Wed, Sep 18, 11:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 12:29 pm)

Subject: Apollo Maximus - Where is the Base Figure?

Agent0013 ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2012 at 2:18 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 1:26 PM

I'm having a bit of confusion concerning the Apollo Maximus figure and the supporting products for it. I recently downloaded all the required files and a few extra files for use in DAZ Studio 4. I did this because my collection of male figures is light, and the ones I have are scarce on clothing options. Michael 4 is the only fully male figure I have for DS, and the Genesis figure has limited male clothing options unless you pay an arm and a leg for the Genesis Super Suit, or buy the other male clothing for Genesis at the DAZ 3D store. There is clothing for sale for the M4 figure as well; however, I am very limited on funds for such things. This is why I decided to go for the Apollo Maximus figure, which has a large selection of clothing in all styles available.

After downloading the files I extracted them all before doing any installations, and as is my routine and habit, I explored the different folders to see what was in them. To my disappointment I found that there is no actual base figure that I can recognize as such. If one exists among these files, it is not readily obvious, and is listed with a nondescriptive name, (it does not have a name that indicates that this is the base figure). So I have morphs, materials, textures, UV maps, and clothing for the figure; yet as far as I can tell, no figure to apply them to. For this reason I have not installed anything yet, nor will I until I am sure that I have the base figure I need for all the other stuff.

If anybody knows about this figure and its supporting products, I would greatly appreciate any information concerning this matter. Someone that has the figure and uses it, or has done so in the past, would definitely be a plus for what I wish to know. If it turns out that the base figure is no longer available, I'll just have to delete all files associated with it and chalk it up to a great deal of time and effort wasted. Hopefully, that will not be neccessary. I plan to revisit the website right after I post this message to see if there is something I missed. If I cannot find a missed product, I will be referring back here to see what is being contributed to this thread.

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013.

26Fahrenheit ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2012 at 2:24 PM

i dont know much about the apollo figure, only that its old ..

but the Genesis figure is IMHO the most value figure ..if you have a lot older Daz clothes  for Freak3 D3 M3 H3 M4 H4 F4 ..they all fit to genesis ... so if you have clothes and many many older set are on sale all over the place . with Gn you have a gold mine..

Even free clothes for M3 M4 etc etc etc will fit Gn ..

HERE are my FREEBEE's

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2012 at 2:32 PM

You may need to re-download.  The figure itself is in the very first download pack that says "Download Apollo Maximus: Part 1"

It's under "Character"  and the filenames are !ApolloMaximus.cr2 and !ApolloMaximus.png

You did download from this site, correct?

http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/htmlpages/ApolloMaximusFree3dhumanfigure.htm

You need the password Anton has on the page.

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

PoppaC ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2012 at 3:51 PM

I have Apollo for some time now but I have yet ben able to dress him as part 4 has never been added to the download files and I think that it may have the needed "cr2" files that the clothing is missing. As I use DAZ3&4, Maximus will load just fine if anyone has the part 4 and or the cr2 files for the clothing, please list them here so at long last I can use him and dress him

Agent0013 ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2012 at 3:56 PM

Quote - You may need to re-download.  The figure itself is in the very first download pack that says "Download Apollo Maximus: Part 1"

It's under "Character"  and the filenames are !ApolloMaximus.cr2 and !ApolloMaximus.png

http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/htmlpages/ApolloMaximusFree3dhumanfigure.htm

As you say, I may need to download the file again, but I sure I downloaded Part 1 already. I'll check the folders again to see if the files you mentioned are there. If so, then the problem is solved and I will get right to work installing all files. I did download from the indicated website, and I do have the password Anton has provided.

Thank you for your quick and helpful response.

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013. 

Agent0013 ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2012 at 4:36 PM

Quote - i dont know much about the apollo figure, only that its old ..

but the Genesis figure is IMHO the most value figure ..if you have a lot older Daz clothes  for Freak3 D3 M3 H3 M4 H4 F4 ..they all fit to genesis ... so if you have clothes and many many older set are on sale all over the place . with Gn you have a gold mine..

Even free clothes for M3 M4 etc etc etc will fit Gn ..

As I stated, other than the Genesis base figure, I only have the M4 Base figure. Because of this, I have very little clothing for male characters, with most of it for the M4 character. I have a few shirts and some shoes and head gear for M4, but alas no pants. I always have to use the material that looks like it was painted onto the figure to make Mike appear to be wearing pants. Not very convincing to my eye. As for the Genesis character be able to wear the clothing of the older figures, I do know about that and have used the tool that does that. There are issues with it though that have to do with fit and pokethrough. I wind up spending a lot of time adjusting things. As of this posting the only long pair of pants I have for male figures in my library is the pants that came with the Sojourner content, (1 pair, which can be morphed to create a limited few different styles. So as you can see, I need a lot of extra clothing for my male characters. I have a couple hundred clothing items for my female characters of which I have (aside from Genesis) V3, V2-V3, V4.2, and A3-LE (I think). I also have the Pollygon figure, but no clothing for her.

If I can get Apollo Maximus into my library along with all of his supporting products, Ill at least have one male figure base that has a large wardrobe and prop collection. I'd love to have all of the other male figures you mentioned and the clothing for them. At this time though, I cannot afford them. Perhaps later on I'll be able to get them.

By the way, I checked out your free stuff, and I like it. What I want to know about it is what software is it compatible with? Can it be used with DAZ Studio 4, or perhaps Bryce 7? If so I plan to download some of it if not all.

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013.

Thank you for your response.

Agent0013 ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2012 at 4:51 PM

Quote - > Quote - You may need to re-download.  The figure itself is in the very first download pack that says "Download Apollo Maximus: Part 1"

As you say, I may need to download the file again, but I sure I downloaded Part 1 already. I'll check the folders again to see if the files you mentioned are there. If so, then the problem is solved and I will get right to work installing all files. I did download from the indicated website, and I do have the password Anton has provided.

Thank you for your quick and helpful response.

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013. 

Okay! I checked the folders for Part 1 again and the ApolloMaximus.cr2 and ApolloMaximus.png files are there. This means the problem is solved and I can get to work, (probably a couple of hours or so). Thank you a million times over and a billion over that. You have been a great help to me. I'll leave this thread open for now, so that I can inform all of you of my progress.

I think the community of artists is among the most friendly of them all!

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013.

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2012 at 5:06 PM

Yay!  Glad it's figured out.  Just one of those CIK (Clear if Known) things, right?

Enjoy him!

I think Apollo is still a fabulous figure, despite being a number of years old.  Wish Anton would re-appear and work more on him!!

Search in Renerosity freestuff and at ShareCG-you should find some free stuff for M4, Apollo and Genesis :)   All good characters!

Cheers,
Alisa

Agent0013 ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2012 at 5:41 PM

Quote - I have Apollo for some time now but I have yet ben able to dress him as part 4 has never been added to the download files and I think that it may have the needed "cr2" files that the clothing is missing. As I use DAZ3&4, Maximus will load just fine if anyone has the part 4 and or the cr2 files for the clothing, please list them here so at long last I can use him and dress him

So if you are correct about this, Part 4 is needed to make the clothing load onto the figure? If this is so, how are the clothes being loaded in the pictures I have looked at that are using the Apollo Maximus figure? 

I checked out some of the other websites that have rendered pictures of Apollo Maximus in several of his different clothing styles. So let's hope the Part 4 package is not needed for this. If it is, we need to know where to find it, as there has not been any new uploads to the site for a few years that I know of.

It must not be a neccessary file, because if it was, you would not be able to find new products for the figure. I know that there are several websites that offer products for this figure which have been produced in the last couple of years. This indicates to me that the character base can be dressed, and can be equipped with the many props available for it. 

At any rate, I plan to go ahead and install all of the content and then open DAZ Studio and test the products to see if they all work correctly. Once this is done, I will post a message here to let you know either way. If the content is useful, and I can figure it out, I think you and I will need to stay in contact so that we can figure out what you need to do.

This is something that if you are not doing it, you need to: The main readme file suggests that you keep it open as a reference guide until you get the hang of how the Apollo Maximus figure works. In addition to that, I would suggest that you open the other readme files as well and refer to them for added information that could be a help to you. Also, I think there are a few tutorials available that deal with Apollo Maximus. Perhaps you could do a search for them. I know that I will.

One thing I do know is that the readme for a product is usually provided so that the user can find the product and learn how it is used. Products that do not have readme files can be very difficult to work with. It took me six or seven months to find a product in my DAZ Studio content library one time because there was no readme file with it. I found it only by happening upon it during a separate project. So readme files are quite important to me, because they can mean the difference between getting a bad headache or not. 

Anyways, try the readme files and see if that helps, then let me know what the verdict is.

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013.

Agent0013 ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2012 at 5:52 PM

Quote - Yay!  Glad it's figured out.  Just one of those CIK (Clear if Known) things, right?

Enjoy him!

I think Apollo is still a fabulous figure, despite being a number of years old.  Wish Anton would re-appear and work more on him!!

Search in Renerosity freestuff and at ShareCG-you should find some free stuff for M4, Apollo and Genesis :)   All good characters!

You can bet I plan to do exactly that. The more I can find for my already installed and default male characters, the better. As I have said, (in so many words), I already have a ton of stuff for my female characters. Even though I like that, A world full of females is only half a world to me, unless that is what I am depicting at the time.

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013.

Agent0013 ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2012 at 8:57 PM

Here is a quick question if anyone can answer it: Does installation of the Apollo Maximus figure and content work in the same way as for other 3rd party content? My reason for asking is that there are no instructions for the installation that I can find. I search through all of the readme files, and even revisited the website to see if I could find instructions there. I don't want to install my figure and the content for it and be unable to use it. Knowing the correct folders to put the different files in can make all the difference. I have a lot of 3rd party Genesis clothing that won't load onto the figure, and I think it is because it isn't where it should be. I can access the content, but when I double click on it I get error messages. The same thing happens when I use the drag and drop onto the figure method. All of these files did not have installation instructions included in their readme files. I wish to avoid that with my Apollo Maximus products.

On another note, although this is a little off topic, I noticed that DAZ 3D is offering DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro for free now. My version is 4.0 Pro, which I upgraded to about three or four months ago. The latest version is supposed to be better suited for developers of products for the software, which kind of fits into my goal of becoming a content creator for DAZ Studio. So with that out, do you think it would be worth upgrading again so soon after my last upgrade? To my way of thinking, it couldn't hurt; but I have been wrong before. What do you folks think I should do?

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013.

P.S. I posted a similar query in the Helping DAZ Newbies thread of this forum. I await your answers as I sit on needles. 

PoppaC ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2012 at 9:10 PM

All that I have read is that 4.5 is not compatable with any other DAZ program. OK this means you can use all of your DAZ apps but you cannot have DAZ3 or DAZ4 on the same puter as DAZ4.5 and that DAZ5 may be out at anytime so it is up to you. as for me I am holding off 4.5 untill 5 is out.

I will also add that if you need other males STIX has a few also do a search on SG and Rend you will find lots of them

Agent0013 ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2012 at 10:27 PM

Quote - All that I have read is that 4.5 is not compatable with any other DAZ program. OK this means you can use all of your DAZ apps but you cannot have DAZ3 or DAZ4 on the same puter as DAZ4.5 and that DAZ5 may be out at anytime so it is up to you. as for me I am holding off 4.5 untill 5 is out.

I will also add that if you need other males STIX has a few also do a search on SG and Rend you will find lots of them

Thank for this answer. I have decided to go ahead with the download of 4.5. As for have more than one version on my computer I will be allowing the new vewrsion to take the place of the older one as I cannot spare the memory to have two or three versions. My reason for this is that I have several different art applications on my computer, all of which I use on a regular basis. Aside from DS4 Pro, I have Bryce 7 Pro and Hexagon 2.5 Pro from DAZ 3D, Blender 2.63a, Wings3D, Project Dogwaffle, UVMapper, and Gimp 2.8. You could also include the default Windows Paint, and Microsoft Office PowerPoint. There is a limited application that comes from Kodak for photo and image manipulation which I rarely use since I get far better results from my other programs.

So as you can see, I am an artist that likes to use several applications for my work. I might create a model in one program, export it to a separate one for mapping and texturing, another to apply decals and paint schemes, and another to create the scene and render it. I do this because certain operations work better in in certain programs than in others. Of course I am still learning with many of them. Even so I am already creating some pretty fantastic stuff. As for characters, I mostly rely on DAZ Studio, as I am not yet proficient enough to create my own, with a few exceptions when the character is a creature from my own imagination.

Anyways, I think I had already made my decision before posting the question. I just had a few trepidations about it as I am sometimes likely to have. It helps to post questions about such things, because it makes me think more clearly on the subject weighing the pros and cons involved. 

I will check out the sites you mentioned in my search for more male figures. Thank you for giving me the heads up on them. My general searches have not turned any of them up, so you have done me a great service.

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013.

Agent0013 ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2012 at 11:18 PM

To PoppaC: I went looking for the sites you mentioned but found nothing related to art aside from a font application that works with MSO Word (STIX). I am assuming that the other two sites are in reality ShareCG and Renderosity in that order. All the male figures I have found on these two are actually morphs for existing character bases, a few of which I have already acquired. As for actual character bases that are not morphs of others, I have not seen any on either website.

I did acquire a female character base from Most Digital Creations named Pollygon, which does load into the scene in DAZ Studio, and can be posed, but I have no clothing for her, and I suspect that I would need to take her into one of my Modelling programs, such as Blender, to create clothing for her and then rig the clothing to work with her poses.

In regards to your mention of STIX; If you would provide a bit of clarification as to the actual name of the site, or a link, if that is allowed, I might be able to find the site.  I am pretty sure that the site you are referring to does not have anything to do with fonts, which we all know is just alphabetic letter styles. 

In the meantime, I'll work at getting Apollo Maximus installed, and installing the latest version of DAZ Studio. 

By the way, if DS5 is due to be released soon, I will probably be unable to get it, as it will most likely carry a hefty price tag. I will just have to wait until it is offered for free. I would like to hear from you once you have it so that you can tell us what you think about it.

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013.

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 07 September 2012 at 11:35 PM

You can have DS 3 and DS 4.5 on the computer at the same time, but not 4 and 4.5, since they're the same number version if that makes sense.  There are changes in 4.5 - new file formats that makes scenes saved there incompatible with previous version.  I just changed my OS and am about to install 4.5.

As for Apollo, you do NOT need #4 to have clothing, there's lots of it in the other packs.  Anton just didn't finish some of the things he'd planned for #4.  Be sure to scroll down the download page for other items made by various people.

Installing Apollo - I don't recall doing anything special other than copying the items into the correct folders in your runtime.  You shouldn't move the Geometry or Texture files (you can, but you'd have to edit other files) but any files in the "libraries" folder can be put anywhere you want within the libraries folder.

Be sure to read the readme files that come with the packs, too.

Cheers,
Alisa

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 11:42 AM · edited Sat, 08 September 2012 at 11:45 AM

Quote - You can have DS 3 and DS 4.5 on the computer at the same time, but not 4 and 4.5, since they're the same number version if that makes sense.  There are changes in 4.5 - new file formats that makes scenes saved there incompatible with previous version.  I just changed my OS and am about to install 4.5.

As for Apollo, you do NOT need #4 to have clothing, there's lots of it in the other packs.  Anton just didn't finish some of the things he'd planned for #4.  Be sure to scroll down the download page for other items made by various people.

Installing Apollo - I don't recall doing anything special other than copying the items into the correct folders in your runtime.  You shouldn't move the Geometry or Texture files (you can, but you'd have to edit other files) but any files in the "libraries" folder can be put anywhere you want within the libraries folder.

Be sure to read the readme files that come with the packs, too.

Thankyou Alisa. As I thought, #4 is not a required file. I was pretty sure of this because of all the pictures I had seen that have Apollo in them. I do plan to get the other content you have suggested whith the possible exception of certain packs I would never use. 

You are right about the readme files. I always read them, and as the main readme file suggests, I will keep it open, as well as any others I may need to have open, while working with the figure. I can copy and paste all of them into one Word document, which I can save as a PDF file, with internal links created to allow me to quickly access any section I need to look at. Of course this will require some work, but when it is completed it will be a great learning tool.

On installing the files, I have a routine already set up that works well with most products. The exception is the products made for Genesis, which I need to delete from the folders I have them in, and then install into the correct ones. I found the correct path I need for them at Share CG. At least I hope the path is correct.

Concerning 4.5 Pro, Installing it is now my first priority. Once that is done I will get to work on the other stuff. It will take a good bit more time to do all that needs doing; and at the same time, I have to attend to other tasks that pertain to life itself, such as cooking, cleaning, and so forth. In regards to DS 3, I have never had it, all of mine have been versions of DS 4, with 4.5 Pro being the new version that I am about to install. It will detect the presence of my existing version and will facilitate the replacement task.

I hope my new version is the 64 bit version for Windows, as the 32 bit version will only use 2 gigs of RAM for rendering even if you have more processing power. I learned about this from the DAZ 3D website.

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013.

Alisa ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 12:40 PM

In your downloads at Daz, there should be separate downloads for 32 and 64 bit.  I never used DS 3 either :)  I've used Poser for years, and just started using DS with version 4.

Sounds like you're getting very organized!!!

Have fun :) :)

Cheers,
Alisa

PoppaC ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 1:17 PM

Sorry about the spelling but the site is SIXUS1.com If you look it up I am sure you will fine somthing you may need,  they work in DAZ4 so they should work in any DAZ 

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 3:58 PM

Quote - Sorry about the spelling but the site is SIXUS1.com If you look it up I am sure you will fine somthing you may need,  they work in DAZ4 so they should work in any DAZ 

Thanks for the info. As for the spelling, you have nothing to worry about. We all make mistakes, (and I am one of the world's worst). I treat the mistakes of others as I wish they would treat mine. That is to say, I ask questions to get clarification. It is not meant to offend; rather it is to give someone the chance to make corrections and fix the problem. You have done exactly that, and I commend you for it.

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013.

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 4:09 PM

Quote - In your downloads at Daz, there should be separate downloads for 32 and 64 bit.  I never used DS 3 either :)  I've used Poser for years, and just started using DS with version 4.

Sounds like you're getting very organized!!!

Have fun :) :)

My download was actually from the promotional page, and it came in a zip file that had to be extracted. Both versions were inside so I was able to install the 64 bit version. Of course I had to go back to DAZ 3D and actually add 4.5 Pro to my cart and check out to get the serial #. All of that is done now. 

As for installing my Apollo Maximus figure and the associated content, I am going to have to wait a little longer to do so, (life things happening you know).  I am so itching to see what I can do with it. Oh well!

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013.

Alisa ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 6:16 PM

You'll get to it evenutally :)

It's always best to "buy" the free software at Daz anyway, because then it's in your order history and you can just redownload it if need be.

Cheers,
Alisa

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 7:12 PM

Quote - You'll get to it evenutally :)

It's always best to "buy" the free software at Daz anyway, because then it's in your order history and you can just redownload it if need be.

You're right about that. I did discover though that in order to keep all of your orders on record at DAZ 3D, you have to make sure to use the same email address every time. There may be a way around that but I have not found it. The reason I know about this is because my orders from back when my email address was different do not show in my order history at DAZ 3D. By the same token, none of my orders using my current address show in the history of my former address. I think if you could find the place where you can change the address at DAZ 3D, your history would remain the same for the new address as it was for the old one.

My way around this is to place all of my DAZ products into a special folder and move it onto one of my external harddrives. I have one that has 320 gigs and one that has a terrabyte of memory. If anything happens that deletes certain files or corrupts them I can reinstall from the externals. I double backup nearly all of my important files on a regular basis.

I started using a new address when my old one got hacked by somebody who started posting email with malware piggybacked on it to several of my friends. When that happened I told everybody to ignore emails from that address as it could not be trusted. I won't access it myself for fear that malware will attack my PC. Thankfully, I now have Microsoft Security Essentials, Glary Utilities, and C Cleaner; all very effective protection software. Enough said.

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013.

Alisa ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 10:04 PM

Just go to "My Account" and then "Account Information".  You should be able to change your address there.  I'd contact support (by phone if possible) to see if they can combine the different addresses you have already. 

Cheers,
Alisa

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sat, 08 September 2012 at 11:53 PM

Quote - Just go to "My Account" and then "Account Information".  You should be able to change your address there.  I'd contact support (by phone if possible) to see if they can combine the different addresses you have already. 

I would do that, but I would need to use my old address to switch everything over to the new one, and I know there is malware attached to the old one. I wish to stay as far from that as I can get. Even so, I really don't need to access the old account, since my first version of DS4 is no longer needed. It was the main thing on that account. The other products that were on it have successfully been moved to the new DS4.5 software, and as I have said I have backup files of them on externals. I know they will install if I need them to because I had to do this a couple of times already. Praise be for the backup files.

Anyway, I got Apollo Maximus installed and it is working beautifully. The clothing loads onto the figure okay, although I have to use the "fit to" feature in the parameters tab. There is a slight amount of poke through with a couple of the shirts, but that is easy enough to fix with some localized scaling.

I have already done a scene using him and Victoria 3 in a stand off confrontational situation. For a background I used one I created in Bryce 7 Pro. I saved it in .bmp format, because my post production software that I plan to use for it is Project Dogwaffle which only recognizes .bmp and Targa. After the post production tweaking is done, Ill take it to PowerPoint where I can put my logo on it and save it in the .jpg format that is required for uploading to Renderosity's forums.

One quick question about uploading pictures here. How large can the picture be? I am asking because this one is 4000 X 2250, has an aspect ratio of 16:9. I use that ratio a lot because it fits the aspect ratio of many widescreen monitors. Also the large size looks really great on my large screen TV. If that is too large to upload here, I can reduce the size to one that will be acceptable.

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013. 

tparo ( ) posted Sun, 09 September 2012 at 6:29 AM

In Daz you can use the smoothing option to sort out poke, through it sometimes explods the article but usually works better than scaleing.

Regarding Genesis and clothes, you can only autofit Gen 3 items if you have the Gen 3 clones (ie the shapes sold at Daz).

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sun, 09 September 2012 at 10:58 AM

Quote - In Daz you can use the smoothing option to sort out poke, through it sometimes explods the article but usually works better than scaleing.

Regarding Genesis and clothes, you can only autofit Gen 3 items if you have the Gen 3 clones (ie the shapes sold at Daz).

I haven't had any real problems with the scaling method. The Mech Girl clothing for Aiko 3 loads onto the figure with a few pokethrough issues, but I just go to the Shaping tab, find the area that needs fixing, enter my scale values in the X, Y, & Z sliders, and it's done. I know the values by heart now because I've worked with the Mech Girl package a lot.

I'm in the process of creating my own materials and textures for the Mech Girl suit, although so far I'm still a bit fuzzy on how to use the UV maps for this. I may decide to create my own UV maps. That is something I am in the process of learning to do, at which I am having a modest amount of success.

As for the Gen 3 clones you mentioned, I think I may already have them for some of my generation 3 clothing, A3 and V3. I don't have any clothing for any of the other generation 3 characters because I don't have those characters. I know I have the V4.2 and M4 autofit for Genesis, and while I have a lot of clothing for V4.2, I have very little for M4.

I think I read somewhere online that clothing made for characters that are in the same generation can be used for any of those characters. If this is true, I will try finding clothing made for the other generation 4 male characters to use with M4. If it does not work, at least I'll know that I tried. I'm also going to put in a search for M4 clothing again.

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013.

tparo ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2012 at 4:11 AM

M4 can wear H4 and Freak 4 clothes.

V4 can wear S4, SF4, A4 and Girl 4 clothes.

If you have the Gen 3 body shapes and clones then you shouldn't be getting much pokethrough when Autofitting Gen 3 clothes. Unless you are using extreme morphs.

You really should try the smoothing modifyer its very very useful.

Some M4 clothes links

http://www.sharecg.com/v/47578/browse/11/Poser/M4-Eagle-Cape

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=63535

http://www.sharecg.com/v/53731/view/11/Poser/M4-Mach-1.6-Free-Bodysuit

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=66816

http://www.sharecg.com/v/60318/browse/11/Poser/Mens-Gloves-for-M4

http://www.sharecg.com/v/50658/

http://shop.poseraddicts.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=2662

http://www.sharecg.com/v/30237/Poser/Fable-For-M4

Agent0013 ( ) posted Mon, 10 September 2012 at 10:50 PM

Quote - M4 can wear H4 and Freak 4 clothes.

If you have the Gen 3 body shapes and clones then you shouldn't be getting much pokethrough when Autofitting Gen 3 clothes. Unless you are using extreme morphs.

Some M4 clothes links

Thanks for all these links. I think some of them are already in my collection and there are some I did not get because they don't fit into the themes I have in mind. Maybe down the road I will have something I can use them for. As for the others, I'll look into them. 

On the subject of the Gen3 Clones, I don't have them. I checked the DAZ 3D Store to see what I could find, and what there is has a cost beyond my ability to pay at this time, so I'll have to do with what I have for now. 

I will see about grabbing some of the Hiro 4 and Freak 4 freebies to use on Michael 4. It will at least give me a few extra options in clothing for him. I am also looking into creating some M4 clothing of my own in Hexagon or Blender. I understand that both have rigging tools so that you can rig the clothing to conform to a figure's movement. They also have UV mapping tools that can be used to create UV maps for the model, which can be imported into a paint program to create the textures and materials. These are all things I am in the process of learning to do.

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013. 

Agent0013 ( ) posted Tue, 11 September 2012 at 1:04 AM

Quote - > Quote - M4 can wear H4 and Freak 4 clothes.

Some M4 clothes links

Thanks for all these links. I think some of them are already in my collection and there are some I did not get because they don't fit into the themes I have in mind. Maybe down the road I will have something I can use them for. As for the others, I'll look into them. 

On the subject of the Gen3 Clones, I don't have them. I checked the DAZ 3D Store to see what I could find, and what there is has a cost beyond my ability to pay at this time, so I'll have to do with what I have for now. 

I will see about grabbing some of the Hiro 4 and Freak 4 freebies to use on Michael 4. It will at least give me a few extra options in clothing for him. I am also looking into creating some M4 clothing of my own in Hexagon or Blender. I understand that both have rigging tools so that you can rig the clothing to conform to a figure's movement. They also have UV mapping tools that can be used to create UV maps for the model, which can be imported into a paint program to create the textures and materials. These are all things I am in the process of learning to do.

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013. 

Thanks for all these links.  I checked them out, and downloaded most of them. The Poser Addicts site provided several for M4 plus a few I got for V4. If you can provide a few more, it will be appreciated as well. You just increased my collection by several times what I did have for M4. I'm looking into finding stuff for the other Gen4 male figures also since most of it should work with M4 also.Stay awesome!

Agent 0013.

evilded777 ( ) posted Wed, 19 September 2012 at 6:52 PM

Poserworld.

Best bang for your buck anywhere, and Steve makes NORMAL, everyday clothes for all the guys (well, no genesis or M5).

Agent0013 ( ) posted Wed, 19 September 2012 at 10:53 PM

Okay, I'll head on over there and see what is available. Thanks for the suggestion.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.