Thu, Sep 19, 3:07 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: First Person POV camera

CuriousGeorge ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2014 at 11:42 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 11:05 PM

Hi Everyone,

I tried searching for this in the forums and no luck so far,..so I'll ask in this thread.

I have created 4 sections of hallway that connect to each other so that, if you were to walk all the way around it, it loops to the first hallway section.  When I try to animate the camera to go through the loop (to represent a first-person view), the camera always messes up at the corners -  When I rotate the camera as I turn the corners, it physically moves outside of the structure.  It's as if the the camera's rotating on an axis that is offset from its' actual center.

I'm not sure if this is due to the FOV.  I tried putting a sphere in front of the camera and having the camera point at it.  But this had the same result (even when setting the keyframes to linear).

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks!

wimvdb ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2014 at 2:32 AM

Use a dolly camera, that will rotate around its own axis

And create a new one if you need more

CuriousGeorge ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2014 at 9:23 PM

Well that was a bit too obvious,...THANK YOU!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.