Sun, Oct 6, 6:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Disable "Force Limits" on every body part?

TheOwl ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2013 at 10:07 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 10:56 AM

I loaded Genesis into Poser. It turns out that Genesis already has his rotations locked to a certain degree which I can disable by unchecking the "Force Limits" check box.

But it will be a pain to do all of that on every parameter and joint. Is there an easier way to disable this?

A script perhaps?

Passion is anger and love combined. So if it looks angry, give it some love!

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2013 at 10:39 PM

http://weblog.damageinc3d.net/Weblog/?p=2529

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2013 at 10:43 PM · edited Sat, 31 August 2013 at 10:44 PM

Try this script by IgnisSerpentus :)

Edit: Ninja'd!

TheOwl ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2013 at 10:56 PM

Yay! Looks like I wont have to exercise my fingers unnecessarily!!!

TheOwl ( ) posted Sat, 31 August 2013 at 11:22 PM

Looks like I spoke too soon!

"Also, will not remove limits from JCM’s nor rotations/translation and scale."

**I tried to twist the arm and it is still stuck on its limits. Looks like this script is only for morphs!

aRtBee ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 3:13 AM

what's wrong with the Figure > Use Limits menu option? It keeps all limits intact but just ignores them.

Just for curiosity: why do you want No Limits? They prevent you from creating very unnatural poses and moves.

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

IgnisSerpentus ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 5:29 AM · edited Sun, 01 September 2013 at 5:31 AM

Here's another tutorial someone did and asked me to post - this will show you how to easily edit Genesis, and turn the limits off (and this includes the rotations)

http://www.damageinc3d.net/Misc/P2014LimitsFixGenesis2Female.pdf

Unfortunately, you will have to use DAZ Studio to do it

DarwinsMishap ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 6:18 AM

Unfortunately- I have never loaded Genesis into Poser, so I'm useless here.  XD

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 7:29 AM · edited Sun, 01 September 2013 at 7:31 AM

file_497788.TXT

> Quote - what's wrong with the Figure > Use Limits menu option? It keeps all limits intact but just ignores them.

If the limits are set, but not forced, then aRtBee is correct, just turn off "Use Limits" in the Figure menu. However,  if the limits are indeed forced, then turning off "Use Limits" will have no effect.

Attached above is the text of a pz2 (pose) file to unforce limits on the currently selected actor. Remove the ".TXT" part of the file extension, and save it to any pose folder.

It would of course be possible to create a pz2 to unforce the rotation limits for an entire figure. I don't have the time or inclination to do that at the moment, but the format for such a pose should be like so:

{

version
    {
    number 3
    }

actor BODY
    {
    channels
        {
        rotateY yrot
            {
            forceLimits 0
            }
        rotateZ zrot
            {
            forceLimits 0
            }
        rotateX xrot
            {
            forceLimits 0
            }
        }
    }

actor hip
    {
    channels
        {
        rotateY yrot
            {
            forceLimits 0
            }
        rotateZ zrot
            {
            forceLimits 0
            }
        rotateX xrot
            {
            forceLimits 0
            }
        }
    }

#[etc... all the other actors need to be included here]

}

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 8:10 AM · edited Sun, 01 September 2013 at 8:22 AM

file_497789.TXT

OK, I decided to do a pose to unforce rotation limits on an entire figure. I don't have Genisis, so I made the pose for V4. To the extent that Genisis contains the same actors as V4 (I guess it probably does), then the pose should also work on Genisis (or other figures). If Genisis has any extra actors, then you would need to edit those into the pose (using a text editor).

The pose is not much use for V4 itself, because, if I remember correctly, by default, V4's rotation limits are not forced.

TheOwl ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 10:04 AM

Quote -
OK, I decided to do a pose to unforce rotation limits on an entire figure. I don't have Genisis, so I made the pose for V4. To the extent that Genisis contains the same actors as V4 (I guess it probably does), then the pose should also work on Genisis (or other figures). If Genisis has any extra actors, then you would need to edit those into the pose (using a text editor).

The pose is not much use for V4 itself, because, if I remember correctly, by default, V4's rotation limits are not forced.

The ON version of your script didn't work but The OFF version perfectly did what I expected. Thanks!

TheOwl ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 10:07 AM

file_497791.png

> Quote - Just for curiosity: why do you want No Limits? They prevent you from creating very unnatural poses and moves.

...so that you can BREAK PEOPLE's ARMz!!!!!

aRtBee ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 10:29 AM

thanks for the colorful response, I see your point (although I just would have altered one limit for one limb though, even breaking arms follows limits, if they break at the joint at all. But that's a matter of taste).

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

lesbentley ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 12:03 PM

Quote - The ON version of your script didn't work but The OFF version perfectly did what I expected. Thanks!

The "ON version"? I didn't post an "on"  version! Both poses UNforce the limits. the 'RotLimitUF.pz2' only affects the currently selected actor, and only works in P5 and above. The 'RotLimitsUF_V4.pz2' pose should work in any Poser version, and affects the entire figure.

However you should be able to take either pose into a text editor and replace all instances of the string "forceLimits 0" with "forceLimits 1" to create poses to [re]force the limits.

TheOwl ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2013 at 2:58 PM

Quote - > Quote - The ON version of your script didn't work but The OFF version perfectly did what I expected. Thanks!

The "ON version"? I didn't post an "on"  version! Both poses UNforce the limits. the 'RotLimitUF.pz2' only affects the currently selected actor, and only works in P5 and above. The 'RotLimitsUF_V4.pz2' pose should work in any Poser version, and affects the entire figure.

However you should be able to take either pose into a text editor and replace all instances of the string "forceLimits 0" with "forceLimits 1" to create poses to [re]force the limits.

Oh I see now. Thanks for letting me know. I am going to rename it immediately!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.