Wed, Sep 18, 2:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Animation keyframe issue

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2012 at 2:09 PM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 10:53 AM

Attached Link: Animation issue image

Hi I'm having an issue with the animation graph in PP2012.

What's going on is I have a animation that is running at 116 frames currently at frame 60 I want my character (V4) to stop moving but she don't.

When I set up the scene I started added an animated pose to M4 on frame 1 and a normal pose to V4, the animated pose automatically added in the amount of keyframes needed for M4 which is correct, and I manually adjusted V4 to where I want her to be on frame 60.

Why is she still moving?

You can see from my image there are no key frames for her after frame 61 nor for the chair she is currently parented to.  There is nothing for me to delete. Any idea on what I can do to keep her from moving after frame 60? I am going to make her move after that frame but just simple body movements. Right now she's trying to spin back in the position she is in on frame 1. I'm sure I'm overlooking something here.

Thanks

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2012 at 2:56 PM

Sounds like you need to add some spline breaks. This video tutorial will explain.

http://www.philc.net/animation1.php

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2012 at 3:17 PM

opening the curve for one of the movements should show whats happening. The normal spline interpolation is calculating between your starting position and the pose at frame 60. It will continue the curve past frame 60 unless you do a spline break 

You can also duplicate fram 60 pose at say frame 65 and 70 to make the curve change.

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 12:01 PM

Sorry for the delayed response, I've been really backed up with work. Thank you for the input. The spline break got me on the right track and helped me get some things deleted. 

I just ran into a new issue. I'm doing a headshot animation of someone sitting behind a desk talking to the camera. the talking was set up with mimic and I was manually moving her arms here and there to give her some life.

Well I have 5000+ frames and this is getting tedious so I ventured out to find some automated poses that would help and I found this http://www.posermocap.com/2008/11/28/free-animated-pose-v4-news-presenter/  now when I add the pose to V4, my camera is now moving with V4 just like the hand camera does so my entire scene is jumping. I'm not finding anything in the graph editor or the keyframe editor that's even suggesting why my camera is now moving. The camera seems to be moving with her hips I'm not sure.

Any idea on where to begin sorting this out?

Thank you again

Jeff

PhilC ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 12:55 PM

Which camera are you using? If the pose camera then yes it will move with the hip/body.

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 1:01 PM

Actually I've been using the face camera for the headshots and the main for the full scene.

ninhalo5 ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2012 at 1:30 PM · edited Tue, 24 July 2012 at 1:30 PM

I've been digging further and switched to my aux camera which is outside the scene and noticed that the entire scene is now moving up and down on the Y axis. I went in to the graph and found 2 keyframes showing on x,y and z and deleted all of them. That seemed to correct the movement through the aux camera and the dolly cam I created, but my face cam has not changed.

I even changed the face cam in the heirarchy moving it from V4 to universe and a few other places and it made no difference.

I can understand that if the face cam is parented to V4's face then if her face moves left and right the camera would stay on it and move with the face. What's strange about it is this was not happening until loading that auto pose file.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.