Fri, Oct 4, 12:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 6:00 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Free Bodymorphs for Cynthia 1.0 from BVh3d.com

Jules53757 ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2012 at 2:06 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 10:28 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_487876.jpg

I just uploaded a set of Bodymorphs for Cynthia 1.0 to the freestuff. They are also available at ShareCG:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/65216/browse/11/Poser/Bodymorphs-for-free-Cynthia-from-Bvh3d.com

Have fun

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

PoppaC ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2012 at 10:09 PM

Nice model and that bass will load   but the this morph pac does not load it goes through all the loading steps but there is nothing there to put the morhps to use sorry it may be my systenm but I am unable to change anything but the bassics, tested it in poser 7, daz3, daz 4.5 any and all help is welcomed

infinity10 ( ) posted Sun, 21 October 2012 at 11:52 PM

The creator of Cynthia has filed a DCMA complaint about this item, if you see his comments under the ShareCG page for it, and he says he has taken action to prevent the use of the morphs in the base figure.  

Eternal Hobbyist

Jules53757 ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2012 at 11:18 AM

Why is he complaining? Is it prohibited to make free stuff for a free stuff? If one reads the Readme, nothing is stated that one should not create free stuff for this figure.

And, to be honest, as the morphs are based on magnets its no problem, to rebuild the morphs on a modified mesh within minutes. So what.

This community is based on people who sell stuff and others that create free stuff even for commercial products. As long as there are no copyright violations this should be OK or am I wrong?

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

jonnybode ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2012 at 11:46 AM

Dont see it as you have done anything wrong,  you created a morph pack and gave it to the community.

Me i bought the the full version of Cynthia from BVH and I see your morphs as a nice complement to the ones included in the figure.

If there is a free base there vill be freebie morph packs created by the community, happend to Daz V3 and V4,no problem.

I understand that BVH is upset as he thinks it will have an impact on the sales on the full figure but on the other hand its kinda flattering to have morph packs created for a figure you created, means that people thinks its good enough to make freebies for.

• it will direct people to the store to buy clothes etc... and as the c lothes contain BVH's morphs they will fork out money for the full figure.

Jules53757 ( ) posted Mon, 22 October 2012 at 11:52 AM

Now he is on the way that no one should create freebies, clothes, morphs and so on, for Cynthia, the best way to kill a figure. OK, it's his game.

Ulli

smallspace ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2012 at 1:10 PM

I think this is a bit of a distortion of BVH's position. He's not at all against people creating morphs or clothing or any other type of freebies. He actually welcomes them. The issues here are whether or not these are actually your original morphs and also whether you used the pay version of Cynthia to make morphs for the free version.

You have to admit, creating over 40 original morphs for a figure in a matter of days is unlikely, and the fact that they are all the same morphs that are found on V4 is disturbing. If DAZ found that V4 was used in any way to create these morphs...such as transferring them from V4 to Cynthia using Dimension3D's Morph Cloth program, for instance...then there could be trouble.

Currently, there are differences in the geometry of the free version and the pay version of Cynthia. Morphs created for one will not work on the other. If you wish to create fully original morphs for the free version of Cynthia, you are welcome to, but you'll need to actually use the free version to create them and they will not work on the pay version.

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

Jules53757 ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2012 at 2:49 PM

Well, I created them based on the free version and, they are not transferred from V4. If you check out my free stuff you'll find the same morphs for Athena 2, which has nearly the same shape as Cynthia so I could use the existing Magnets again. Even with the new mesh for the free version it would take me only a few hours, to create the morphs again but, when I decide to do this, be ensured, I'll do even morphs for the private parts of the figure as I did for other figures by moving some vertices.

As I read here, the morphs worked also on the commercial version but I cant prove it. If you check out other morphsets for e. g. Miki or G2, you'll find nearly all the morphs you'll find in V4. The naming of the morphs is something like a standard.

BTW, your statement about his support for freebies for the free version is not correct. If you read the ReadMe of the actual version:

".. Cynthia 1.0 Base may NOT be used to create 3rd party content - eg: bodymorphs, textures and characters that circumvent the need to purchase the full Cynthia version ..."

This guy is trying to turn the rules of the Poser community upside down and, at the end he will kill his own figure, but thats his game. 

Ulli

PoppaC ( ) posted Tue, 23 October 2012 at 4:47 PM

For those of us who do not or canot creat morphs this is a sad loss.  I got the free bass becouse of the morphs knowing I would have to get paid items to use with it, but if you can not use the morphs,  why get anything? I was hopeing that I would be able to do some great art.  I for one am pleased  that someone would take the time to creat items that we can use in our work.  I  have the model and perhaps one day I will find a use for it, but it would have been so nice to use the model as "I" would like.  I do not use Poser, though I do have it, and I have used DAZ3d for a verylong time to creat ART, not make parts, I have not the time or or skills to do so and rely on good people to creat the models, morphs, clothing etc... etc... I need.  Please do not let this set-back prevent you from being creative, your work is dearly needed if by you or me but others as well.  In short  "Thanks for your hard work"

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Mon, 29 October 2012 at 2:30 AM · edited Mon, 29 October 2012 at 2:32 AM

Jules's morphs still work in the paid figure, which is only $9.99 - very inexpensive for a full figure. The paid version includes some very nice morphs. Totally worth it in my opinion.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.