Mon, Oct 21, 11:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: Need JCM assistance, trying to add a second JCM to a figure

Cariad ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 12:37 PM · edited Fri, 18 October 2024 at 12:30 PM

I received Fugazi1968's JCM tutorial as a gift as I have been having severe issues withh them.  Namely until I went through it, I couldn't make one work at all.

I have successfully gotten one working, but as soon as I try to make and add a second to the clothing item, the first stops working automatically on the freshly saved cr2.

When I looked at my JCM which had been working in the new cr2, I noticed that

valueOpDeltaAdd
                Figure
                lThigh
                xrot
                deltaAddDelta 0.025

disappears in all the JCM bits in the new cr2 for the formerly working JCM.  Fairly sure this is where my issue lies... but before I mangle my files beyond resurrection... okay I am working on a copy but the thought is the same.

I am sure this is something not too sordid, and that I am just missing it in my self inflicted crash course on making conforming clothing (One can only cram ones skull so full so fast I think) but an assist would be greatly appreciated. 

Do I need to manually add that back to all the JCMs?  Is there a way to stop it from losing the information at all?  Did I suddenly fall down the rabbit hole and Wonderland is actually Poser Hell?

Cage ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 3:53 PM

If Poser has dropped your JCM AddDelta lines, you'll need to add them again.  :sad:  You can do this with a pose, IIRC, if you take the old cr2 which has the lines and trim it down into the appropriate pose format.

But a couple of questions.

What version of Poser are you using?  There was a problem in Poser 7, and possibly Poser 8 before the SR releases, in which a conforming garment would drop the ERC from all hidden actors.  This was a problem with Antonia, which I think LesBentley was able to solve by linking the JCMs to valueParm dials in BODY.  Until that solution, I worked around the problem by only saving a conformed figure with all its actors visible.

Was the ERC dropped completely, or was it merely updated with figure numbering?

Quote -       valueOpDeltaAdd
                Figure
                lThigh
                xrot
                deltaAddDelta 0.025

will become

Quote -       valueOpDeltaAdd
                Figure 1
                lThigh:1
                xrot
                deltaAddDelta 0.025

when a file is saved.

As to adding a second JCM, if you want to "stack" them, there's a whole realm of wizardry involved which I don't fully understand.  I always hope LesBentley will show up to address such matters, since he's a real whiz with such things.  :laugh:

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Cariad ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 5:35 PM

Not worried about stacking the JCMs at this time, really i just needed a couple basic ones to get the edge of a set of shorts out of V4s icky thighs when they are bent and the smooth out the crotch area.

Needed one for when the leg was bent back and a second for when it went forward.

It is not renumbering them, had it just been that, I would have just removed the numbers again. sworn alot about it beiing possessed and moved on from there.  It is deleting the ERC entirely. 

I do have 2012 but was working on all this in 8 since I only just got the newer one and as of yet am still a little sketchy on all the details of everything.  8 has had all the SRs installed as they came out so no idea what seems to be the issue.

Thanks for the assist, Cage 

Paloth ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 11:42 PM · edited Tue, 14 May 2013 at 11:43 PM

Rhionon, you could try teaching the JCMs with the dependency editor. Put the figure in zero pose with the JCM off. Bring up the dependency editor for the rotation that drives the JCM in the clothing. Start Teaching. Pose to where the JCM will be at full strength. Activate the JCM. Pose back to zero position. Deactivate the JCM. Stop teaching.

Make sure "Include morphs when conforming" is checked in your clothing figure.

This method drives the JCMs with keys. You don't have to code this stuff yourself, unless you want to get fancy with the valueOpTimes function which can't be accessed through Poser's UI. You can even stack JCMs and teach them to start where the last one leaves off. 

The one downside is that people with versions older than Poser 8 won't be able to use your stuff.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

Paloth ( ) posted Tue, 14 May 2013 at 11:58 PM · edited Tue, 14 May 2013 at 11:59 PM

I've had issues with hard-coded ERC being dropped when I saved a modified clothing item to the library. One workaround was to modify another version of the figure in Poser and cut and paste changes to the original figure's cr2. Another thing that could work is checking "Include morphs when conforming" when saving your clothing item to the library.

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

Cariad ( ) posted Wed, 15 May 2013 at 9:08 AM

I will give both a try Paloth, and see if we have any  progress, it isn't hard to splice the ERCs back in by hand but it is time consuming, especially when you start dealing with several in a garment and each time you save it out after adding the new morph you have to redo them all again.  I am brave, just not quite that brave. 

I suppose if worse came to worst, I could set them all up save for the ERC and do them all in one mass go at the end... 

This item needs four, a manageable number. but I can foresee at least twice that many in the next thing I have to rig and it would start adding to my already too numerous grey hairs :)

I do appreciate the help all, honestly. 

Cariad ( ) posted Wed, 15 May 2013 at 9:37 AM

Quote - Another thing that could work is checking "Include morphs when conforming" when saving your clothing item to the library.

Hallelujah we have a winner.  Got to lose the renumbering of them, but that is five minutes work instead of thirty while I carefully make sure I don't bugger anything up.

Thanks a lot, while there might be a way to avoid it totally, I am just content to have a workable solution for now.

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 15 May 2013 at 2:00 PM

Quote - It is not renumbering them, had it just been that, I would have just removed the numbers again. sworn alot about it beiing possessed and moved on from there.  It is deleting the ERC entirely.

Does the conformer contain an actor named "lThigh"? If I remember correctly, when the file being saved (in Poser) does not contain an actor with the same name as in the slaving code, then the slaving code will be deleted. That's the only reason I can think of at the moment why the slaving code would be completely deleted. As noted by Cage, when saving the conformer the figure numbering will be updated in the slaving code, and that would stop the figure woking as a super-conformer.

Cariad ( ) posted Wed, 15 May 2013 at 5:26 PM

The garment in question has an lThigh. rThigh, hip and abdomen.  the chest was left in as a ghostbone as the waist comes fairly high on the torso and when I was rigging it without it was being a little strange when posing.

So yes, they are there, really i am at a loss, while the turning on of 'Include morphs when conforming' worked for one save it did not work on subsequent saves of the cr2.

I realize that it should update the figure numbering but again it doesn't, it simply deletes the slaving from every one of my formerly working JCMs when I attempt to  resave the cr2 after loading or creating another new morph for the next JCM.

I could likely muddle through and get them all dealt with by adding the needed bits back in by hand, and have done so for three now, I am curious as to what might be causing it at all so I can avoid this issue in the future.

Cage ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2013 at 12:17 PM · edited Sat, 18 May 2013 at 12:19 PM

Ghost actors with no geometry can cause all weight maps associated with that actor to be dropped.  I am wondering if something similar could be happening with the ERC.  :unsure:  Seems unlikely, but I guess it's possible.

If an actor has no geometry, the cr2 can be edited to give it some proxy geometry.  You can, for instance, just copy the geometry pointers from the standard ball prop pp2 file, pasting that in for the problem actor.

Quote - prop ball_1
{
    storageOffset 0 0.3487 0
    objFileGeom 0 0 :Runtime:Geometries:props:ball.obj
}

would become

Quote - actor chest:1
{
    storageOffset 0 0 0
    objFileGeom 0 0 :Runtime:Geometries:props:ball.obj
}

(I'm not sure what the storageOffset values indicate.  Body parts seem to favor "0 0 0", so I always enter that on the storageOffset line when entering objFileGeom lines for a body part actor.  So far I've never seen any difference when the storageOffset values are varied.  That whole question is probably a different discussion....  :unsure:)

(Note to self: "code" tags no longer work at 'Rosity.)

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.