Thu, Sep 19, 9:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 9:06 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: PP2014GameDev,that exports FBX,so...Is it possible to import scenes in Blender?

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2014 at 3:32 PM · edited Mon, 26 August 2024 at 9:39 PM

Hi
1- Is it possible now , to import Poser scenes in blender textured rigged, animated fbx, from PP 2014 game dev?

another doubt:

2- The cycles render of blender, can be compared with Octane Render?
3- The cycles render, also uses GPU rendering ... The cycles when in GPU mode, only limited to the memory of the video card?
Or even gpu mode still uses memories of the system?

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2014 at 6:02 PM
Forum Moderator

Hello Jorge

1 I cant comment on the new FBX export for Poser Game Dev since it is still relativily new and have not upgraded to this version as of yet so hopefully someone will chime in soon.

2 I have had pretty good success with Cycles render and my GPU is on the low end so I render using my Systems memory. I have seen Octane renders and they are great but Octane you have to have a GPU since it does not use system memory at all.

3 When using Cycles and your GPU meets minimum requirements and you have it set to use yoru GPU then Blender will use just the memory that is available on your GPU 

hope these answers helps some but I am sure someone else will chime in with further info

Good Luck

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2014 at 6:40 PM

Ok, thanks for the reply Well, in my case I have a Gtx Titan 6GB of Vram. Meanwhile, I'm also scouring the internet in search of it, but what I'm finding is a lot of people having problems with the Autodesk FBX import in Blender ... So what say the fbx this poser, as yourself said, it is still new ... But on the other hand, if the cycle in gpu mode uses only memory video card, then the best is still continuing in poser and Octane plugin for poser same.

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2014 at 9:36 PM
Forum Moderator

Well if you have GTX titan with 6Gigs you should have more than enough power for cycles or Octane or you can also look into Reality as well I dont know much about Octane or Reality render since my personal opinion is if I can do it for free with Cycles and get great results why pay for something else but please that is my personal opinion. I do not know what you are shooting for. Yes there have been issues in the past with the Autodesk FBX but improvements are being made all the time in Blender. It really full depends on what your ultimate goal is or what you are trying to render. I think Blender's tools can be and are as good as any high end software but that is my opinion.

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

heddheld ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2014 at 3:26 AM

octane is much faster then cycles, so if your happy with that workflow stick to it

unbroken-fighter ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2014 at 3:48 AM

im still new to cycles but i have seen some awesome renders from it

i do know that based from my history with pixar that blender is capable of some killer works

ive seen renders done in cycles that took days but were eye popping and i have seen some of the best of the best that are out there

you do not need other wares if you learn to work in blender but blender can be difficult to grasp for many

i still use an older version(2.49) so i am viewed as a dinosaur but i am learning the newer versions

personally id preffer the older build

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2014 at 7:40 PM

Quote - Well if you have GTX titan with 6Gigs you should have more than enough power for cycles or Octane or you can also look into Reality as well I dont know much about Octane or Reality render since my personal opinion is if I can do it for free with Cycles and get great results why pay for something else but please that is my personal opinion. I do not know what you are shooting for. Yes there have been issues in the past with the Autodesk FBX but improvements are being made all the time in Blender. It really full depends on what your ultimate goal is or what you are trying to render. I think Blender's tools can be and are as good as any high end software but that is my opinion.

Well, the reality ... I even bought this plugin to render poser scenes ... But we (me and the reallity), we could not understand each other very well, I ended up fighting with it, and uninstalled it. It uses CPU and is very slow ... But I also have no right to belittle this product, the images generated by it, I've seen on the internet are very beautiful, the reallity is a beautiful software, which generates beautiful and impressive. The advantage of Octane (I have the demo version) is that it catches the scenes as they are in poser, no need to adjust lights to mimic the real world. I think the best thing is I get in poser, even (I'm still on version PP2012, I intend to upgrade to PP2014 Game Dev soon) as you said, PP2014 GD is still new ... I just thought, could bring Genesis poser, Blender, Remembering that Genesis is a Daz model ... A bridge to 03 software: Daz Studio / Poser / blender. The good was even if there was a PZ / PZ3 plugin to import poser into blender.

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2014 at 7:43 PM

Quote - octane is much faster then cycles, so if your happy with that workflow stick to it

has reason

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2014 at 7:54 PM · edited Sat, 20 September 2014 at 7:56 PM

Quote - im still new to cycles but i have seen some awesome renders from it

i do know that based from my history with pixar that blender is capable of some killer works

ive seen renders done in cycles that took days but were eye popping and i have seen some of the best of the best that are out there

you do not need other wares if you learn to work in blender but blender can be difficult to grasp for many

i still use an older version(2.49) so i am viewed as a dinosaur but i am learning the newer versions

personally id preffer the older build

Hello, my intention was only to import Poser scenes in blender, using Genesis daz (some numbers for M4, V4 too) and play them in cycles, and let  see. all this through the FBX import ... But I see it will lead to another curve. I've tried to learn blender in the past ... I could learn to open and stretch a mesh in Blender, but I also forgot ...

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2014 at 9:02 PM
Forum Moderator

Hello Jorge

I do not know if you have looked in other post in our forum but there has been discussions about the use of a set of scripts that are free and primarily built for sending Daz scenes to Blender to render in Cycles that many have had very good success with still have to do some tweaking and there is a way of using the same scripts from with in Poser as well but again requiring some tweaking. Look at this thread mcjTeleBlender 3 in development I have tried to the poser version of the tutorial on the site that has information how to use the script to bring in a Poser Scene into Blender to have it render in Cycles. I know that there is going to be or there already is a Reality 3 release that is suppose to increase functionaily but I have no experince with the plugin and Octane yes I have heard many positive reviews but the price it is a bit more than I can justify for a hobbyist like myself.

Good Luck

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

jorge.dorlando ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2014 at 9:25 AM

Wow ,

hey **Lobo3433  **

then this effect is in blender?

http://www.aversionofreality.com/blog/2014/1/4/project-maiko-overview

man, this is very beautiful !!! Does the same toon style can be used in Genesis and M4, V4?

Lobo3433 ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2014 at 10:53 AM
Forum Moderator

Yes that effect is all in Blenderperhaps some post work in either Photoshop or Gimp. I know the creator of the site has been working on this project for sometime and has showing some of his steps and sharing his knowledge in how to go about doing this yourself.

Lobo3433

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2014 at 3:42 PM · edited Sun, 21 September 2014 at 3:43 PM

For what it's worth, I actually invested in the Octane / Poser plugin. It is a very complete, well-thought-out product, integrating very well with Poser itself.

I don't have any experience with "Reality xx" (and have - largely - philosphical issues with it, and so would never use it) so I can't comment on it.

The same mob that developed the Poser plugin for Octane created one for Blender. I have found that I wasn't using the Poser plugin enough to anywhere justify the outlay, and so when the next version rolled around didn't bother to upgrade, electing to simply stay in Cycles, since it's free, flexible and as I'm approaching retirement, need to keep an eye on spending.

Depending on whether you're going for more of a toon-look or trying for so-called "photorealism", it much more boils down to materials. Blender's material management is, at present, a bit gee-golly-whiz, but with the latest movie (Gooseberry) the whole Cycles material management thing is being revamped, so it should be a LOT easier, using a centralised library instead of re-designing the wheel from scratch each time.

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.