Wed, Oct 2, 10:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Corrupt files with PoserPro2014 Game Dev

bopperthijs ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2014 at 1:04 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 10:04 AM

All of a sudden my files that are saved by PoserPro2014 Game Dev are corrupt. The figures are completely distorted and all light are set to zero or black, and Poserpro freaks out. I have sent a support ticket to SmithMicro, but I was wondering if anyone else has the same problems or had the same problems. I've tried everything reïnstalling, deleting preference files and so on. I'm tearing what's left of my hairs out, because I can't get it to work properly.

regards,

Bopper

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2014 at 3:14 PM

I have been using Game Dev version since launch and I  have not seen any problems and certainly not with files being corrupted. 

The only time I have ever had corrupted files in the past was when one of the upgrades defaulted to 'use external binary morph targets'.  I know lots of people say it is all fixed now but I have never taken the risk and it remains off.  I am also not a found lover of compression so that remains unticked also but, in fairness, I have a dislike of compression in general particularly when the cost of storage has dropped so low.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

bhoins ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2014 at 4:41 PM

You might try deleting your preferences file and allowing Poser to rebuild it. For this issue that has always been the best solution in previous versions. 

bopperthijs ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2014 at 4:43 PM

That was one of the first things I did. But it didn't work.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2014 at 6:25 PM
Site Admin

I've had problems but I thought it was because my hard drive was going south. I've only saved 2 scenes with my new drive.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

BrainGuy63 ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2014 at 7:26 PM

When you sent in the report to tech support, did they ask you for a sample scene that shows the problem? Granted, that doesn't always let the engineers know what exactly went wrong, but it's a start anyway.
Usually the best thing to do when you get corrupted scenes and you want to provide 'em to Smith Micro is to take the simplest one you can get, open it up (screwy or not) and use the CollectSceneInventory script (in Scripts>Utility) to save the whole thing and all its parts into a new folder- then you zip that up, send it in and the techies can open it even if they don't have the same stuff in their Runtimes that you used to build the scene.
And if it is Poser's fault, that's probably the best first step to getting it fixed.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2014 at 9:19 AM

I had something like that. It happend when saving a file with IK activated. The hand with IK was completly distorted not just twisted. Try switsching off IK, that helped for me.

bopperthijs ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2014 at 9:28 AM

I sent two samples files to SM-support One uncorrupted and the same one saved and so corrupted. I don't think IK has something to do with it, because every file I save even with nothing in it, gets corrupted.

I really don't get it, I've been on holidays for two weeks and before I went all was working well, the day after I came back I wanted to make a new poserscene and I couldn't save it anymore without getting it corrupted. It's just making me crazy. I know Windows (8.1) had some updates when I started my computer. I don't hope it has anything to do with it.

regards,

Bopper.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2014 at 11:59 AM

Check to see if this applies

https://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-32699

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

CYBERMZEE ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2014 at 4:22 PM

Hi

I have an equal problem since a few days - with Poser 2014 Pro (no Game Dev) and latest ServicePack. I can render a scene once or twice, but after that I get only a black image and the scene objects are totally destroyed . It is also not possible to open the saved file again without the same result as long as I shut Poser and restart it.

I can't find any dependencies eg. that it only happens if I morph the character, change the texture or the lights or the render settings. It's really frustrating.

bopperthijs ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2014 at 3:30 PM

Update:

SM Support found a solution: Poserpro Game Dev doesn't go well with ICloud, which I recently installed on my computer (windows 8.1 64)

So I uninstalled Icloud and Poserpro works as before.

best regards,

Bopper

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2014 at 4:56 PM

Thank you for posting that info about the connection to iCloud, bopperthijs;  that might spare a lot of folks considerable aggravation.  It would not be easy for an individual user to figure out the cause & effect relationship.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

Netherworks ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2014 at 1:03 AM

So are the scenes going into the cloud?  Or is the "cloud service" (or whatnot) causing interference when saving scenes?

bopperthijs ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2014 at 1:23 PM

What I understand is that a dll-file of Icloud called shellstreams.dll is interfering with poserpro. I didn't use Icloud, but I bought an Ipad two months ago so I had to look how that works. Well, no Icloud for me untill someone has fixed it. What I heard form Sm-support that there are also problems with Excell and Icloud, so I think it's an apple problem.

Best regards,

Bopper.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.