Sat, Oct 5, 6:09 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: JCM..is it possible

Karth ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 7:28 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 7:36 AM

Going crazy.

I have a hair with 3 handles.

Mesh grouping is only head.

I have add a smooth morph to the head group.

When i dial one handle this morph should start to work like a  JCM.

Cant find a way to inject that correct.

Is it not possible ?

Any help would be fine.

Greetings Karth

colorcurvature ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 10:44 AM

Hi Karth, have you tried using the dependency editor to get it right, then save it, and check what ERC the editor created?

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 10:49 AM · edited Sun, 24 June 2012 at 10:52 AM

Let me see if I understand you correctly.

You have a hair figure with three body handles. This figure has an actor named 'head'. The head actor has a morph. You want to make a pz2 (pose) to inject slaving code so that when you change the value of a dial in one of the body handles the morph will be expressed. Have I got the story straight? If so try this:

{

version
    {
    number 3
    }

actor head
    {
    channels
        {
        rotateY yrot
            {
            valueOpDeltaAdd
                Figure
                NameOfActor
                NameOfChannel
            deltaAddDelta 1.000000
            }
        }
    }
}

Where 'rotateY yrot' is the channel you are injecting into, 'NameOfActor' is the internal name of the body handle, and 'NameOfChannel' is the name of the channel in the body handle that you want the morph to respond to. The value in the 'deltaAddDelta' line determines the strength of the slaving. With the default value of 1, an increment of 1 in the master channel will produce an increment of 1 in the slave channel. A value of 0.5 would require an increment of 2 in the master channel to produce an increment of 1 in the slave channel, etc.

For example, to slave a morph named 'Smooth' to the 'yrot' channel of a body handle named 'handle1', you would use the following pz2 file:

{

version
    {
    number 3
    }

actor head
    {
    channels
        {
        rotateY yrot
            {
            valueOpDeltaAdd
                Figure
                handle1
                Smooth
            deltaAddDelta 0.050000
            }
        }
    }
}

Note that the names are case sensitive.

If editing the code directly into the hair cr2 (instead of injecting it), you would use the same code, except that you should add the figure number used in the rest of the cr2 to the code, eg:

valueOpDeltaAdd
                Figure 1
                handle1:1
                Smooth
            deltaAddDelta 0.050000

Karth ( ) posted Sun, 24 June 2012 at 11:38 AM

file_482950.jpg

Ohh...my english

lesbentley i think you understand what i want to do , but i dont understand why that

is in the yrot channel of the headg

Maybe i should post the things i have.

rigging :

head actor with 3 bodyhandles

i have rotate one of the handles and smooth the mesh..thats the morph..the whole mesh is head...

the morph is sitting there and working when i dial in.

see pic*

and now i want that this is working when i dial the handle (fBangMover)

When i past this also to the bodyhandle it doesnt work .

So is the solution to move that target geo to the channel you wrote ?

But that looks like it will work when i rotate the head.

All 3 bodyhandles are parent to the head actor.

Thanks guys for helping

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.