Wed, Sep 18, 7:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Poser Upgrade Sale....Here!

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2014 at 6:21 AM · edited Wed, 11 September 2024 at 1:24 AM

Poser 10 upgrade (from Poser 7 or higher) $62.39 until Wednesday, May 21st.

PP2014 upgrade (from Poser 6 or higher or Debut) $189 until Sunday.May 18th, $199 from the 19th-21st.

http://www.renderosity.com/save-on-poser-now--cms-17089

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

3doutlaw ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2014 at 7:53 AM

What happened to the last discussion we had about a ~$200 upgrade?  (link)

moriador ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2014 at 2:38 PM

Well, this time I think I'm going to swallow my sour grapes and take the offer. Upgrade only gives me an additional $10, but I'll take it happily. :D 

It's a great deal for previous owners of Poser who have an earlier version, as it puts upgrades and sidegrades all into one group.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2014 at 2:51 PM
Online Now!

Quote - What happened to the last discussion we had about a ~$200 upgrade?

People were using that thread as a personal complaint board to bash S-M's business practices long after the sale was over, as tho this is some kind of customer service board for them, which it's not, so I trashed it. 

:)

~Shane

pumeco ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2014 at 3:50 PM

Times like this I wish SM would be more open about updates.  I've been hoping for a sale and would have gone for this if I'd known there would be an SR4 for it within the return period.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2014 at 10:11 AM

Quote - People were using that thread as a personal complaint board to bash S-M's business practices long after the sale was over, as tho this is some kind of customer service board for them, which it's not, so I trashed it. 

:)

~Shane

Just curious, I've seen whole threads locked here, but not deleted.  Deletion is more common on other sites...

For those who posted their feelings about that sale, in hopes that Smith Micro may look at this board periodically to see how users react to their sales, marketing and product direction...thats unfortunate.

:(

moriador ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2014 at 11:01 AM

@3doutlaw... I'd argue that maybe someone did look, took note, and that's why we have the current upgrade sale that we do have.

In any case, one thing I'm fairly sure SM isn't doing is looking through threads that have devolved into quarrelsome complaining. If you have a serious complaint with SM or the software they produce, you'd be better served by contacting them directly. Just because you don't get a reply, doesn't mean you haven't been heard.

$189 upgrade for people who are Pro owners isn't shockingly great, but it's good enough for me, and I happily bought it. As I said above, for people who own Poser 6 or 7, however, it's an amazing price. Rather than complaining, I'd rather shepherd folks who own a previous version into a purchase. If enough people upgrade, the marketplace will begin to reflect that by increasing the number of products that use the newer technology, and that's good for everyone.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2014 at 7:35 PM

No complaints here, I'm happy for you, just surprised about the thread deletion here at Rendo.

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 17 May 2014 at 8:05 PM

I actually was too, as I was the OP of that thread.  I recall that I had suggested that it be locked, as it had drifted and the sale was over.  I must have missed some interesting posts for it to be deleted... 😉

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

moriador ( ) posted Sun, 18 May 2014 at 1:03 AM

Quote - No complaints here, I'm happy for you, just surprised about the thread deletion here at Rendo.

Ah! Okay. :)  Thread deletion no longer surprises me. 

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sun, 18 May 2014 at 3:28 AM
Online Now!

Quote - I actually was too, as I was the OP of that thread.  I recall that I had suggested that it be locked, as it had drifted and the sale was over.  I must have missed some interesting posts for it to be deleted... 

I've been trying to handle things in a way that doesn't count as harshly against individual members, such as removing threads instead of deleting individual posts. But if everyone would rather I delete more posts, which will result in more warnings and suspensions, instead of just removing threads, I can do that. Either way, the derogatory information will be removed. 

~Shane

obm890 ( ) posted Sun, 18 May 2014 at 5:19 AM

Quote - I've been trying to handle things in a way that doesn't count as harshly against individual members, such as removing threads instead of deleting individual posts.

If out-of-line individual members are the problem, how is deleting whole threads a solution? All you are doing is wiping the slate clean for those members every time, and the forum suffers because whole discussions disappear.

Most people never see what comments lead to a thread getting deleted, one minute it is interesting, next minute it is gone, with no indication of what happened in between or who ruined it for everyone else.

The current pattern of moderators sweeping all the dirt under the rug (or chopping dirty patches out of the rug) isn't working, the forum is poorer for it. Sure, there's less visible conflict, but there's no life either. It's no wonder contributors like Joe Public are looking elsewhere.

Name and shame the troublemakers, leaving the offending posts as evidence, and let the forum return to being a place where people can discuss stuff.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sun, 18 May 2014 at 2:34 PM
Online Now!

Quote - If out-of-line individual members are the problem, how is deleting whole threads a solution? All you are doing is wiping the slate clean for those members every time, and the forum suffers because whole discussions disappear. Most people never see what comments lead to a thread getting deleted, one minute it is interesting, next minute it is gone, with no indication of what happened in between or who ruined it for everyone else.

The current pattern of moderators sweeping all the dirt under the rug (or chopping dirty patches out of the rug) isn't working, the forum is poorer for it. Sure, there's less visible conflict, but there's no life either. It's no wonder contributors like Joe Public are looking elsewhere.

Name and shame the troublemakers, leaving the offending posts as evidence, and let the forum return to being a place where people can discuss stuff.

My job is to keep the forums clean and friendly to ALL users. That means removing derogatory posts, off-topic threads (such as why you think yahoo or facebook or DAZ or this/that movie sucks), arguments, etc. If the majority of a thread consists of that then the whole thread gets removed. If there's any real useful information in it then I try to keep the thread intact. 

For some reason, many people seem to think this is the place they can come to get on their soap boxes and air their dirty laundry over the business practices of other companies. It's not. 

I've stated repeatedly that this is not the customer service complaint department for Smith Micro, or DAZ, or any other business. Your ill will towards other companies for whatever reasons do not belong here. This forum is intended to discuss the functionality of the Poser software itself and the content that functions in it. Smith Micro's official Poser forum is at RuntimeDNA. If you have complaints about Smith Micro, you can take those complaints to that site, where they have a far greater chance of being seen by somebody that can actually do something about it. No one here can do anything about your billing issues or invalid serial numbers or your feelings of getting shafted over upgrade prices, or any of that. That's between you and Smith Micro. Renderosity has nothing to do with it.  

These are the real reasons why many people leave the forum, because they're sick of reading all the mudslinging that goes on about other companies and other users. It's not allowed at any other forum, so what would justify it being allowed here? There is no justification for it. 

I've also stated repeatedly that I'm not your personal editor. It's not my problem if you're incapable of following Renderosity's ToS. If I see a post that contains derogatory, inflamatory or argumentative wording, I'm deleting the whole post. I'm not going to spend hours of my time editing your temper tantrums because you haven't learned how to discuss an issue like a mature adult and keep your posts on topic and within the ToS. I don't get paid for this, it's mostly volunteer with a few perks. I offered to take over the job because BasicWiz was leaving and no one else seemed to be interested in it, which I understand now why that is. I've tried to be fair to everyone and make it clear what is and is not acceptable, but that doesn't seem to work either. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.  

I haven't removed that many threads to be honest, and most of the ones I have removed, I posted a warning in the thread first, but as usual it was ignored and the arguing continues. So the whole thread gets axed. 

It's abundantly clear to me now why BasicWiz left and I have to wonder why he stayed as long as he did. I'm seriously considering doing the same since no one seems to respect a moderator's position and instead seem to have delusions that we're out to censor them. 

Thanks for making me derail another thread. So get back to the original discussion please. 

~Shane

3doutlaw ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2014 at 10:49 AM

What is funny is that I swore when Poser Pro 2014 came out, I would get 2012 once it dropped below $100, and get that.  That's happened, but now I find myself liking 2014 features, and have decided to wait for that...

My plan is not quite working out as I thought.  :tongue1:

moriador ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2014 at 4:03 PM

Having just bought 2014 in the upgrade sale, I can say that the difference in render speed alone is a decent reason to get it.

The fitting room is awesome.

The new morphing tools are also excellent.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.