Wed, Oct 2, 10:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 1:56 pm)

Subject: DAZ3D's New Website...

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 9:22 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 12:50 AM

... is a lot of poo.

Can't find anything.

For example, where are the old forums ? ... I thought they might be archived, but no such links. If there are, DAZ has skilfully hidden them away.

Also, how do you check your vouchers, coupons and PC credits ? Again, no links, at least not from my account page, anyway.

I feel like I am playing hide and seek.

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 9:42 AM
Forum Coordinator Online Now!

They've been posting Staus Updates here in this thread: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2849812

the old site archive is here: http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/

also--please read this thread  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2849705 , It has info regarding posts about Daz changes.:) I hope some of this helps. Also If you have Facebook,I think but am not sure that they've been posting there too.Plus you can post in Daz forums,so maybe ask there too?

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator
May the hands of fate be kind to you and yours. :)
guardian_angel_671@renderosity.com

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 9:53 AM · edited Fri, 25 May 2012 at 9:56 AM

thanks that is helpful. what about checking coupons etc. ? ... regarding posting at their new forum, I did but my post disappeared into nothing sigh

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 10:36 AM

I read something somewhere but forget what--give me a few & I'll snoop & see if I can refind it.My connection is slow-so may be a few.

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 10:42 AM

Oh by chance,(guessing here) did you look on your account dashboard? see if any are listed under the Store Credit tab?

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 11:25 AM

Sorry I couldn't find anything of much help :(

I only found this  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2849983  &  this http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/385/  -maybe re-ask in the das coupon thread?

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2012 at 6:45 PM

Thanks for all of your help, Guardian_Angel_671.

It's ironic that the only information available for DAZ's site is via this site (Rendo).

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2012 at 2:17 PM

Sorry was away a bit. Glad I could help a little bit.

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator

Meshbox ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 11:52 AM

Attached Link: Daz 3D Using Expression Engine for CMS?

If you are accustomed to using BBCODE in your posts, its worth noting that the system is completely changed, no longer PHPBB but likely Expression Engine.

Best regards,

chikako
Meshbox Design | 3D Models You Want

krsears ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 12:15 PM

The forums are running on Expression Engine, the Store on Magento, and the caching engine is Varnish.

Kendall

Digitell ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 12:58 PM

Is anyone having trouble getting into Daz..I can access the forums and home page but when I try to log in or go to store items I get an error page on Magento..

TJaiman ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 1:09 PM

The site has been up and down since about 7:00 am. It hasn't been down for very long, at a time, though.

Starts with the Magento error message, then goes to the green alien.

No idea how long this outage will last.

Digitell ( ) posted Thu, 31 May 2012 at 1:11 PM

Thanks TJaiman..at least I know now I am not the only one getting these page error messages...yep been happing most all day for me too.

Carri58 ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 10:29 AM

Well I can log into the store,but not the forums,so just being a lurker  ........

They are working at fixing things .....

ointment ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 5:09 PM

It would be nice if they laid off the new products/sales etc until they fixed the website. I was getting magneto errors yesterday when I tried to log in. There's something funny about their caching engine as well. It keeps thinking I'm someone else or I'm not logged in. Think I'll avoid spending any money over there in the meanwhile.

Carri58 ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 5:15 PM

What web browser are you useing??

ointment ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 6:43 PM

firefox. I don't think it's browser specific. Lots of people are having similiar issues.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 10:55 PM

Well, all I have been getting is the green alien since this afternoon.

Wiccan ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2012 at 11:04 PM

No it is the site, not the browser. 

It does help a bit if you delete cookies.  It fixes the problem asking if you are another person.

June PC rewards, whatever they are called these days, are not up as about 3 hours ago.  There is a thread in the members forum that discusses it. 

New threads or posts do not make it to the top of page 1 like they used to, they are a bit scrambled yet.  I do have some luck looking at most active posts, and new threads on the index page.   Rewards, if/when we get them should show up under store credit.  Store credit can be found under the Account tab.

Here is a direct link to the forums... http://www.daz3d.com/forums/   

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2012 at 8:51 AM

The remnants, if any, of the last PC vouchers from the old store were turned into Store Credit. However, in the new store they will -at least initially - take the form of a coupon code for $6, which can be applied to a single order of the user's choice - the $6 will, however, be applied only to DAZ Originals, not to PA items not to PC $1.99 items. According to the information before the switch the voucher codes will be in the newsletter and posted in the Members Only forum.

redcts1 ( ) posted Sun, 03 June 2012 at 11:11 AM

The "New" site has been an complete and utter disaster. I haven't purchased anything since the 60's dinette set and I won't until they get their site in working order. The forum is a maze and labrynth with posts scattered everywhere. PC is not running on auto as I found out at the beginning of the month of June. I have lost my patience with this display of lack of professionalism.

I guess you can tell I'm a bit miffed, I've lost hope that this problem will be fixed soon as the weeks tick by.

(by the way I have posted on their site, I will have an easier time finding my post here)

dreamcutter ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2012 at 9:16 PM

Past history shows the bugs wont get worked out untiil DAZ Store 3.0 is released. 

ointment ( ) posted Thu, 07 June 2012 at 4:36 PM

I thinking I should request a refund for my PC subs. I'm beginning to get the impression that Daz doesn't have a clue about what the heck is wrong with their website and there is no one there who will take ownership of the problem and shut the store down until they can fix it.

mrgraphix ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 11:46 AM

Quote - I thinking I should request a refund for my PC subs. I'm beginning to get the impression that Daz doesn't have a clue about what the heck is wrong with their website and there is no one there who will take ownership of the problem and shut the store down until they can fix it.

Good luck with a refund! I requested a refund due to product delivery failures and kept running out of download tries.. Thats was on 6-11-2012 and not heard anything no reply nothing... In short of a few weeks it will be beyond the 30 day money back.. My loss but more so theres in the long run.

This morning i deleted my payment info. from there. I wont be going back to that site for a good while.

I understand problems ect.. trying to make changes but wow they really shouldve planned better or hired professional programmers.

ointment ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 2:16 PM

Have you tried disputing the payment with your credit card company?

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 2:44 PM

mrgraphix: If you have a support ticket in the 30 day window shouldn't matter - as long as the ticket was clear on the issue. If you can send me the ticket number I'll see if I can find out why it's hanging fire.

TJaiman ( ) posted Tue, 26 June 2012 at 2:44 PM · edited Tue, 26 June 2012 at 2:49 PM

Never mind, RHaseltine beat me to it...

cherokee69 ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2012 at 9:23 PM

One of the big problems with DAZ's forums is the sorting of the forum posts. I've been to the Expression Engine site and checked their forums and the posts are sorted with the newest first. So, why can't DAZ do that too?

ointment ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2012 at 11:25 PM

Because Daz doesn't view it as a priority to fix the forums.

klown ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2012 at 8:37 AM

I'm not trying to be mean or start a flame war but think it's a huge step backwards, it limits more than it allows. Try to write an instructional over there without having it all reformatted on you, it's very restrictive.

ointment ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2012 at 1:39 AM

Daz is doing a PC preview until the end of the month (daz must be hurting for cash). I guess they've worked out how to change prices without relisting everything afterwards.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2012 at 10:18 AM

Quote - Daz is doing a PC preview until the end of the month (daz must be hurting for cash). I guess they've worked out how to change prices without relisting everything afterwards.

They probably are - Yesterday was the first time I had spent any money at DAZ in over a month - and I used to be good for at least $100 a month from 2004 till the release of DS4.

More importantly, they may have figured out how to get a voucher to work on PA items.  There is still a spending floor ($10), but that isn't a big deal since most PA items are more than that.

If they use this to make up for the absolute uselessness of the current PC voucher, they may be able to staunch the bleeding in respect to the PC club.  If I can count on a $5 or $6 dollar voucher that I can use like we did before the great store disaster, I certainly will consider renewing my PC membership when it runs out in Oct.  I won't be buying Genesis items, but there are a number of other things I wouldn't mind owning.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.