Wed, Sep 18, 10:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: rotate map 45 degrees

cfpage ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2013 at 11:38 AM · edited Sun, 15 September 2024 at 9:04 PM

how do I rotate the weave map 45 degress, or any other procedure map

I thought I saw this before but now that I need it cant find it.

poser 7

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 13 February 2013 at 1:49 PM

This question has come up before, but I do not remember that an anwser was given.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Cage ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2013 at 2:37 PM

file_491628.txt

I'm not sure whether it can be done with the 2Dweave node, but one should be able to adapt Bagginsbill's stripes material for the purpose.

https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/free-stuff/stripes

I sort of created a weave-like effect for a procedural rope shader, using the BB stripes as a basis.  Here's what I have for that.  It's a bit messy, unfortunately.  😊  Remove the ".txt" extension when saving the file.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

cfpage ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2013 at 3:48 PM

Quote - I'm not sure whether it can be done with the 2Dweave node, but one should be able to adapt Bagginsbill's stripes material for the purpose.

https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/free-stuff/stripes

I sort of created a weave-like effect for a procedural rope shader, using the BB stripes as a basis.  Here's what I have for that.  It's a bit messy, unfortunately.  😊  Remove the ".txt" extension when saving the file.

thank for response, I search the forum and had found your rope post, also did runtime dna but nothing, guess I will just have to use an image

millighost ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2013 at 5:37 AM

file_491646.jpg

You can try it like this for a quick and dirty solution. It has some numeric problems for texture coordinates with u or v near zero because of the division needed though, so the pattern looks distorted at the the places around u=0 or v=0, but i do not think anything better is possible.

cfpage ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2013 at 12:57 PM

file_491653.jpg

> Quote - You can try it like this for a quick and dirty solution. It has some numeric problems for texture coordinates with u or v near zero because of the division needed though, so the pattern looks distorted at the the places around u=0 or v=0, but i do not think anything better is possible.

thanks for the mat. it was for a test at making fishnet type materials, you did actualy rotate the weave 45,

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2013 at 2:20 PM

yes, that looks good, milli.  in special case where angle = 45 deg and (u,v) origin is in  centre of map, rather than upper left corner:

u' = usqrt(2) - vsqrt(2)
v' = usqrt(2) + vsqrt(2)

but this likely applies to nodes with (u,v) value or position channels, as opposed to (u,v) scale channels.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2013 at 3:56 PM

oops! it should read:

u' = u/sqrt(2) - v/sqrt(2)
v' = u/sqrt(2) + v/sqrt(2)

where -1<=(u,v)<=1

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2013 at 3:35 PM

if one uses above equations on tile node, requires less nodes to rotate, as seen below.

rotate tile 45 deg poser

for stocking mesh, change tile to white, grout to black, reduce tile size. I reckon bill or others already posted this, but I didn't search for it.

dadt ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2013 at 5:09 PM

file_491676.jpg

I had this problem recently and decided that the easiest method was to rotate the skirt sections on the UV map.

cfpage ( ) posted Sun, 17 February 2013 at 12:33 PM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.