Wed, Sep 18, 7:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: New Poser Website is Live...

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 12:32 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 2:50 AM

No SR-3 yet, tho'...

http://poser.smithmicro.com/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

3doutlaw ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 12:40 PM

Are those the new Anastasia facial expressions on the Free Content page?

meatSim ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 12:47 PM

The site looks good.  Its nice to have some key links to content.  I would have liked to see a link to the official poser 9 forum at rdna though.  I always look for forum links when I am browsing software sites

Hana-Hanabi ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 12:55 PM

Actually, the site does NOT look good. At least not on my netbook, which can get no higher than 1024 wide. Somebody coded this site in a way that doesn't allow for flowing width, which pushes all of the content down past the navigation menu, instead of floating it alongside, like it SHOULD do.

花 | 美 | 花美 | 花火 
...It's a pun. 

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 1:22 PM · edited Mon, 06 August 2012 at 1:23 PM

I should have mentioned that I had to disable AdBlock Plus in Firefox for the site to be able to view it.

Good point about the Forum, meatSim..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Hana-Hanabi ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 1:25 PM

Quote - disable AdBlock

Well, that fixed the 'pushing down' problem, but now I have a much-hated horizontal scroll bar. Not to be a complainer, but I really can't tell you which one of those options is more annoying.

花 | 美 | 花美 | 花火 
...It's a pun. 

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 1:31 PM · edited Mon, 06 August 2012 at 1:33 PM

i'm having difficulty trusting the gallery images are actually rendered in poser.
50/50?  10/90?

is the lady on the cover a firefly render?

I 100% trust the 'Candy Andy' are firefly renders.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

toastie ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 1:42 PM

It's all a bit squashed down the left hand side for me. I keep wanting to peer around the edge of the monitor to see if it's slipped off!

basicwiz ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 1:47 PM

ROFLMAO

Gremalkyn ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 1:57 PM

The little images on the left are only half there and I cannot read the links at the bottom w/o mousing over them.  No point for me to start the tour if stuff is missing or hard to see.

Teyon ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 2:01 PM · edited Mon, 06 August 2012 at 2:07 PM

The images on the left fly out if you mouse over them.  Misty, that image of the woman on the main page was rendered by Syyd over at RDNA.  It's a Poser Render.

Edit: It occurred to me that maybe you meant the woman on the main page of the Portraits render gallery. Yes, that's also Poser. Info at this link:

http://pitoxlon.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24#/d4d5nkw

The new site design is... interesting.  I'll need time to get used to it for sure but on my screen, i can see the whole thing.

Teyon ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 2:31 PM · edited Mon, 06 August 2012 at 2:32 PM

We have a link to all our partner sites here:

http://poser.smithmicro.com/poser-community.html

Teyon ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 2:44 PM

Hey gang, I'm working directly with the web designer to try to address any problems you come across.

The lightness of the link color in the footer has been bumped up to make it easier to read.

The body of the pages on the site are designed for 980 px wide which should fit fine into the 1024 screen size – the large imagery on the right is meant to bleed off the screen on smaller monitors – there is no necessary content over on that side of the page – but it does result in a horizontal scroll bar.

Hope that helps and if there's anything else, feel free to IM me here and I'll pass it on to the designer. I'll be on all day.

aeilkema ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 2:56 PM

Depressing website...... the first thing you see is an all black website with a render of a very unhappy, depressed, unfriendly looking woman. It's a bit like RDNA now, I do find it color and image wise an unatractive website. Bene there, seen it, not really something to revisit over and over.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Khai-J-Bach ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 2:59 PM

so Aeilkema hates it. Teyon, it's doing well.

Teyon ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 3:02 PM

Thanks. Passing it on.

Kendra ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 3:21 PM

I think they're refering to technical issues.  :)  

...... Kendra

basicwiz ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 3:27 PM

OT: Teyon...

LOVE your avatar! Reminds me of Clifton Webb as John Phillip Sousa in "The Stars and Stripes Forever!"

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 3:28 PM

so far, it's intuitive.

i connect to the internet only with my netbook, which is 800x600. i'm used to scroll bars. :)

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 3:35 PM

Looks pretty good to me.  Not a crowded or too busy layout; everything is clear and easy to see, with a crisp font.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Teyon ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 3:36 PM

Quote - OT: Teyon...

LOVE your avatar! Reminds me of Clifton Webb as John Phillip Sousa in "The Stars and Stripes Forever!"

Thanks. :D 

And thank you all for the feedback. We want to make sure everyone has the best possible experience we can provide. 

meatSim ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 3:39 PM

Interesting.. I didn't see anything that I couldn't see being done in poser... maybe with mosest bit of postwork

Quote - i'm having difficulty trusting the gallery images are actually rendered in poser.
50/50?  10/90?

is the lady on the cover a firefly render?

I 100% trust the 'Candy Andy' are firefly renders.

LilWolff ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 3:58 PM

Quote -  

We have a link to all our partner sites here:

http://poser.smithmicro.com/poser-community.html

The bottom (in white) community link gave me an error. Sent email to web master.

I see they only have to put the /poser- in front of the community.html easy fix. :-)

LilWolff ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 4:03 PM

Quote - Are those the new Anastasia facial expressions on the Free Content page?

I don't think so I think that is Alyson they are showing?

Teyon ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 4:06 PM

LilWolff, I've passed on the info about the broken link. Thanks for catching that. 

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 4:25 PM

Thanx for passing these things along, Teyon; It's great to have such speedy feedback and turnaround on such site issues... 🆒

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 4:27 PM

Nice one guys. New site is a big improvement I think... looks fine on both the 20 inch and 27  inch displays in front of me just now...

Although on the latter display size, you could fit a lot more in on the right there... :lol:

Left-alignment is cool though and a nice change from all that centered layout everywhere else... and the color scheme works for me.

Content Paradise up next for a revamp?? 😉

meatSim ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 5:14 PM

Yes please....

Quote -  

Content Paradise up next for a revamp?? 😉

Teyon ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 5:18 PM

Cool. Thanks again gang. :D

toastie ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 5:28 PM

I'm still not so keen on the very left alignment and there's loads of emptiness over on the right side of my monitor which looks sort of weird when everything is squished into the left margin like that. The text size is kind of massive too. But it's a nice clean layout and everything loads fast and in the right place which is always good.

I actually hate white text on black and find it very hard to read and it gives me eyestrain, but I know from all the comments about a certain other site that a lot of people seem to find the exact opposite. Grey on white is really restful for my eyes :)

imagination304 ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 6:03 PM

(bookmarked)

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 6:12 PM

Anyone not looking at the default Rendo color scheme, like I am, may not appreciate the irony in your last post there toastie 😄

(it's quite small, white on black text, the way I'm reading it)

My wife hates the white on black text on my apple tv's UI, for those reasons.

Course, she won't let me buy a bigger tv... and therefore the text is a bit small... so it's really her fault. LOL.

I think if the text is big enough to read properly the white on black is just fine.

😉

toastie ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 6:19 PM

Quote - Anyone not looking at the default Rendo color scheme, like I am, may not appreciate the irony in your last post there toastie 😄

(it's quite small, white on black text, the way I'm reading it)

My wife hates the white on black text on my apple tv's UI, for those reasons.

Course, she won't let me buy a bigger tv... and therefore the text is a bit small... so it's really her fault. LOL.

I think if the text is big enough to read properly the white on black is just fine.

😉

Er... I'm not sure I got the irony either.

And when I just tried the Poser site in IE it was grey text on a white background.... Opera and FF have white on black. I think IE isn't loading the site properly because the flyouts on the left are overlapping the text as well. Strangeness. But probably just local strangeness and not the site.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 6:29 PM · edited Mon, 06 August 2012 at 6:29 PM

Yeah, I wondered how much it might vary. I see all the posts here as white on either black (or very dark grey) or a more mid grey. that's in Safari.

So I do find myself having to lean forward and squint quite a lot.

I hadn't even realised I was, tbh, till you posted your comment there 😉

I should probably use the option to adjust the forum theme...

Eric Walters ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 9:11 PM

file_484853.jpg

Looks good overall- one suggestion. In the gallery is a render of the Head Scan from IR Studios- of Lee Perry Smith. Several of us have made MUCH better looking renders of the free head in Poser2012. Here is mine attached- feel free to use it. I remember BB also had a render that looked great. I rendered this back in March 26 2012

I have some Lighwave renders I made earlier that don't look quite as good btw!

Eric-

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 9:28 PM

file_484854.jpg

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

file_484855.jpg

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

file_484856.jpg

Take your pick.

ToxicWolf ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 9:41 PM

Nice for it to be up but that pushed over to the left stuff is reall uncomfortable. Rendo has the coding right so it all ends up in the middle on widescreens here.

Poser Pro 2012 SR3

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Intel Core I7 990x 3.46G 6 core

24G RAM

EVGA GTX580 R Video Card

Single HP LP2475 1920x1200 monitor

http://www.toxicwolf.com

vholf ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 9:54 PM

I have to agree with most here, that alignment to the left is weird, very non-standard nowdays, I have this huge emtpy space on my wide screen monitor.

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 10:24 PM

Hmmm... the lettering at the top of the page looks like someone tore it out of an old newspaper!

Doesn't look like they threw much revenue at it either... :/

~A~

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

Eric Walters ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 10:44 PM · edited Mon, 06 August 2012 at 10:46 PM

file_484857.jpg

Most excellent BB! Any of those look far better than what is posted in the Gallery-and show off the abilities of Poser.

The Lee Perry Smith head scan has been rendered in numerous Pro programs- and what BB just posted looks every bit as good as those renders.

THIS is what is currently in the gallery-

Quote - Take your pick.

moriador ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 11:34 PM · edited Mon, 06 August 2012 at 11:47 PM

Yikes. I can't figure this site out at all.

The images are all over the place, overlapping the text, etc.

Text is tiny, but when I try to make the text bigger, the screen resolution gets huge and everything is pushed off the page with horizontal scrollbars -- ETA: Oh, wait, after a couple of click the horizontals are gone, now the text on the left has completely vanished. I hope it wasn't important.

It's utterly unusable.

Does it just not work in Firefox?

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

moriador ( ) posted Mon, 06 August 2012 at 11:47 PM

file_484859.jpg

Also, I can't help feeling that I'm missing something...

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

basicwiz ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2012 at 1:06 AM · edited Tue, 07 August 2012 at 1:07 AM

moriador...

Yes, you are missing several graphics. Try refreshing your browser and/or clearing your cache. I had to do so to get it to load right.

moriador ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2012 at 1:38 AM

Can someone tell me what the deal is with just about every other website needing to have the browser cache cleared before it will work?

This issue is so pervasive, it seems, I'm wondering why browsers have caches, if they are causing so much trouble.

People are impatient. They leave a site within 15 seconds if it doesn't load. Adding an additional 3 steps, which after a day of heavy browsing may take several minutes to complete, isn't really a solution.

moriador ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2012 at 2:02 AM · edited Tue, 07 August 2012 at 2:03 AM

Okay, so, in order to use the site, I have to open FF, click tools, clear history, uncheck all the things I don't want cleared, clear cache, wait while FF clears several GB of cache, close FF, re-open FF, try to remember where the heck it was I saw the URL, and re-load the site.

It now appears as I suppose is intended.

I can't read it. When I was 17, I might have had good enough eyesight.

I increase the font size, I get an ugly horizontal scrollbar.

Site is usable. But horizontal scrollbars are a huge no-no.

Well, now that I can see the site, I can also see its purpose. I already own Poser, so it doesn't really matter to me. I won't have to visit the site again. It's a nice site, though, and would look very pretty for those with great eyesight and a very large screen resolution. (I've got a 1920 x 1200, but I can't browse at that resolution: reading blocks of text across a screen that wide would kill my neck).

I've designed enough websites to understand how stupidly hard it is to ensure cross browser compatibility and deal with accessibility issues and bandwidth and varying screen resolutions and to do it all while maintaining an elegant separation of style, structure, and content. With the addition of mobile platforms, it's gotten so horrible that I don't bother any more. So, I commend anyone who succeeds in getting a site off the ground in this environment.

Netherworks ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2012 at 4:26 AM · edited Tue, 07 August 2012 at 4:27 AM

I agree with those that say it looks odd flush left.  ...And startling so when you go to the specific pages.  Centered would look a LOT better.

I much more prefer the black than for it to be on white and pastels. :)

Using Seamonkey (based on Mozilla/Firefox core)

toastie ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2012 at 4:56 AM

Strange... The text looks huge to me. Using FF and Opera with no zoom.

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2012 at 11:24 AM

Thanks for the feedback gang. The web designer is looking into altering the page so it isn't so flushed left - hopefully that can be done without having to change a lot of things. I honestly don't have a clue - any one who has seen my website can tell you that, lol. Please continue Instant Messaging me here with any navigation issues you're having and I will continue to pass it on to the folks who can fix it. :D

toastie ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2012 at 11:34 AM

That's good. It does give a bit of an impression that something might have gone missing over the edge there at the moment! ;)

Doesn't look bad though. And it tells you what it's about without lots of pointless gimmickiness which is all-important to me! :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.