Fri, Oct 4, 1:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 6:00 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2013 at 7:11 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 1:29 PM

Attached Link: HiveWire 3D on Facebook

Are you searching for a 3D figure that works great natively in BOTH Poser and DAZ Studio?

This figure would have to be every bit as versatile as the other popular figures available, if not even more versatile in some important ways, right?

Would you want this figure to be accurate to true human form and proportions, robust in its ability for being morphed and transformed into an endless number of characters and creatures, contain the latest in weight-map rigging technology, and have highly realistic joint bending and mesh smoothing?

You would probably want this figure to be compatible with much of your existing content library, utilities, and resources, yes?

And simple things like a jaw that cannot only open believably, but move side-to-side, as well as forwards and backwards to mimic natural movement? Toes that spread, fingers and thumbs that grasp and fold like a real human hand?

Beautiful in more ways than one, correct?

We're here to tell you that your search is almost over. And she'll be available for free.

Who are we and what experience and background do we have in the 3D industry to allow us to get your hopes up in such a way and actually believe that we can deliver?

Would it help you to know that the creator of this new female figure is the very same person who created the original Victoria and Michael models? Not to mention all the subsequent versions and spin-offs, as well as countless head and body morphs, both realistic and fantastical, and more?

Have you ever asked yourself:

*     "What if we could start all over again?*

*     What if all those heavy shackles were lifted and we could do it the way we wanted to but never quite could?*

*     What would we do differently if given the chance?"*

That sort of thinking leads one to go beyond any one product, and to take another look at the big picture and wonder what else could be improved and done better?

It starts with a new figure that is built from the ground up with native files for both Poser and DAZ Studio, but it expands to encompass so much more.

Consider how this could benefit the independent artists.

Consider how this could benefit the entire community.

Consider how this could benefit you.

We have given this great thought, time and energy and we're excited for the new Dawn that is coming.

We hope you will be, too.

Together, this could be the beginning of something truly remarkable.

cedarwolf ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2013 at 7:30 PM

Fascinating...I'll "like" your group on Fb and we'll see where this project goes!

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2013 at 7:31 PM

Watching with interest.

Laurie

JimTS ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2013 at 8:59 PM

Won't FB but have about half the indie figures ever released in the Poser community since Poser 2 so bring 'er around I'll look.

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

DreamerZ_Loft ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2013 at 9:59 PM

You got my attention...will be watching to see what develops. :)

nakamuram ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2013 at 10:13 PM

Do we have to have a Facebook account to keep abreast of developments?  Have mercy, please no Facebook!!!!!!

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2013 at 10:36 PM

No Facebook account required :)

but we don't have a site up yet, so for now, our updates will be on facebook and in a few community forum threads, like this one. Once we have a site up we'll continue the conversation over there.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2013 at 10:45 PM · edited Wed, 19 June 2013 at 10:48 PM

She looks real  nice what I can see of her. LOL

I know this is probably too early to ask, but...will there be a male as well? Can't wait to get a new figure to model clothes and jewelry, shoes and hair for ;).

Actually, I dream of male, female, kids and baby...too much to ask probably. LOL

Laurie

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2013 at 10:47 PM

All in good time. :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2013 at 10:49 PM

Quote - All in good time. :)

I'm pleasantly hopeful then :).

Laurie

BionicRooster ( ) posted Wed, 19 June 2013 at 10:58 PM · edited Wed, 19 June 2013 at 11:00 PM
Forum Moderator

I like the figure, woulda chosen a different hair for the main image.

Just my .02

Edit: Don't take any offense, I'm somewhat of a 'Hair Nazi' :o)

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

nakamuram ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 12:11 AM

Quote - No Facebook account required :)

but we don't have a site up yet, so for now, our updates will be on facebook and in a few community forum threads, like this one. Once we have a site up we'll continue the conversation over there.

Great!!  Now the CIA won't be able to find me.

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 12:18 AM

Quote - Don't take any offense, I'm somewhat of a 'Hair Nazi' :o)

No offense taken, it's an early render that we have up on the facebook page, we're working on final promos still. But we wanted to get a teaser out at least. And that facebook cover was so barren without it. ;)

Latexluv ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 12:29 AM

Thank you for NOT making the figure's release a Facebook only event! Wild horses could not make me open a face book account. I will be checking the forums for updates because I am very interested in the little I could see of her.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

ssgbryan ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 12:31 AM
Online Now!

Good.

More white girls - god knows we don't have enough of them in the Poserverse.

Show me a bunch of ethnic morphs and skins & you will have my interest.

Until then, meh......

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 12:37 AM

@ ssgbryan

All in good time. But it will most definitely be coming as well.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 1:24 AM · edited Thu, 20 June 2013 at 1:27 AM

We're an impatient bunch, ain't we? LOL

for ssgbryan: IF this is the same guy/group that did a lot of the Daz figures we know and love, I have faith that there will be some ethnic morphs coming - Vicky 3 and even Vicky 2 had a full set of ethnic morphs ;). I have faith they know what they're doing...got my fingers crossed ;).

Laurie

jonnybode ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 1:29 AM

Lovely!

Im a junkie for humanoid models, will follow this project with great interest.

Latexluv ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 3:34 AM

So, just got the email and V6 is yet another DSON chick. We await more promo pics of your lady!

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

isikol ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 4:05 AM

you have my attention...bring it up people! :)

lkiilerich ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 5:12 AM

Can't wait to se more pics of your Dawn!

aeilkema ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 5:16 AM · edited Thu, 20 June 2013 at 5:18 AM

Attached Link: http://hivewire3d.com/

Sound great, but why link to facebook if you have a great website? There are many who simply don't want or like to visit facebook, but would love to stop by your own website to get more info and follow this project. I suggest making more use of the website to promote this figure as well.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 5:48 AM
Online Now!

This sounds very promising. 

But a weight-mapped figure that works natively in both DS and Poser?  Is that really possible?

matrix03 ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 6:01 AM

Quote - Are you searching for a 3D figure that works great natively in BOTH Poser and DAZ Studio?

This figure would have to be every bit as versatile as the other popular figures available, if not even more versatile in some important ways, right?

I'm definitely interested.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 6:18 AM · edited Thu, 20 June 2013 at 6:18 AM

Quote - This sounds very promising. 

But a weight-mapped figure that works natively in both DS and Poser?  Is that really possible?

I think that may mean there is a Poser version and a DS version ;). Not one version for both, since they're not really compatible formats :)

Laurie

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 6:23 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Looks great. Will keep watching.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 6:28 AM

Quote - Sound great, but why link to facebook if you have a great website? There are many who simply don't want or like to visit facebook, but would love to stop by your own website to get more info and follow this project. I suggest making more use of the website to promote this figure as well.

I think they said their website wasn't finished yet.

FWIW most companies/etc start on FB nowdays. Even huge corporations. Nope, I don't get it either, but it is what it is.

Laurie

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 6:52 AM
Online Now!

Quote - I think that may mean there is a Poser version and a DS version ;). Not one version for both, since they're not really compatible formats :)

What would that mean for support, though?  Merchants would have to make two versions of everything, or choose one and specify.  It's not really one figure, it's two.

OTOH, they do say you can use most of your old content, which suggests some kind of conversion...?

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 6:53 AM · edited Thu, 20 June 2013 at 6:56 AM

I guess we won't really know until she's out or they fill us in ;). I'm actually lookin forward to this one. Got my modeling pants on. LOL

Laurie

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 7:13 AM

I'm interested too.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 7:58 AM

What is the current possible timeframe to release?

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 8:07 AM

Idon't think i thas a time frame. I don't even know if it is real or some kind of trick.

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 8:08 AM

I'm hopeful. If it is good, even if not "successful", I'll use it. Best of luck.

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 8:14 AM

that's how conmen operate.  they tell you something you want to believe.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 8:43 AM · edited Thu, 20 June 2013 at 8:44 AM
Online Now!

Quote - that's how conmen operate.  they tell you something you want to believe.

You mean like "Poser users will be in heaven"?  ;-)

The hivewire3d.com domain name is registered to one Eric Merritt of Lehi, UT.  Anyone know who that is?

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 8:45 AM · edited Thu, 20 June 2013 at 8:46 AM

yes, a bit like that.  although daz is a proper known company.

I just found the blurb a bit suspicious. I hope I'm wrong. it would be great to have a wonderful new figure but I will wait until someone gets it and checks that it isn't some other known mesh or until the poster becomes more well known here.  Why aren't they still working for daz?

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 8:58 AM
Online Now!

Some interesting stuff in the Poser forum thread.  Shawn Driscoll says the guy posting these messages is Steve Kondris.  Who used to work at DAZ.

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 8:59 AM

Quote - Sound great, but why link to facebook if you have a great website? There are many who simply don't want or like to visit facebook, but would love to stop by your own website to get more info and follow this project. I suggest making more use of the website to promote this figure as well.

We aren't quite ready for prime-time on the website, sorry for the tease last night, it wasn't supposed to get opened up publicly. ;)  (too much late night scurrying around with some developers).

Our website will be up very soon tho, and we'll have more info there.

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 9:03 AM

We are indeed going to be releasing a native version for Poser AND a native version for DAZ Studio.

As for the clothing compatibility with previous generations, we're still working on getting some possible conversions setup. So that part is still in progress.

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 9:12 AM

Did you base the mesh on a real person?

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 9:26 AM
Online Now!

I am always interested in new figures. 

But separate DS and Poser versions sound like it wouldn't be that much of improvement of the status quo.  Like Genesis and V4, merchants would have to pick one to support or support both, with all the extra work that entails.

The compatibility with previous generations is already available with Autofit for DS users and Wardrobe Wizard/Fitting Room for Poser users. Shared textures would be good, I guess. DS has that texture-swapping thing, but we Poser uses have had to use texture converters (which don't always work that good).

Of course, if the figure is actually better in some way than the current offerings, that alone would be worthwhile.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 9:44 AM · edited Thu, 20 June 2013 at 9:48 AM

Quote - But separate DS and Poser versions sound like it wouldn't be that much of improvement of the status quo.  Like Genesis and V4, merchants would have to pick one to support...

Yes, but hasn't that happened already? They're completely different platforms now. I don't see any way to bring them together since the tech is so different.

Laurie

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 9:56 AM

I'd love a separate poser version. I'm sure with the fitting room I could get some clothes.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 9:59 AM

Quote - I'd love a separate poser version. I'm sure with the fitting room I could get some clothes.

This.

I would as well. I'm a content creator that never touches DS anyway ;). This is nothing different really ;).

Laurie

DarkElegance ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 10:37 AM

Quote - Are you searching for a 3D figure that works great natively in BOTH Poser and DAZ Studio?

Would you want this figure to be accurate to true human form and proportions, robust in its ability for being morphed and transformed into an endless number of characters and creatures, contain the latest in weight-map rigging technology, and have highly realistic joint bending and mesh smoothing?

You would probably want this figure to be compatible with much of your existing content library, utilities, and resources, yes?

And simple things like a jaw that cannot only open believably, but move side-to-side, as well as forwards and backwards to mimic natural movement? Toes that spread, fingers and thumbs that grasp and fold like a real human hand?

Beautiful in more ways than one, correct?

We're here to tell you that your search is almost over. And she'll be available for free.

Who are we and what experience and background do we have in the 3D industry to allow us to get your hopes up in such a way and actually believe that we can deliver?

Would it help you to know that the creator of this new female figure is the very same person who created the original Victoria and Michael models? Not to mention all the subsequent versions and spin-offs, as well as countless head and body morphs, both realistic and fantastical, and more?

Have you ever asked yourself:

*     "What if we could start all over again?*

*     What if all those heavy shackles were lifted and we could do it the way we wanted to but never quite could?*

*     What would we do differently if given the chance?"*

That sort of thinking leads one to go beyond any one product, and to take another look at the big picture and wonder what else could be improved and done better?

It starts with a new figure that is built from the ground up with native files for both Poser and DAZ Studio, but it expands to encompass so much more.

Consider how this could benefit the independent artists.

Consider how this could benefit the entire community.

Consider how this could benefit you.

We have given this great thought, time and energy and we're excited for the new Dawn that is coming.

We hope you will be, too.

Together, this could be the beginning of something truly remarkable.

@.@ ohhh PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE please please please pleaaaaaaaase

this sounds soooo perfect. particularly the movements on the jaw and fingers etc...what about breasts?

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 11:11 AM

Watching and waiting...

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 11:14 AM

Something was pointed out to me that I need to clarify with respect to the opening post, please. The creator of this new figure "Dawn", was the creator of the original Michael and Victoria figures, and while he also helped create the subsequent versions and morphs, it was not meant to imply that he was the sole creator of them. There was a team of artists that helped a lot with the creation of future generations, particularly the latest versions, and they deserve credit for their significant help as well.

Along with that, here's a bit of background on the who, what and why is HiveWire 3D:

HiveWire 3D is a new content provider focused on building and brokering high quality 3D content for both Poser and DAZ Studio. We have a new female figure, Dawn, that we will be releasing as soon as possible. More info and images around Dawn to come as we have them ready to share.

Who is HiveWire 3D?
HiveWire 3D was founded by Chris Creek, who many of you already know of. Chris first began in the 3D industry at Viewpoint Data Labs in 1991 as the lead anatomy modeler. While there he modeled the Toddler which later became the ridiculously-popular "Dancing Baby" seen in media spots throughout 1996-1998. Chris eventually left Viewpoint to become the President/Co-Founder of Zygote Media Group where he modeled the revolutionary Poser figures: The Dork and Posette. These two figures created a new market and new business opportunity. Upon this realization, Chris and Dan Farr decided to part ways from Zygote and created DAZ 3D where Chris was the Executive Vice President/Co-Founder for nearly a decade. It was there Chris modeled the ground-breaking 3D figures: Victoria and Michael. Prior to devoting his life to 3D and digital content, Chris worked as a freelance artist and painter which at the time allowed him to be home with his wife and three young boys. Now Chris has brought his decades of art and business experience to HiveWire 3D, modeling (among other things) our core female figure, Dawn.

Chris finds happiness in being able to create art across a variety of mediums, and 3D is something he's never been able to let go of. But, I've found that for Chris, it's not just about creating great art, it's every bit as much about the joy that his artwork can bring to another. Chris creates out of love and what he creates he loves to share. After Chris left DAZ for the second time in late 2012, he found himself wanting and needing to create again. In the solitude of his home, Chris began a new project, and as it grew from a mere primitive cube into a beautiful new figure, he decided to share it with the 3D community that he still felt very much a part of.

Along side Chris are several others who also have a love and passion for 3D. One key individual is Eric Merritt. A graphic designer since 1988, Eric got his first taste of 3D when he was hired by Viewpoint Datalabs in 1991 to layout their 3D model catalog. It was there that Eric met Chris Creek, and together with another individual they founded Zygote Media Group. Eric eventually made his way over to DAZ 3D where he help design and manage the development for a majority of the user interface that makes up the core software program: DAZ Studio. In addition to this, Eric spearheaded the streamlining of the content download process, the development of tutorials, and more. Eric is also a co-founder of the unique, user-friendly AniMate and AniBlock system, designed and sold by GoFigure. When Eric was approached by Chris to co-found a new company, he jumped at the opportunity.

We have several other artists from within the community that are working together with us to help make this all a reality, and they shall reveal themselves at their own discretion. But we are very excited about the interest that Dawn has been receiving and we hope that we can deliver to everyone's expectations at least somewhat. We do not pretend to think that Dawn will be everything to everyone, but we hope that she can be something enjoyable to many.

And then, last and probably least, is me, Steve Kondris, (the primary author of this "HiveWire3D" user account, btw). I first got into the world of 3D back in 2000 when I joined Zygote Media Group's tech support staff shortly after the release of Michael 1.0. I then followed Chris and Dan to DAZ 3D where I had the opportunity to help in multiple roles over my 11+ years there. I left DAZ and the world of 3D in 2012 for a period as I explored other opportunities with various companies across the country, but when Chris called me up in late May, I found myself very excited at the chance to get back into the world of 3D and am happy to be back.

Together, we are focused on one thing: Doing what we love.

We have no agenda, nor other motive, other than to have the freedom to do what we love without the handicaps of big business mentalities or red-tape. We are a down-to-earth group that is sincere in our desire to do what's right and have fun while doing it.

We hope that we will have something of value to add to this great community, that is full of so many talented artists, and by doing so help provide even more potential for great art to be made by anyone.

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 11:19 AM

Thanks for clarifying Steve. I can't wait to see the new figure (and site) :).

Laurie

Ken _Gilliland ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 11:29 AM · edited Thu, 20 June 2013 at 11:31 AM
Online Now!

Quote - We have several other artists from within the community that are working together with us to help make this all a reality, and they shall reveal themselves at their own discretion...

Well, since all my products vanished yesterday at their former home and I've already received several emails wondering what's happened, I guess I'll come out... 

I'm now with Hivewire3D and the new model is awesome-- some of the most realistic joint bends I've ever seen :)

Songbird ReMix

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 11:31 AM

Bring it on!!!!!! Lol.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

mylemonblue ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2013 at 11:33 AM · edited Thu, 20 June 2013 at 11:35 AM
  • drums fingers on desk *

Yup, names I know, I guess I've been doing this Poser thing for to long. Images...please. I want to see what your new mesh looks like.

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.