Mon, Oct 21, 11:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:11 pm)

Subject: bullet time, anyone got to make something useful?

Gestah ( ) posted Wed, 21 August 2013 at 11:03 AM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 11:08 PM

tried to apply to hair and they explode. tried with clothing and they swoosh around the figure loke fog. I know it has to do with damping etc. but anyone got any tips on settings?

cspear ( ) posted Wed, 21 August 2013 at 12:03 PM

Bullet time: that weird slow motion effect from The Matrix

Bullet Physics: that new thing in Poser 10 that nobody* can get to work the way they want

*and by 'nobody' I mean me

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

basicwiz ( ) posted Wed, 21 August 2013 at 2:43 PM

Quote - Bullet Physics: that new thing in Poser 10 that nobody* can get to work the way they want

I'm SO glad it's not just me.

Oh well, they had to save somethi8ng to fix in Poser 11.

ghostship2 ( ) posted Wed, 21 August 2013 at 3:20 PM

you guys saying that it doesnt do what they show in Nerd3D's demo clip of it?

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

Gestah ( ) posted Wed, 21 August 2013 at 4:18 PM

Quote - you guys saying that it doesnt do what they show in Nerd3D's demo clip of it?

it does make Victoria "parts" jiggle if you want it to, and you can make some "amazing" curtains move, but lets say you want clothes and hair move realisticly while a figure is walking........... well I sort of guessed after the tutorial that that was the thing it was for

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 21 August 2013 at 4:18 PM
Site Admin

I don't believe Nerd3d covered hair. I haven't done much else with it yet.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

BionicRooster ( ) posted Wed, 21 August 2013 at 5:38 PM
Forum Moderator

I made a brick wall about 2 years ago, all individual bricks, that would be perfect for the Bullet Physics. Unfortunately, it will be a while before I can upgrade Poser to be able to even use it.

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

ghostship2 ( ) posted Wed, 21 August 2013 at 9:02 PM

clothing: dynamic cloth...it's something diff than the bullet physics stuff and you should stick with that when doing "realistic" cloth movement, same with hair..stick with the hair room. the bullet stuff should be what Rooster was talking about... bricks banging around and stuff...forgive the grammer and stuff Ive had a few beers...

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

Gestah ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 9:02 AM

well yes, the cloth room makes downloadable content explode unless it is dynamic, and I hate working with dynamic clothing. the hair room, with all the time and effort I put in, I still get only weid alien moving resource hungry  blondish hair.

I guess I took too much of a leap of faith and imagination to think that bullet physics fixed all that

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 11:22 AM

@ Gestah

The cloth room requires a single group object file.

Never go into the cloth room from a cr2.

One single group object file is what the cloth room needs.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.