Wed, Sep 18, 11:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 12:29 pm)

Subject: Genesis Supersuit for DAZ Studio

Agent0013 ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2012 at 8:14 PM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 9:36 PM

I have DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro. I want to purchase the new Supersuit for the Genesis figure base. The reason is because of all that can be done with it by way of creating my own fantasy and science fiction clothing outfits for my Genesis characters. I think it is awesome that one product can be used to create unlimited looks.

I would like to get a discussion going concerning the pros and cons of the product. Things like whether there are extra things required to make the product work, or can it be used alone to create what I want to make? From what I am seeing with the basic product, it comes with a lot of stuff including a large texture and material library.

I welcome any and all comments, whether for, or against, or on the fence for this product. Suggestions, advice, and how to information will also be welcome.

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013.

PickledPapaya ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2012 at 8:04 AM

There is a lot of add-ons...which you can see as good or bad.  I bought and returned it, cause I realized you could not make some standard golden age style suits with the base product only...and $$$ would add up.

There are a lot of other suits out there that cost nothing, that had what I needed.

I have seen some cool renders of it though!

Agent0013 ( ) posted Fri, 02 November 2012 at 7:46 PM · edited Fri, 02 November 2012 at 7:55 PM

I checked out some reviews and so far they have been pretty positive. I also looked in on the threads over at the DAZ 3D forums. I noted that one of them is from one of the members of Renderosity. This person is not happy with the product. Most of the other people posting are not saying much about it that is negative. I think it boils down to what each artist is looking for, and how they like to do their work. No one product can meet everyone's requirements, but it can meet the requirements of many.

I understand if it is not quite what you want, PickledPapaya. For me, a person who is not looking for any special look for my characters, it might be perfect. I am an artist who likes to create my own looks and styles. I don't want to create generic versions of characters like Batman, Superman, Spiderman, and the Hulk. I want my characters to be unique unto themselves. Many of my characters would not be super at all, no powers or special abilities, no special training; just characters that fit into the graphic tales I am writing. I'm not saying that you should reconsider. If it does not meet your requirements, you must do what you need to do. I wish you the best in all of your endeavors.

At any rate, based on what I have read online concerning the product, I am going to go for it. I will begin with the basic package only for now, as I have limited funds that prevent me from acquiring any of the add on packages. Even so, I have learned that the shaders that come with it are not all that can be used with it. Other shaders can be used that are from other sources. Likewise, the Supersuit shaders can be used with unrelated products. This to me is a plus which I did not expect.

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013.

tparo ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2012 at 5:21 AM · edited Sat, 03 November 2012 at 5:26 AM

The shaders that come with the suit sre very worth having I use them alot on other things.

I have the bundle so I don't know what comes with the basic, but as you have noted other shaders can be used on it.

If you need any help just ask.

It has an enormous amount of mat zones which can be confusing, using the surface selection tool is usually the best way to deal with them.

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2012 at 8:37 AM

@ tparo: Thanks for the help offer. I''ll probably need it as it's a new product and getting familiar with it will most likely be a bit of a pain. I think it will be worth it all in the end. 

I'm a bit jealous that you have the bundle. I cannot get it because my funds are well below the cost. So I have to buy the basic package and get the add ons when my funds will allow. Of course by then maybe Ill know my way around the suit. I plan to find 3rd party products for the Supersuit in the meantime. ShareCG has some already from what I have seen. I'm sure there are some available here at Renderosity too.

**Just to inform everybody I am posting what is included with the basic package: **

What's Included & Features - Basic Suit (.DSF)

• 29 Adjustment Morphs
  • Supersuit (.DSF)
    • 5 Full Body Controls
  • 24 Head and Face Controls
  • 39 Upper Body Controls
  • 29 Lower Body Controls
  • 28 Adjustment Morphs
  • Supersuit Presets: (.DSA)
    • 10 Full Character Presets:
    • 2 Fantasy
  • 2 Sci-Fi
  • 6 SuperHero
  • 79 Shape Presets:
    • 8 Basic
  • 2 Fantasy
  • 1 Sci-Fi
  • 5 Superhero
  • 5 Full Body
  • 17 Head and Face
  • 21 lower Body
  • 20 Upper Body
  • 46 Material Presets
    • 2 Fantasy
  • 2 Sci-Fi
  • 6 Superhero
  • 36 Visibility Presets by Khory
  • Genesis Presets: (.DSA)
    • 9 Visibility Presets
  • 53 Shader Presets: (.DSA)
    • 19 Shader Presets by RL
  • 24 Shader Presets by Fisty
  • 10 Shader Presets by LaFille
  • 14 Presets for Creating Your Own Thumbnails
  • Textures Include:
    • 72 Assorted Maps up to 2000 x 2000
  • Characters Included:
    • Fantasy
    • Adventurer
  • Crusader
  • Hero - Captain Champion
  • Champ Jr.
  • Powerslide
  • Ranger - Camo
  • Stinger
  • Sci-Fi
    • Cyborg Surge
  • Cyborg

Stay awesome!

Agent 0013.

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2012 at 9:52 AM

Just to update the situation I am in at this time:

I went to DAZ 3D to purchase the Supersuit. After going through all the steps to add a new card for payment, I get the "Transaction Denied" message. I know the money is on the card, (a prepaid Visa), but when I went to see what my balance is, it is showing a negative amount. Currently I am trying to get this problem resolved. This is yet another hoop I have to jump through, which I think should not be happening. There is something bogus going on; and you can bet when I get it fixed, I will no longer be purchasing or reloading any prepaid cards at the store chain I got this one from.

At least for now I cannot get the Supersuit yet. This is frustrating to say the least. I am so anxious to dig into the product and see what I can do with it. Hopefully my problem will be resolved within a few days, and I'll be able to go ahead and buy it.

Wish me luck!

Agent 0013.

tparo ( ) posted Sat, 03 November 2012 at 3:50 PM

Good luck. Sounds a bit of a mess hope you get it sorted swiftly and easily.

ldgilman ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2012 at 5:05 PM

You may want to consider Pay Pal, it does not cost me anything. I use it exclusivly for all my Rosity / DAZ payments. I put in just enough to cover my costs. I feel safer doing it that way.

Agent0013 ( ) posted Sun, 04 November 2012 at 5:20 PM · edited Sun, 04 November 2012 at 5:22 PM

Thanks for the advice ldgilman. I tried it once before but could not get it to work for me. I think it's probably because of me rather than Pay Pal. At any rate, the money is already on the card so I have to work with what I have for now. I'm planning to call the company tomorrow if the problem has not yet been resolved. Don't want to jump in their throats but I'll do whatever it takes.

Agent0013 ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2012 at 2:05 PM

Update: I finally got the card problem resolved. I have already purchased the Genesis Supersuit basic package, and installed it. I have yet to open DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro to see what can be done with it. As soon as I post this comment, I'm going to look into it.

I will probably be relying on help from all of my friends here and elsewhere to learn the ins and outs of the product.

I don't mind telling you all "I'm Happy Now!"

Stay Awesome!

Agent0013.

Agent0013 ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2012 at 7:18 PM · edited Mon, 05 November 2012 at 7:21 PM

I tried the suit out and got a render done. I'll upload the image as soon as I get it to an acceptable size. 

I still don't know how to use the shaders. Perhaps someone here can help me with this?

Any advice, links to tutorials, or suggestions will be most appreciated.

Agent0013 ( ) posted Mon, 05 November 2012 at 7:34 PM · edited Mon, 05 November 2012 at 7:35 PM

file_488321.jpg

Here it is!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.