Wed, Sep 18, 7:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Update for Windows Update for Win 7 and Vista; fixes update errors

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2014 at 7:23 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 2:33 AM

My wife was having problems today with some Windows 7 updates refusing to install.  I Googled the error code and came up with this article.  The "System Update Readiness Tool" download seems to have fixed the issue...

Fix Windows Update corruption errors such as 0x80070002 and 0x80070057

Windows Update corruption errors prevent Windows updates and service packs from installing. For example, an update might not install if a system file is damaged. If the error you see is in the following list, try the solution in this article.

0x80070002 | 0x8007000D | 0x800F081F | 0x80073712 | 0x800736CC | 0x800705B9 | 0x80070246 | 0x8007370D | 0x8007370B | 0x8007370A | 0x80070057 | 0x800B0100 | 0x80092003 | 0x800B0101 | 0x8007371B | 0x80070490

If your error is not listed or if your are running Windows XP, try the Windows Update Troubleshooter.

Resolution#### Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 R2 or Windows Server 2012

To resolve this problem, use the inbox Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. Then, install the Windows update or service pack again. 1. Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search. Type Command Prompt in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.

1. Type the following commands. Press Enter after each command.
    NoteIt may take several minutes for each command operation to be completed. - DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
  • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
  1. Close the command prompt, and then run Windows Update again.

DISM creates a log file (%windir%/Logs/CBS/CBS.log) that captures any issues that the tool found or fixed. %windir% is the folder in which Windows is installed. For example, the %windir% folder is C:Windows.

Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2008

To resolve this problem, use the System Update Readiness tool. Then, install the Windows update or service pack again.Download the System Update Readiness tool.
Click the download link in the following table that corresponds to the version of Windows that is running on your computer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947821

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

aRtBee ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2014 at 2:31 AM

Thanks, so they've start fixing their fixes...

Every now and then I run into an update which won't install automatically on my Win7-64.

In most cases, it helps when I download the update files manually from following the update-error-messages, it must be soms 64bit/access-authority thing. In rare cases, the update won't install manually either, then I check the ignore option. After soms time MS issues a new fix, including the older issues, which does install.

BTW/1 I never let Windows install updates automatically by itself, it only might do so at my command. Some updates are interfering with Poser use, or with Poser overnight render jobs (performing a system restart and alike...)

BTW/2 Automatic updates on the Vista-32 machine run fine, though. That is, recent ones seem to generate conflicts with the - latest but old - nvidia driver for the Ti560GS card, causing BSOD at startup. I had to shut down the driver completely to handle that. According to the net, the issue appears for all versions of that 560 driver. So be informed.

all the best...

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2014 at 6:18 PM

The headline phrase "Fixes update errors" can be taken two ways, and the other way is probably most appropriate.,...

Don't run your computer with old-fashioned errors!  MS gives you the latest and greatest *brand-new errors! *

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

WandW ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2014 at 7:35 PM

Quote - Don't run your computer with old-fashioned errors!  MS gives you the latest and greatest *brand-new errors! *

Truer words are rarely spoken... :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Osper ( ) posted Tue, 18 March 2014 at 4:07 PM

Yeah after the IE11 fiasco, I go over every "upgrade" manually.  Though............I haven't seen the above errors.  (But I'm now prepared)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.