Thu, Sep 19, 9:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:38 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: New Site: Bugs/Issues - Not for design comments.

Sabby ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 1:19 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:41 AM

This thread is for actual things that are broken and need to be fixed, so that the powers that be don't have to dig through long threads talking about aesthetics.

• In the gallery the comment box is too narrow and tall.

NOTE: Don't post your opinions on how the site looks on this thread. That isn't a bug or an issue with site functionality.

Renderosity Store :: Daz3D Store :: Facebook

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 1:23 PM

Okay Sabby, I see what you mean there, so we will make sure to get this issue added when I start my thread for feedback on other (non site look) issues

Thanks!!

FrankT ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 1:50 PM · edited Fri, 22 February 2013 at 1:51 PM

Title and artist name could do with a bit more space in the gallery thumbnails - they get overlapped a bit at the bottom by the gallery name.

FireFox 19 if that makes any difference

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Hamer66 ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 4:33 PM

Not only the artist names need more space, The site has some serious issues when rezising the window (at least with IE). The lay-out gets all messed up.  The white bars are smaller than the text/product pictures/ prices overlap the purchase button etc.

Have a large monitor and like to keep the side on one half, but it almost becomes unreadable.

Fenier ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 4:52 PM · edited Fri, 22 February 2013 at 4:55 PM

Client used is very important in fixing issues.  Most of the following is in FF19, Chrome 25 or otherwise noted.

Issues broken down by type:

Responsive Design

Site clearly has responsive design.  I can view it at several differnet breakpoints in Firefox 19 on Windows 7. 

1280 v 600 (Landscape) = Fine

1280 x 600 (Portrait) = Broken Layout (Sidebars correctly display under main content, but broken)

1280 v 980 (Landscape) = Fine

1280 x 980 (Portrait) = Broken Layout (What's hot images bleed out of the side bar)

1280 x 800 (Landscape) = Fine

1280 x 800 (Portrait) Broken (What's hot images bleed in the side bar, same with calendar in sidebar)

1024 x 768 (Landscape) = Broken (Sidebar bleeds out, see above)

1024 x 768 (Portrait) = Broken (Sidebar has several issues)

360 x 640 (Landscape) = Broken

• Forums do not resize
  • What's hot slider broken layout
  • Social Media field blank

360 x 640 (Portrait) = Broken

• Forums do not resize
  • What's hot slider not centered
  • social media field blank

Gallery Thumbs shrink as expected, but with no max height or width exceed their normal sizing and become distorted.

The white boxes the thumbnails sit in on category level pages becomes uneven at some resolutions (IE - breaks).

Was unable to invoke the 'mobile' layout as expected on a iPoD Touch (4th Gen) or a Samsung mp3 Player (Android 2.3, stock browser).  Both got the desktop layout.

Firefox is picking up a global style for the paragraph element giving it a 10px bottom margin.  This really screws with the spacing on posts.  This is on like 547~ in bootstrap.css   Global styles are bad.

Usability

On a mobile device:  Clicking into the user name field works, select 'next' moves to password as expected, select 'next' moves to search box.  This should move to the login button.

On some Display breakpoints the Global Navigation disappears.  It is not very obvious that the box along the right side will display it.  The box has no marker or indication of function.

Page Structure

Quick scan of markup, by no means exhustive.**

• Invalid markup
  • Conflicting Doctype and Syntax
  • Meta Description is very broken on Forum pages
  • Use of inline styles despite calling several external stylesheets
  • Embeded Style tags, using commented out CSS toward the bottom of the page.
  • Commented out JS code
  • Use of JavaScript in a way that prevents MVC methodology.
  • Calling lots of external JS, but still embeding some in the page.. in various places.

Fenier ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 8:46 PM

Also in the past few hours bouncing around the site..

I have seen JavaScript warnings due to the script being non-ECMA compliant, and a load of CSS warnings.

Example:

font-style:bold;

instead of font-weight: bold;

Also several references to MS filter style rules, and even some pages reporting they are being rendered in Quirks mode.

Your pages could render faster with less repainting with proper markup, CSS, and JavaScript coding practices.

Antaran ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2013 at 10:49 PM

Another broken feature: The price field in the product no longer displays sale percentage for the items on sale. Not good at all.

Makes the site look less established and less trustworthy. Any respectable store will always list sale percentage.

SonnysArt ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 6:10 AM

Marketplace Content:

1. Only "Content Advisory" boxes are shown below main image on items.  All others are almost invisible tall, thin strips.  I thought the detail images had been removed until I viewed an item with an advisory.

Wishlist:

1. Product name wraps around image.

2. Image too large.  I can only view 2 1/2 images at a time.  Half the size would do.

My Gallery:

1. The most recently posted piece on the "My Summary" page is displayed at full size.  Should be reduced in size per the prior version of the site.

Forrum:

1. Ad strip on right overlaping postings.  Cannot read entire post.  Resizing window does not help.

I am using IE8 and Windows 7 on a Toshiba Satellite widescreen laptop.

IO4 ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 11:58 AM

The  'Galleries' link doesn't appear to be working only the options in the drop down list, and the same is true of the main Forum link. Is this a bug or is it designed this way?

Beginners tutorials for Bryce

Bryce Arena

caty77 ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 12:19 PM · edited Sat, 23 February 2013 at 12:20 PM

Links "Galleries", "Freestuff" don't appear with new RR.  :((((

The galleries link is available with right click , then new tab.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php

Thumbails are too big in galleries. And manes in fact are 'eating'; on y, j, g... letter.

The site appears deformed, the band blancest too high for my screen parraport to before.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sat, 23 February 2013 at 4:17 PM

I don't know it this qualifies as a bug or a (bad) design decision, so I am listing it:

The (ugly) white boxes holding each of the items for sale appear to be differing sizes. 

It doesn't present a uniform, professional appearance.

goldie ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 4:36 PM

Purchased Items list:

needs sortable "Date Purchased" column

would be nice to also have "Price Paid" column

To make room for these two columns could get rid of all that stuff in extreme right of page...not necessary in my opinion.

goldie ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 4:38 PM · edited Sun, 24 February 2013 at 4:40 PM

Need direct links to Freebies and Galleries index pages.  Don't see why one has to right click on the header text in the menu bar to access these pages

Fenier ( ) posted Sun, 24 February 2013 at 8:55 PM · edited Sun, 24 February 2013 at 8:56 PM

Using a Galaxy Note (which has 800 x 1280 resolution) the site looks like the following.  Notice the clear issues with the header not covering the full width.

Landscape

Portrait

ssgbryan ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 2:29 PM

It doesn't look any better on my iPad.

Fenier ( ) posted Mon, 25 February 2013 at 4:28 PM

Assuming you are using a iPad 2, it's about the same resolution.  The difference is you are viewing it on a 10"+ display, and mine is 5.3".

There is nothing causing it to switch out to a format which is suitable for that screen size.

brewgirlca ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 11:45 AM

Leading image in "My Gallery" fills the frame so that text is not visible and there is no way to open that image. Explorer 8 running on Windows XP (archaic I know but it's my work computer).

caty77 ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 2:56 PM

Hello!

I search freestuff with names of artist. And for one (only one), I have a whole lot of lines ofbugs who appears.

bug

Not whole capture.

Page in question is this: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?user_id=641216

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 3:11 PM

Where were you searching from? I have been all through the freestuff and searching this artist and various others to see and I can't duplicate this error. 

Can you give me any more specific details?

Thank you

caty77 ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 3:22 PM

Hello!

I search on Freestuff, then Search Freestuff.

In case: Search specific user? I tap TruForm.

I don't know why. I did that only. I relaunched the page several times on my side, in vain.
And opening another tab to test other artists, the error does not occur to them.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 26 February 2013 at 3:52 PM

whilst trying to add notes to gallery upload using "notes/caption" form field, clicking on  drag corner causes form field box to shrink, then it continues to shrink onmouseover, without attempt to click-drag.  by contrast, this form field (forum reply) drag corner works o.k.

FF 16.0.1, OS X.

brewgirlca ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 12:32 AM

In Market Place: vendor product pages "related products" thumbnails are spilling over the background graphics box on the right hand side. See Madelleriums latest offering. IE 8, windows vista.

brewgirlca ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 12:44 AM

"What's hot today" hotbutton is working on some pages and not others. E.g.:

It is working on this page:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/sitemail/mailbox.php

It is not working on this page:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2417050

IE 8, Windows Vista

renecyberdoc ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 1:32 AM

Quote - Hello!

I search on Freestuff, then Search Freestuff.

In case: Search specific user? I tap TruForm.

I don't know why. I did that only. I relaunched the page several times on my side, in vain.
And opening another tab to test other artists, the error does not occur to them.

the relaunching wont help i had a similar issue,a while ago with something else.you have to clear the cookies and history otherwise it loads always the "error"page out of its cache.

3DGuy ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 4:54 AM
  • When previewing a reply the null image that was inserted earlier in the forum is still inserted in the preview.
  • The Renderosity logo (topleft) is a 2.5 megapixel(!) image.

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle
-= Glass Eye Photography =- -= My Rendo Gallery =-

caty77 ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 7:52 AM

Hello renecyberdoc

I forgot to pass that last night I retried the same page just before leaving. Without clearing cookies and it appeared normal.
I think that perhaps the staff of RR was doing some manipulations on the site, and that's why???

I don't know.

Fenier ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 11:50 AM

Quote - - The Renderosity logo (topleft) is a 2.5 megapixel(!) image. 

I am showing 

http://www.renderosity.com/templates/renderositybootstrap/image/Renderosity-logo.png

To be only abotu 35k?

That said each Social Icon is a seperate file, should really be a sprite.

3DGuy ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 12:04 PM

I said megapixel, not megabyte ;)

The logo is 3392x788 and it's scaled back with css to a width of 288 pixels, that's just stupid. That's why it renders so ugly.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 1:52 PM

Another issue/bug

I recently got a note from a vendor about a product being upgraded.

When I go to my purchases, the "DATE PURCHASED" column is missing.

This is important to have - I compare the purchase date to the update date to see if I already have the updated zip file.  I can't do that anymore.

brewgirlca ( ) posted Wed, 27 February 2013 at 2:00 PM

After I open an image in the galleries, when I go back to the gallery page I am returned to the top of the page and not to the image I was at. Meaning I have to scroll down the page to where I left off. Royal pain when going through the galleries.

Maddelirium ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 6:37 PM

I Can't upload an image to my gallery.When I click save and upload, the page just sits and sits. I have waited for maybe 5 lifetimes now and nothing. I have cleaned out my cache and temp files, logged in and out, rebooted. I can do everything else, purchasing, browsing galleries you name it, but nothing with my gallery. The image dimensions and file size are fine. I'm using IE9, Windows 7.

I don't know what else to do

StaceyG ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 9:28 PM

I'll check with the techs for you Maddelirium.  I don't think this particuliar issue would be caused by any of the recent site changes but even if it's not they may have some suggestions on what might be causing this for you.

And just to be clear, you don't receive any type of error message?

Also since it's the weekend and not sure how long it will be before I get the techs response, if you want you can email me the image and I can do some testing on my end with it to see if maybe I can help.

Thanks

Maddelirium ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 9:51 PM

I think it might be something with the image. I just tried an image I put up once before and it worked. I'm going to check my image, thanks so much:)

Maddelirium ( ) posted Sat, 02 March 2013 at 10:03 PM

I got it to work. I don't know what was wrong with the image but it's all fixed now, thanks again!!

sandman_max ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 9:23 AM

Could we add the sale expiration date to the Overlay? Also Classic Prime expiration date.

StaceyG ( ) posted Sun, 03 March 2013 at 10:18 AM

Hi

The prime classics already do show the expiration date, it's right under the price on the product page.

Not sure what you mean by adding the sale expiry on the "overlay"?

brewgirlca ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 12:10 PM

Stacey:

Looking through comments from users the single most common complaint is still the tiny text box. I am not a web master but people who are are saying this is an easy fix. Almost all your users are working most of the time on laptops or desktops, not ipads or iphones (and I have both, and the box is lousy in them too). We need to have a decent text entry system.

Despite what some people (e.g. Sabby) are saying there is no drag box in IE 7, 8 and 9 on any windows system less than 8. I run all 3 systems and nothing is working in this regard.

Why is this "simple" problem not being addressed?

Sabby ( ) posted Wed, 13 March 2013 at 12:39 PM

Quote - Despite what some people (e.g. Sabby) are saying there is no drag box in IE 7, 8 and 9 on any windows system less than 8. I run all 3 systems and nothing is working in this regard.

Why is this "simple" problem not being addressed?

The drag is only in Chrome and Firefox. ;( This was mentioned by an admin somewhere, I think it was Stacey. I know that doesn't help you. It also doesn't work in IE10.

I believe it was also suggested someplace by an admin that IE users swap to Chrome...

Renderosity Store :: Daz3D Store :: Facebook

adorety ( ) posted Thu, 14 March 2013 at 9:05 PM

The issue has been mentioned, but I feel it needs to be said again. The small box for writing and commenting needs to be fixed or returned to its original format/size. Switching to another browser is not a fix.  At this point I am wondering if there is going to be a fix, some sort of notice or repy is appreciated.

Thanks,AD

SidheRoseGraphics ( ) posted Fri, 15 March 2013 at 1:30 AM

Quote - The issue has been mentioned, but I feel it needs to be said again. The small box for writing and commenting needs to be fixed or returned to its original format/size. Switching to another browser is not a fix.  At this point I am wondering if there is going to be a fix, some sort of notice or repy is appreciated.

Thanks,AD

Sorry but I have to agree with this. Switching to another browser is not a 'fix'. It's a bandaid. I do appreciate that a lot of things have been fixed, then again the change should not have been published until it was beta-tested on all browsers. Many of us have mentioned/complained about these tiny comment/text boxes since the change over and nothing's been done to address that. :huh:

Thanks!

Ray

3DGuy ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2013 at 2:04 PM

The smiies link above the reply box is broken...

caty77 ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2013 at 2:06 PM

Search page for forum is not found, this evening???

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/search.php

3DGuy ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2013 at 3:28 PM

Not receiving e-bots and the system seems to be on the fritz in general... seeing mysql errors every now and then.

caty77 ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2013 at 3:43 PM · edited Mon, 01 April 2013 at 3:44 PM

Yes for "mysql errors" several times since 9:15pm approximately.
And the notification bubble is gray now :(((((((((

Lyne ( ) posted Mon, 01 April 2013 at 5:25 PM

file_493225.jpg

this happens to me A LOT.. the page goes all white with text barely visable. It happens when I try and open a second instance of Rendo to find a product creator's name, it happens when I go "back" from one page to another.

I am using IE8, on a flat screen, with my desktop. there were only 2119 people on line here at the time. Site is SLOW and gave me a lot of trouble trying to get the product names to appear.

I will NOT change my viewer for a website.

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

3DGuy ( ) posted Tue, 02 April 2013 at 4:10 PM · edited Tue, 02 April 2013 at 4:11 PM

A bug that was present and apparently solved earlier is back. A 'null' image is inserted in every post. Hence the extra whitespace in every posting.

DocMikeB ( ) posted Wed, 10 April 2013 at 4:58 AM · edited Wed, 10 April 2013 at 4:59 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2866233

Not sure if its a "BUG"

But since yesterday (April 9) I noticed that when I search for "Renderosity" on Google, the homepage doesn't appear as first result. And its not even in the first 5 or 10.

Maybe there is some problem with the tags / search engine optimization?

Screenshots (with 3 different browsers) in the thread I created (link).

caty77 ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2013 at 7:29 AM · edited Thu, 11 April 2013 at 7:30 AM

Just to point out that "Tip of the Week" has a strange code on freestuff pages.

TinaK ( ) posted Thu, 11 April 2013 at 11:31 AM

Thanks for the heads up and we have it fixed.

Please let me know if you see it again.

Thanks

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

caty77 ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2013 at 8:47 AM

Hello!

THe "Tip of the week" is rebelling again ^^ . And only on the Freestuff pages.

I think the word "Friday" is found in dark on the dark background at the end of the line with strange symbols.

Tip of the week

TinaK ( ) posted Fri, 12 April 2013 at 11:23 AM

Thanks again.

Got it corrected.

Tina Kaylor

Community Manager

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.