Sun, Oct 6, 6:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 2:10 pm)

Subject: Daz 4 autofit to C4D?

Warangel ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2012 at 5:54 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:38 AM

file_484048.JPG

Still learning Daz 4. Coming from Daz 3. This whole auto-fit thing. Very handy in Daz, but when I export my OBJ for use in C4D, the clothing is no longer autofit. Been trying to figure it out, Googling, etc. No luck.

dazCloth.jpg shows my preview in Daz 4 Studio.

Warangel ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2012 at 5:54 AM

file_484049.JPG

c4dbBroken shows how it looks in Cinema 4d.

Any help would be welcome. Thanks.

prixat ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2012 at 6:27 AM
Online Now!

I think thats part of the on-the-fly collision detection (and smoothing) that Studio/AutoFit does.

Have you tried emulating the collision detection in C4D? 

regards
prixat

Warangel ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2012 at 8:25 AM

I have tried, but can't figure out the cloth tag on groups. Got a separate question in the C4D forum about that, heh.

So when exporting from Daz 4 it will not take the current state of the model? That's a little disappointing.

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2012 at 7:19 PM

Quote - I have tried, but can't figure out the cloth tag on groups. Got a separate question in the C4D forum about that, heh.

So when exporting from Daz 4 it will not take the current state of the model? That's a little disappointing.

Considering genesis was intended or designed for import into CD4 or other non DAZ app it's not surprising.

I beleive there is an option to bake in the morph when applying smoothing, this might work.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

Warangel ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2012 at 7:57 AM

I haven't been able to find any bake morph type of option. If you can point it out, that would be appreciative.

I've been digging into this more. Apparently it's a common issue, specific to the Genesis format. I've tried the demo version of Riptide Pro, it fails to bring in the mesh correctly as well, though if the export isn't right, I can't blame Riptide.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Warangel ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2012 at 8:19 AM

Found what you were talking about.

Edit > Object > Geometry > Bake Smoothed Morph

Applied this. Waited. Exported OBJ for C4D. Imported into C4D. Exact same issue as originally stated.

Warangel ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2012 at 6:43 AM

I have a hard time believing not a single person has exported obj from DAZ Stufio 4 into C4D 13.

Please, this is a major part of my workflow. Help.

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2012 at 7:12 AM

Probably because most here can't afford CD4 if they are using DS, 2 different markets and classes of software. try using V4 or a different figure that doesn't use DAZ specific tech on them. With how genesis is done within and for DS only there probably isn't a way.

Did you try maybe using the transfer active morphs option? This might work.

What other formats does CD4 read? Collada maybe?

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

FrankT ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2012 at 1:25 PM

tried asking in the C4D forum ? (I haven't been in there for ages so apologies if you already have)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

DustRider ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2012 at 8:41 PM

If you own Poser 9/2012, the CR2 Evporter (http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-to-poser-cr2/) may help. It would add a few extra steps, but might work.

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

Warangel ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2012 at 11:29 AM

Ok, some more information...

It's either an issue with The Jessica Alba morph or the Suranian Priest 2 outfit. I haven't had time yet to figure out which, though my guess is the priest outfit.

I tested my existing workflow from DAZ 4 to C4D with other figure/outfit combinations using various plugins - Riptide, InterPoser, MDD export/import, FBX, straight DAZ C4D obj export, and they all worked fine.

For still images, my preference is InterPoser. For animation, the MDD export currently, as I don't have InterPoser Pro, though it's on my list.

Anyway, still haven't resolved the issue, but have some ideas. How would you proceed next? 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.