Wed, Sep 18, 10:53 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Face Color Doesn't Match Body

romangirl ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2013 at 7:33 PM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 3:59 PM

Using Poser 9, I created a V4++ character that looks very much like the real model. But try as I may, I can't get her face to match the color of her body.  There is color in her body, but her face is more grey.  

I don't think I added makeup when I created her.   She doesn't appear to have makeup.  I wanted to attach a picture here, but can't figure out how to "Insert?/Edit an image.   Any help is appreciated.

Sue

JimTS ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2013 at 8:07 PM

file_500542.jpg

You Attach

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

markschum ( ) posted Tue, 31 December 2013 at 10:24 PM

can you post the material settings for the face and body ?

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2014 at 3:35 PM

file_500581.jpg

Here is a picture of the character.   Notice the body has more color than her face.  

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2014 at 3:40 PM

file_500582.jpg

Here are the Material Room readings...

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2014 at 3:42 PM

file_500583.jpg

I can't change the black diffuse color in the material room....

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2014 at 3:48 PM
Online Now!

You should actually use the Advanced tab for the Material Room; it provides more detail and information, and better control over the nodes.  Then post a screencap of the node layout.

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2014 at 3:54 PM

Thanks.  I did try the advanced tab, but it didn't help.  I'll try again.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2014 at 3:57 PM
Online Now!

Understandable if you are unsure where to resolve the problem.

Tunesy ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2014 at 4:52 PM · edited Wed, 01 January 2014 at 4:53 PM

I have one or two texture sets where you have to apply both a body texture mat pose AND a face texture mat pose.  Otherwise I get exactly what you're describing.  Not sure why the creators did it like that.  I was chasing my tail for a while before realizing I needed to apply a face texture mat pose separately.

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2014 at 5:43 PM

Material setups can only be compared in the advanced material room.

But even from your basic screengrabs, you can see for yourself that the material setup is compeltely different between the torso and the head..

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2014 at 6:36 PM

Totally different.  I love the character, hate to start all over again.

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2014 at 7:14 PM

Quote - Totally different.  I love the character, hate to start all over again.

There's no reason to; it's just a matter of getting the material settings right.  Post screenshots of the advanced tab for the head and body...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2014 at 8:18 PM

file_500590.jpg

Here are the Advanced Face and Torso settings.

romangirl ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2014 at 8:19 PM

file_500591.jpg

The body....

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2014 at 8:44 PM · edited Wed, 01 January 2014 at 8:45 PM

The body has an advanced shader (looks like one of Bagginsbills) while the one for the head is very basic.  I'd look in the folder where you loaded your texture and see if there is an advanced maerial there for the head.

Alternatively, you could note the maps used for the head ( if you click on the bar next to the eye on the Image_map nodes you can click on Image Source and see the file name) Then right-click in the body material window, select Select All and then copy it, and go to the head material window, Select All and paste.  You will them need to change the image maps to those for the head; The top one is the texture and the second one is the bump map...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 01 January 2014 at 8:57 PM
Online Now!

As WandW posts, the face texture is very basic with a tint to the diffuse_color chip which really shouldn't be there.  That chip should be white (double clicking on the chip will give you the option to change the color).  

The torso view does show a complicated node arrangement, but I don't thing it is a BB creation.  Typically, BB uses Alt_Diffuse as the primary plugin for texture maps; this one does not.  But I do see a blue chip for the Alt_Specular which leads me to believe that this particular arrangement is borrowed from an original V4 mat texture.  

Again, I agree with WandW, an advanced texture set for the face should be located somewhere, perhaps under Materials.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 9:55 AM · edited Thu, 02 January 2014 at 9:59 AM

Just run EZSkin on the whole figure?

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 10:01 AM

I agree with Monkeycloud. EZSkin.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

romangirl ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 10:21 AM

Thank you!   I will try that.

romangirl ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 11:35 AM

file_500604.jpg

I tried EZSkin, but it didn't "take." It said V4 wasn't supported.  Odd.   I am working with the diffuse color chip, which was black.  It's working!  But I've lost a bit of her facial structure.  I just have to play with it.  Thanks all!

Sue

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Thu, 02 January 2014 at 12:16 PM

If EZSkin says V4 isn't supported, you haven't imported the character definitions into EZskin.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

RawArt ( ) posted Fri, 03 January 2014 at 3:15 PM

Select every node in the body setup and copy it...then go to the face setup and delete everything there and paste the body setup in the face.

Then swap all the relevant maps to the face.

Copy that to the rest of the face (nostril, lips)

romangirl ( ) posted Sat, 25 January 2014 at 1:53 PM

I'm still having troubles with the face color not matching the body.  When rendering begins, a face mask appears.  It is like what someone would wear to a masquerade ball.  It is yellowish. This does not happen with any other characters.   Can anyone tell me why this happens?  I think this is why I cannot fix the face color.   Thanks again!

romangirl ( ) posted Sat, 25 January 2014 at 2:38 PM

Before rendering, I just unchecked Presurface Scattering, and that removed the mask before rendering.  

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 25 January 2014 at 4:42 PM
Online Now!

Bear in mind and depending on the model, there are multiple texture maps which dress the figure.  They maybe a combination of face & torso, or face, torso, & limbs.  They should also come from a common texture map specifically created to a character.  Mixing and matching will not work well because there is variability between character maps.  

There should also be identical shader nodes for all the body parts or you will have variability between body areas.  What you just described means that there are additional shader nodes for the face which responded to SubSurface Scatter while the torso did not.  

EZSkin will standardize the MATRoom shaders across all the body parts and improve the texture if you are working with a fairly basic node set up.  However, it will not correct texture differences if you decide to borrow maps from different characters.

romangirl ( ) posted Sat, 25 January 2014 at 5:02 PM

Your advice is good!  EZ Skin didn't help me.  I fear that I will just have to recreate my character with matching texture maps.  Thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.