Mon, Sep 9, 8:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Wind force in p2012

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 9:32 AM · edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 4:34 AM

I have tried everything to get the windforce to work on a square cloth and nothing, i have used all of the techniques used in these forums, so where am i going wrong or if someone can give it a try is this a fault with Poser 2012 sr3?

I have put a hi res square choreographed by the top edge in the scene then whilst selected added a windforce, set the winforce amplitude to values from 1 to 500 and range from 2 to 10000 and spread angle from 26 to 90 degrees, and the square is positioned  from close to the wind source to mid and distant inside the force cone.... im getting fed up with this now so can someone please help... oh and before someone says read the manual, i have and i would do better to contact the dead for an answer... its rubbish

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

icandy265 ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 9:38 AM

What are the Cloth Simulation settings on the square?

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 9:44 AM

i have tried everything on the simulation settings from being silk to leather, and reducing and increasing air damping, is there a way to tell the square to be effected by the wind force? as the square just dangles in the air after a simulation...

geep ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 9:47 AM · edited Tue, 21 August 2012 at 10:01 AM

Do you have "Collisions" turned ON? :huh:

(i.e., collide against) <------------- ??? (in the Cloth Room)

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 9:49 AM

shedofjoy, I have a tutorial at my homepage for the windforce. Maybe there you find some tip which you oversee before.

LDD-france.com

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 10:09 AM

i tried collide against but nothing, also i tried turning dynamics on in the square properties, but nothing

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 10:17 AM

thankyou laddona i shall give this a try. i have no idea why smith micro have not made the windforce more friendly, so far it is the only thing ive used in poser that has never in 10 years given me any results at all.....time for an update,lol

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 10:19 AM

Believe me or not, I suffer with the Winforce tool for years, till desiderius my partner give me a smal hint what i did wrong all the years.

Maybe you have luck too.

If you have still problems, you can pm me anytime, maybe we find out what go wrong there :)

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 10:23 AM

i just tried your tutorial with your settings and nothing, no wind reaction at all..... im starting to think that wind force in poser2012 sr3 is broken

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 10:25 AM

thankyou ladonna, im not sure where to go from here?

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 10:31 AM

DAMN.. it works with ease in poser 8 but will not under any cicumstances run in poser 2012 sr3...... Looks like i found a bug.....

cant believe how easy it was in P8

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 10:31 AM

Hm, you have maybe some screen shot where you put your windforce tool?

― Marcus Aurelius,

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 10:34 AM

I can not test by my own now, because I have a render on my poser running.

― Marcus Aurelius,

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 10:35 AM

Quote - DAMN.. it works with ease in poser 8 but will not under any cicumstances run in poser 2012 sr3...... Looks like i found a bug.....

cant believe how easy it was in P8

:)  Great, and now I go to mantis and write a bug report . 

I will give it a try too as soon my Poser is finish to render but when you say in P8 it works in P2012 not, than I guess it is a bug.

― Marcus Aurelius,

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 10:43 AM

it would be nice if i can get others to try windforce in poser 2012 sr3 to see if the results are conclusive.

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 10:45 AM

Yes, I will try out as soon my render is done. Maybe others can try out too?

The tut I wrote was done in PP2012 but before SR3 came out. 

― Marcus Aurelius,

wimvdb ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 11:01 AM

I already reported it in Mantis

It indeed looks like a bug in sr3. It works in sr2.1

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 11:04 AM

Quote - I already reported it in Mantis

It indeed looks like a bug in sr3. It works in sr2.1

Thanks. I will make a note too.

― Marcus Aurelius,

ToxicWolf ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 2:29 PM

file_485506.jpg

I think you found a bug. The image above was before sr3 and the one below is the same pz3 file calculaed with sr3. Click to enlarge.

Poser Pro 2012 SR3

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Intel Core I7 990x 3.46G 6 core

24G RAM

EVGA GTX580 R Video Card

Single HP LP2475 1920x1200 monitor

http://www.toxicwolf.com

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2012 at 4:44 PM

in a way woop woop i found a bug but more booo i found a bug,lol... oh and who is mantis and how do i also go about reporting this bug to him?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.