Fri, Jul 12, 2:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 11 1:35 pm)

Subject: Dawn in the Marketplace: Why no characters/textures?

Photopium ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 3:43 PM · edited Fri, 12 July 2024 at 1:50 AM

Seems to be light on these items.  I'm waiting to pounce on the first one I like.

Latexluv ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 4:03 PM

Umm, not a Rendo, but my first Character for Dawn, Avonaria, went live today at Dawn's home site. :)

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

FaeMoon ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 4:59 PM

I've bought several characters.  Virtual World's Niki and also Alexis at Hivewire, Sav's Maraki and Tempest3D's Lycia.  Exotique by MSTene at RDNA.  I bought Anglemoon's eyes.  I probably will get Sveva's girl when I get paid at the end of the month.  Pretty textures there. 

I would like a merchant recource skin though.  I know  you can use the default Dawn texture, but additional ones for other ethnicities would be good.

andolaurina ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 5:05 PM

More will come in time, I'm sure. I'm working on a character, and I know several other people are as well. 

There are some "intricacies" with Dawn that require a little extra work to make a high-quality texture and morph for her.

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

Photopium ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 8:50 PM

I didn't even realize there was a store at hivewire.  I live in a cave, it seems.  Thanks.

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Thu, 22 August 2013 at 11:47 PM

I am also scanning the stores waiting for another character that is not a pale caucasian. I have Exotique, and so far that has been the only one that suited my needs. If the texture converter utility becomes a reality I won't need any more caucasian skins for Dawn since I have more than 400 skins for V4. I am really trying not to buy any more white female characters.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

ssgbryan ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2013 at 1:32 AM

Quote - I am also scanning the stores waiting for another character that is not a pale caucasian. I have Exotique, and so far that has been the only one that suited my needs. If the texture converter utility becomes a reality I won't need any more caucasian skins for Dawn since I have more than 400 skins for V4. I am really trying not to buy any more white female characters.

You and me both.

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2013 at 5:53 AM

There is not enough diversity in characters and black characters often do not have black facial morphs.

Magic_Man ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2013 at 7:54 AM

Very shallow I know but I don't find them 'pretty' enough yet... sticking with my V4's by Mihrelle, Godin, P3Design etc. for now.

Helos ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2013 at 9:16 AM

Yes, me too! 

I'm waiting for a Dawn charactere/texture that really pleases me 

... and I really like my V4. 

Henning 

FaeMoon ( ) posted Fri, 23 August 2013 at 11:06 AM

I bought 3D Coat and working on some faces for Dawn.  I might get adventurous this weekend and try textures, too.  

mamba-negra ( ) posted Sat, 24 August 2013 at 2:09 PM

Yeah, I'm looking forward to my favorite artists here offering Dawn characters....espcially for 3.50;)   (I know...fat chance...at least for now) 

I am happy to see lots of stuff for her. I've spent way more than I should have this month, mostly because of the new figure. 

FaeMoon ( ) posted Mon, 26 August 2013 at 1:49 PM

Quote - Yeah, I'm looking forward to my favorite artists here offering Dawn characters....espcially for 3.50;)   (I know...fat chance...at least for now) 

I am happy to see lots of stuff for her. I've spent way more than I should have this month, mostly because of the new figure. 

Sveva has a prime make up expansion for dawn based of the skin, but you could mix this with other's morphs and have lots of other options.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/sv-dawn-skin/100555/

I'm getting this on payday.  :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.