Wed, Oct 9, 4:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: What is animation? duh

mysticeagle ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 7:32 AM · edited Wed, 09 October 2024 at 2:36 AM

I know it's a stupid question, but it intrigues me that some people consider a good crafted scene, good cameras, good lights etc, second class , IF...... you didnt create all the mesh models from scratch. I often wonder if you have no chance in animation contests if you didn't knock it all together, rather than using presets......Personally I'd rather see great use of the stuff that's out there, than home made stuff unless it's really high quality. Any thoughts on the subject?

OS: Windows7 64-bit Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)  6GB Ram
Poser: Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 ...Poser 8.........Poser5 on a bad day........
Daz Studio Pro 4.5  64bit

Carrara beta 8.5

Modelling: Silo/Hexagon/Groboto V3
Image Editing: PSP V9/Irfanview
Movie Editing. Cyberlink power director/Windows live movie maker

"I live in an unfinished , poorly lit box, but we call it home"

My freestuff   

link via my artist page

poisinivy ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2012 at 10:52 PM · edited Wed, 12 December 2012 at 10:56 PM

I think you have to look at the big picture when it comes to animation , even when it comes to short films

If you ever noticed that even Pixar and Dreamworks have a mass amount of people working for them creating full leanth and short animation films. they have Actors& actresses,direcotrs and storyboard artist. modelers, animators , lighting, sounds people etc. some of thier scenes & models even come from out side third party sources.

Animation production is , well a production..lol and a lot of effort to create a film people like, so when it comes to just one person creating animation  you need to take from outside resources and buy models and such or spend 5 years making the film.

I think anyone can accomplish a good animation with any software if giving enough time and practice.

I can animate with daz and poser much better than in 3DS and Maya, But I can build models in 3DS and that is what I have practiced with. so really its what you are use to working with.

The trouble begins when showing your single person produced amature film to people who really know nothing about animation or what is involved to create it.  they watch & Judge peoples films created  with poser & Daz software and expect it to be the same quality results as a large studio company employing 100's of people. will millons in budget.

I've been creating animation for abouht 2 years with varing software and my thought is this, if I enjoy creating the film and its something i'm not ashamed to show my family then its a good enough for everyone else.

As you know everyone is a critic :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.