Sat, Oct 5, 6:11 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: Star Wars and Black Cat Poser Content

gohanf22 ( ) posted Sun, 21 July 2013 at 7:54 AM · edited Mon, 30 September 2024 at 6:45 PM

Does anyone know where to get Star Wars or Black Cat from Spiderman Content?  I saw someone on DA that did awesome Star Wars characters in Poser and I'm curious where that person got it.  If anyone knows where I can get some content, would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

FreeBass ( ) posted Sun, 21 July 2013 at 10:11 AM

Phil C has a bit of SW content, & Vanishing point has a BUTTLOAD. Share CG as well.

I know I have a decent Cat, but buggered if I can 'member where I found it... mebbe Share CG. I know they have other comic characters (& a purdy decent search function)

Luck w/ yr search 

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 21 July 2013 at 3:04 PM

If you provide a link to the DA art-it might be easier to figure out what and where they got the content.

Thanks!

Quote - Does anyone know where to get Star Wars or Black Cat from Spiderman Content?  I saw someone on DA that did awesome Star Wars characters in Poser and I'm curious where that person got it.  If anyone knows where I can get some content, would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

gohanf22 ( ) posted Mon, 22 July 2013 at 6:41 PM

Here is the link of the artist.

http://aphrodite-ns.deviantart.com/

meatSim ( ) posted Tue, 23 July 2013 at 2:12 PM

Aph uses a ton of content form various artists.  a lot of it a recognize as not being starwars specific (aside from the lightsabers, lekku etc).  I think there is a lot of Alpha Seed content (RDNA) and other cool sci fi stuff.  The trick is having a large stable of content to draw from.  Some things you might own a whole set that you only use the boots.. or the gloves.. or just the top ..   Mixing and matching makes a big difference to capturing exactly the theme you want for your outfits.

There is a some free starwars specific stuff around as mentioned already.  

One thing you should be prepared for though, is that Aph puts a lot of work into her renders, I wouldnt expect to get the same results by just loading and rendering the same products.  

gohanf22 ( ) posted Tue, 23 July 2013 at 4:29 PM

Well I wasnt expecting to be that good right away. I'm not even close to it. All I was wondering is how she got the light sabers and lekku and the like. Cause I would love to do my own star wars renders.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 23 July 2013 at 4:44 PM

Lightsabers have to be done in post, or they don't look right.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2196804&user_id=663573&np&np

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Tue, 23 July 2013 at 8:07 PM

T

The Twilek head tails and head gear is something called The Community Lekku."

Do a search as I'm not sure where it resides.

meatSim ( ) posted Wed, 24 July 2013 at 8:24 PM

I wonder if the Older lekku are still around... the folder they live in was called northwatcher but I cant remember where I got them..  They would probably look pretty good in poser 10 with subdivision... they were just a little clunky without.  As much as I appreciate the work that went into the community lekku project from starsider.net.. I never really liked the result that much.  Even if it is perhaps closer to the source material than the other two options I can think of

meatSim ( ) posted Wed, 24 July 2013 at 8:29 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2013 at 8:29 PM

I -think- the sabers and weapons were made by J hoagland...  available at vanishingpoint.. i think..

ETA:  Yep!!

http://www.vanishingpoint.biz/freestuff.asp?StartNo=11

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2013 at 12:05 PM

The Community L are very close to Star Wars Lekku. I'll admit I got used to the older version-but the images in the links are using the Community L.

And they both look much better with SubD. I use 1 on V4 and 2 on the Lekku

Quote - I wonder if the Older lekku are still around... the folder they live in was called northwatcher but I cant remember where I got them..  They would probably look pretty good in poser 10 with subdivision... they were just a little clunky without.  As much as I appreciate the work that went into the community lekku project from starsider.net.. I never really liked the result that much.  Even if it is perhaps closer to the source material than the other two options I can think of

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2013 at 1:29 PM

file_496750.jpg

Here is the Community Lekku on my Twilek character

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2013 at 2:22 PM

The Vanishing Point light sabres are by Dodger.

Gohanf22, what version of Poser are you using?

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

rokket ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2013 at 2:23 PM

There are a lot of lightsabers here in the freebies section too. Lekku, I don't know.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2013 at 4:35 PM

I think the Community Lekku was posted on Deviantart

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 27 July 2013 at 5:30 PM

Didn't PhilC make one of those ..er ... lekkus? (don't hate me, I'm just not into -wars ;))

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.