a While . joining Beth QQQ and all Daz Optimists

Well What a show I go on first page tell ya guys its action , well nothing new since a week so I go to page two then three ... well pretty boring since it is still the same as 5 day's ago, so I decide to go back on first Page .... and woooow new stuff appeared but hell where did the stuff go I saw the first time I enter the Daz New releases , I have to admit the figures well Promos look great at least it is not a frozen Image anymore .. It's Alive ... I naturally Quote kylumi giving me the inspiration with his Dog for extreme situations... back to the Page!!  thinking what news could Daz have on the second page I make my way though to hit the link , oohh boy more new stuff well but the GIS expansion I saw at the beginning disappeared , now where did it go?? .....so after one page after the other no luck! and the New Jeep is also gone ! desperate I search for them. Ok time to restart the browser and start from scratch and jupiii GIS and Jeep are back on front but all the news are gone !!!

there must be a system to all this ... well I mean a mathematical one .... so I do the same as previously ... I solved the Puzzle !!!

I say Popcorn and Beer because I see Newbies creating great sites, Children creating forums and whole working websites with stores
and they do them in a half a day with no glitches,  I even believe that allot of you in here also have experienced how easy 
it is now day's to create a working Website , but a cooperation like daz seems to have more Barking Dogs then Competent Personell

I Just Love Intertainment

Nice to see Gate, for me this was a really good read. I know how you feel buddy.

I would be the first to admit that i'm a Daz fanboy....but, the changes are kinda overwhelming [even for me].  I am hoping that with time I will accept it but, it reminds me of those forums you used to get 15 years ago...

But, I understand that changes are being made....... :sleep:

It does not help being devoid of graphical content.....I am sure when that part is corrected it will make a major difference to the experience.

ROFL ......I nearly put GRAPHIC CONTENT.......I bet that would grab someones attentions!!!

SpottedKitty ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2012 at 8:50 AM

Quote - well pretty boring since it is still the same as 5 day's ago, so I decide to go back on first Page .... and woooow new stuff appeared but hell where did the stuff go I saw the first time I enter the Daz New releases ,

At least part of the problem seems to be that the new website somehow manages to push old cached pages at us, instead of assembling a new up-to-date page from the current store database and pushing that. I've been getting into the habit of force-reloading each store page as I look at it, and that does help, but I still get frequent most-recent-musical-chairs and now-you-see-it-now-you-don't sale prices. What a mess...

Ah well, at least I now finally managed to download the stuff I bought last Saturday. Maybe I'll buy more stuff I want to get this weekend.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.