Sat, Sep 21, 11:58 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 8:54 am)

Subject: DAZ Studio Gallery question

jakiblue ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2014 at 9:23 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:36 PM

for a while now, I've been really curious about the little blurb on the DS gallery.

This gallery is primarily for images rendered within DAZ|Studio itself. Images of DAZ|Studio figures rendered in other applications are still welcome, but what's the challenge in that? See how well you can do using its basic rendering tools!

Do you think it may be time to change that "..basic rendering tools" ? :D I most certainly do NOT want to engage in some flame war about Poser vs DS, but for a while now, the "basic rendering tools" hasn't been valid for DS. It just seems really...condescending. It gets up my nose every time I see it. :D You only have to browse through the DS gallery to see some utterly gorgeous art in there.

Would it be possible to remove that particular sentence? Like I said, it just reads so patronizing and condescending. :D*

Razor42 ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2014 at 9:34 PM

I have to agree, but this is nothing out of the ordinary here.

Renderosity despite what its marketing declares is rather Posercentric in many areas. 

Have a look at the age of the FAQ at the top of the Daz forums, I have asked if it could be updated and even went to the effort to write a replacement which is pinned at the top of the forum. Though the thread has been cold for a while now and tbh if the admins can't be bothered following it up nor can I.

I've pretty much given up on trying to motivate any change here and just accepted that Renderosity is primarily ran as a Poser web site which is a shame as I believe there's room for both communities here.

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2014 at 10:27 PM
Forum Coordinator

This will be checked into. :)

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator
May the hands of fate be kind to you and yours. :)
guardian_angel_671@renderosity.com

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Tue, 04 February 2014 at 3:43 PM
Forum Coordinator

It was edited & updated. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator
May the hands of fate be kind to you and yours. :)
guardian_angel_671@renderosity.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.