Sun, Oct 6, 8:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Poser Pro 2010 - Library problem

Vially ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2012 at 10:01 PM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 3:40 AM

file_489396.png

Anyone have any ideas why my Poser Pro 2010 library is no longer showinghte folder icons?

Also, when I select a button across the top, the "selected" button changes to a broken image icon...

This started happening as of today, no changes to system or configuration.

See Attached image for example, and Thanks in advance.

V

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2012 at 10:18 PM

Check for updates to adobe air as well as for your graphic accelerator card device driver.

Close down and re-launch Poser.

Slide the vertical bar towards the right, so you can see the other broken icons to the right of each content name in the left section.

Click on a broken icon on the right of each content name (not to the left !).  That should refresh the icons for that content folder.  Depending on how large your library is, it may take a while to spawn the icons.

Eternal Hobbyist

Vially ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2012 at 10:56 PM

Thanks Infinity, graphic driver is up to date, adobe air needed updating, however this has not resolved the "broken" Icons.

Other ideas?

bagginsbill ( ) posted Tue, 11 December 2012 at 11:43 PM

Those category icons are from the old UI long before Poser Pro 2010.

If I were to guess? You copied an old runtime on top of the current one. If so, you should re-install.

Never - ever - copy Poser runtimes onto newer versions.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Vially ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 9:38 AM

Yeah I was thinking a re-install might resolve... BIG hasstle, but may be the only resolution...

Now, think it might work to re-install over the top of the current installation? Hate to think the 20+ gig of contant has to be gone through... AGAIN :D

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 10:06 AM

You shouldn't be installing/copying content into the application runtime anyway.  Linking is the recommended option.  Reinstallation should only replace application files, everything else should be safe.

Vially ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 10:07 AM

thanks hborrre - going to try the reinstall... :::Sigh:::

Vially ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 11:42 AM

Re-install resolved it, thanks everyone, I appreciate the feedback

edgeverse ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2012 at 12:17 PM

I wish poser didnt have that countdown library thing going on.

3D Digital Comics & Art/My homepage
http://www.edgeversemedia.com

wimvdb ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2012 at 12:51 PM

Quote - I wish poser didnt have that countdown library thing going on.

Turn OFF "Reopen Folders" in the library preferences

edgeverse ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2012 at 10:05 PM

Quote - > Quote - I wish poser didnt have that countdown library thing going on.

Turn OFF "Reopen Folders" in the library preferences

Whoa, thank you.

3D Digital Comics & Art/My homepage
http://www.edgeversemedia.com

Bothellite ( ) posted Sat, 22 December 2012 at 10:05 PM

My resources were not appearing in Poser Pro 2012 -- all of a sudden. It said to dowload the latest version with a link that didn't work very well..  on the troubles went.

If anybody is having trouble updating Flash player there are some real problems updating in both IE and Firebox.  I searched and searched, Googling and Bing'ing...

This install worked FINALLY, after all kind of "time out" failures.

This install does not depend on Active X.

http://ezref.info/Download+Timeout+at+12%25+when+downloading+Adobe+Flash+Player.html

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.