Sun, Oct 6, 6:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: A Shot From My Latest Project...

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2013 at 6:25 PM · edited Tue, 20 August 2024 at 11:44 PM

file_498974.jpg

Here's a shot from my latest project. The shocks, coils and wheels are fully rigged to operate as in the real world. Fleshing this out has made me want to add one more rigging detail to the front tires though...I want them to slightly rotate inward and outward along the z axis for some flex. Any thoughts and comments are welcomed.

Comitted to excellence through art.

Ragtopjohnny ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2013 at 7:37 PM

Very cool and good job.  😄

Poser Pro 2012/3DS Max 2013/Adobe Photoshop Elements 10/Zbrush/

PC: HP Z820 Workstation, 3.30 ghz 8 core Intel Processor, 2gig nvidia Quadro, 16 gig of Ram and 2TB Hard Drive.

mrsparky ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2013 at 9:22 PM · edited Sun, 20 October 2013 at 9:22 PM

file_498976.jpg

Nicely done! Quick questions, how are you making the front wheels and suspension work? Currently Working on a semi-toon style halloween car. Only a 3rd in on the modelling so not as refined as yours:) On the WIP areas in grey can turn/rotate, areas in red are what the wheel turns on. White line will be a mock steering bar connected to a box, similar to yours. No suspension on the toon model, but curious if you'll also make that work on yours. Doing the top/bottom static, then using 2 movable cylinders inside the spring is easy enough. But I've not found a solution to making the spring 'squish' yet.

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

DarkEdge ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2013 at 9:58 PM

Thanks!

Sparks, it's all done with dependent parameters, morphs and point at commands. 😄

DreamlandModels ( ) posted Sun, 20 October 2013 at 10:40 PM

Hi DarkEdge,

Excellent modeling! Have no suggestions. Rigging is fun. Learned it from Phil. Quite the brilliant man. :-)

Tom

vilters ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2013 at 3:09 AM

That is extremely good. A work of art. Outstanding job.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

DarkEdge ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2013 at 9:04 AM

Thanks Tom and Vilters...it's totally fun!

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Mon, 21 October 2013 at 9:14 AM

great  work

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.