Wed, Sep 18, 11:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Would anyone like this hair?

Believable3D ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2014 at 8:18 PM · edited Wed, 28 August 2024 at 5:50 AM

file_506518.jpg

I'm contemplating the possibility of putting together a bundle of dynamic hair, and as sort of a warmup I've put this together. It's a semi-Goth style: very short on the sides and long and pulled back on top. It's far from perfect, but if anyone thinks it may have its uses, I'll figure out how to bundle it and offer as a freebie.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Software: Windows 10 Professional/Poser Pro 11/Photoshop/Postworkshop 3

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2014 at 9:10 PM

i like it and could  use it

3D-Mobster ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2014 at 9:36 PM

Thats not bad, I try the hair room once in a while, but always give up, i really dont get the controls and my hair always looks bad, so i give up quite fast. :D

Really hope they make some serious improvements to that room. Maybe so you could create single lines that you can use to control hair within a set range so it was possible to get the hair to flow like you wanted a bit more easy. 

Believable3D ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2014 at 10:32 PM

Thanks, guys. I've uploaded the package and it's waiting approval. When it's available, please do let me know if I have any packaging (or other) errors. It's looks to be a simple process, but perhaps I overlooked something.

Hardware: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X/MSI MAG570 Tomahawk X570/Zotac Geforce GTX 1650 Super 4GB/32GB OLOy RAM

Cage ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2014 at 10:36 PM · edited Sun, 10 August 2014 at 10:37 PM

That looks very effective.  I like the stubble on the sides.

Some time in 1992, I found myself in a room full of kids (ah, we were all kids, then) with that basic hairstyle.  One of them looked around and noted that, in a group of people who saw themselves as rebels, it was rather interesting that everyone had the same haircut.  :lol:  I wanted to point out that I wasn't much of a rebel, more a fan of the cartoons of Jaime Hernandez.  With my hair texture, I rather looked like Bizarro Bozo the Clown, with that sort of cut.

Umm.  :unsure:  I... like the stubble on the sides.  It would be interesting to study how you've structured this hair.

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Believable3D ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2014 at 10:38 PM

I'm guessing someone may have fun making the top/center part black and the sides bright red or something. :p

I packaged it all as blonde, but I also included about 15 other hair materials that I've been working on.

Believable3D ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2014 at 10:42 PM · edited Sun, 10 August 2014 at 10:43 PM

Quote - I... like the stubble on the sides.  It would be interesting to study how you've structured this hair.

It's really pretty basic. [Edit: Only three groups: top, and two sides.] The top is pulled back, and the sides are short and pulled slightly down and back.

I realize now I could have turned down the verts per hair on the sides. I left them at the default (20). The long hair is 50. I also have pretty high density, so obviously, it's a bit of a resource hog. Some users will want to turn down some settings.

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 5:53 AM

I like it.  Straight out of 1958.  Bobbysox, poodle skirts, Bobby Darin, Hot-rod Lincoln!

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 6:02 AM
Site Admin

I could see me using this. Thanks

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

parkdalegardener ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 7:15 AM

Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen did a great cover of that tune.

quietrob ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 8:58 AM

Quote - > Quote - I... like the stubble on the sides.  It would be interesting to study how you've structured this hair.

...I realize now I could have turned down the verts per hair on the sides. I left them at the default (20). The long hair is 50. I also have pretty high density, so obviously, it's a bit of a resource hog. Some users will want to turn down some settings.

I like the hair but I want to try out changing the settings so it's not quite the resource hog.  Is the hair at your site?

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 1:47 PM

yes, it's very nice!

Believable3D ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 2:59 PM

Okay, it was approved for the freestuff section. You can find it here: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=74229

Believable3D ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 3:03 PM

file_506536.jpg

At high hair density there are a few loose strands that didn't settle down. If you need to render the back, you may want to run a short sim to get it to settle. If you lower the density and use thicker hair instead you probably won't have the issue (I don't think any of the guide hairs are sticking out like this), but for myself I prefer the realism of the current settings.

Sa_raneth ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 3:15 PM

got it  thank you

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 4:44 PM · edited Mon, 11 August 2014 at 4:46 PM
Site Admin

The reason for the stray hair is that you have several stran guides that are much shorter than the rest of the group. If you drasitcally change length of guides, poser has trouble filling in the in between hairs.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Believable3D ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 4:46 PM

Thanks for the tip!

Believable3D ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2014 at 4:47 PM

I guess if I had made them just long enough to curl down, I wouldn't have those strays.

phil_lawson ( ) posted Wed, 20 August 2014 at 9:02 AM

I'm as bald as a coot so I'd like any hair.. Oh, hang on, I see what you're getting at..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.