Sat, Sep 21, 2:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Vue 11 Illumination Caching

penboack ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2012 at 9:09 AM · edited Wed, 10 July 2024 at 10:54 PM

Does anyone know where the settings relating to this are to be found?

I can't find any "Illumination Caching" settings in the Vue 11 Infinite Preview release.

For me this has the potential to be one of the most useful new features in Vue 11 saving a huge amount of time when rendering animations.

I looked at the manual, but there is no mention in the index, or for that matter in the new features section. In fact the manual only seems to have been partially updated from 10.5.

http://penboa.deviantart.com/

Mazak ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2012 at 11:48 AM

file_488334.jpg

Indirect Lighting Solution is now "Animation friendly".

Instead of computing indirect lighting for each frame, the lighting is calculated once at the beginning, re-used in subsequent frames, and dynamically refined as new parts of the scene are uncovered. This results in a higher quality, more stable indirect lighting solution.

(This information is not in pre-release manual available)

Mazak :)

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

penboack ( ) posted Tue, 06 November 2012 at 4:03 PM

Thanks,

I finally managed to download and install the release version early this evening.

The manual has been updated since the Preview version and contains more information on page 218.

It appears to be as simple as checking the "Re-use indirect lighting" checkbox. We shall see!

http://penboa.deviantart.com/

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.