Sat, Aug 3, 8:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Out of interest.....

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2013 at 11:20 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 12:30 PM

Has anyone done anything with the Poser Pro2014 physics engine yet?  It's a lot of fun to play with but I'm curious as to any serious applications people may have tried.

John.

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

3doutlaw ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2013 at 11:26 AM

Is this the Poser Physics 2012 product integrated into Poser? 

BionicRooster ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2013 at 12:09 PM · edited Tue, 09 July 2013 at 12:10 PM
Forum Moderator

No, it's the Bullet Physics engine

And Fugazi, a while back I made a brick wall, all seperate bricks, but I don't own the new Poser, so I technically can't even use it correctly yet.

As soon as I upgrade though, it's the 1st thing I'm trying out :o)

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2013 at 12:14 PM

As the venerable farmyard fowl says, it's the physics engine built into Poser Pro 2014 or indeed Poser 10 I believe :)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2013 at 12:38 PM

I still haven't quite figured out what it does. Or how to make it do something L

I plan to try it. I loved PoserPhysics back when it was the newfangled thing to play with :D Made some animations of people collapsing on the floor. But.. as I can understand from what little I've grasped here, the Bullet physics thing can't do that, right? As in.. no ragdoll thingie?

Then.. what is it meant for? Bowling animations? :) (genuinely curious because I'm still not sure what it can. I just noticed a Bullet engine or something in the hair room yesterday... but running the animation on the hair did absolutely nothing at all - all I wanted to do was to drape it a little more around the face.. it's obviously too ling since I've played in the Hair Room L)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2013 at 12:58 PM

Yeah it wont do teh ragdoll thingy, not without some serious messing around anyway and not with a figure.

You can do hard and soft body physics though.  Throw stuff at othre stuff etc, get props to reach to figures and figures to props.  You can make things wobble and jiggle and all sorts :)

John

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2013 at 12:59 PM

Bullet physics is a gaming engine. I am waiting for my new laptop before I get 2014 and can try it out. This old beast I am on can't handle much more than what I am throwing at it now, and the OS is 32 bit.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

WandW ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2013 at 1:07 PM

Cararra 8 uses Bullet Physics, but I haven't tried it there yet either...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

nobodyinparticular ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2013 at 3:23 PM

I have your tutorial set, working my way through. Frankly, at this point, that will probably be the last on my list. Still banging my head against the wall in the Fitting Room.

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2013 at 3:28 PM

The good ole fitting room :) it's a tricksy wee beastie for sure.

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2013 at 7:24 PM

Is there any way to trick Bullet Physics into making poses for a human figure? That too is what I want physics for... posing figures not bouncing props around. Could hands and feet be parented to props somehow to marrionet the figure? There was an old trick to simulate gravity on body parts using "Point To" but I can't recall how it worked. There was also an amazing scipt that posed figures using limits and a target prop that gave beautiful results but taxed the CPU I had at the time. What was that script? I guess you could use very low values of Bullet Physics to simmulate sag on fleshy parts of body but for me since I only do still single-frame stuff the Photoshop Fluid brush is easier.

3Dave ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2013 at 8:20 PM

I've had a few dabbles, your tutorial videos helped, I've bounced and broken a few things, managed to replicate Barney's bouncy belly and ball (from the CP webinar vid), made some bluebells shiver rather than wave in a breeze and starting to get some reasonable results with transmapped hair. The tricky/tedious bit is getting the weight maps right but live simulation helps enormously compared to running simulations.

It's a shame that geometry can't be exported though as it would useful for creating morphs and props. Hopefully there's an updated and integrated PoserPhysics on the way that will really add to the fun. The promo vids did hint at 3rd party developments.

@momodot, the only thing I've got that does what you're asking about poses is PoserPhysics 2012, ragdoll simulations with low joint stiffness, low gravity and Limits on, produce very good results.

momodot ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2013 at 8:25 PM

Thanks re. PoserPhysics 2012. SM product page does not say though if it works with PoserPro 2014. Anyone know if it does?

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2013 at 3:47 AM

It appears as one of the options to use in Hair room, so yes, I have used it as part of the simulation, but that's all I can say.  

Eternal Hobbyist

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2013 at 11:33 AM

Quote - It appears as one of the options to use in Hair room, so yes, I have used it as part of the simulation, but that's all I can say.  

I did try it in the hair room, can't say as it made an appreciable difference in the calc speed.  How does it seem to you?

heddheld ( ) posted Wed, 10 July 2013 at 12:01 PM

@ momodot there used to be a script called pose genie (think it stopped working on P7(maybe 6) and the creator dosnt seem to have done anything with it since??

had 3 ball props a seeker(parent to eg hand) a target, place that where you wanted hand to go and a base so you could limit the body part movements, was a lot of fun but took some practise getting it to do what you wanted

3Dave ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2013 at 10:05 AM

Sorry, no funny image to post, nothing to see,I just tried to drop a mannequin as a rigid object onto a trampoline (dynamic cloth plane with constrained corners) in live simulation, it fell, bounced, then disappeared from the camera view, all well and good. Calculate the sim, something might have been a bit too bouncey, at frame 30 the mannequin showed
-2147483648 degrees x,y,z rotation and -1.#IND0000 x,y,z translation

Hmmm, back to the drawing board...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.